Postal customs asking for forensic test

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Postal customs asking for forensic test

Post by striker » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:14 pm

Do not accept the customs for the expense that they going to test .its their job to test and if it's going to chennai and the mad fellows will say the the item have passed the deal wood test and the the gun is 6mm caliber .
Waste of time and energy .

For Advertising mail webmaster
thegunman
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by thegunman » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:47 pm

I had sent an e-mail to the customs dept. regarding the nature of the gun I imported, that its not an air gun and that it uses plastic bullets and today I get an interesting reply from them. By their argument it would seem that all guns in toy shops using plastic BBs are firearms. Below paragraphs I have cut-pasted from their e-mail.

1. As per Sec.2(e) of the Arms Act definition of fire arm is: "firearms" means arms of any description designed or adapted to discharge a projectile or projectiles of any kind by the action of any explosive or other forms of energy. Hence it seems that the imported item is a Fire Arm since the projectile (irrespective of whether it is metal or plastic) is discharged by the use of some form of energy as defined in the Arms act irrespective of whether explosives are used or not. Section 2 (c) of the Act also states that "arms" means articles of any description designed or adapted as weapons for offence or defence, and includes firearms, sharp edged and other deadly weapons, and parts of, and machinery for manufacturing, arms, but does not include articles designed solely for domestic or agricultural uses such as a lathi or an ordinary walking stick and weapons incapable of being used otherwise than as toys or of being converted into serviceable weapons

2. Section 19 of the Indian Post Office act also prohibits the import of such articles. Custom House, Cochin vide Alert Circular No.28/2007 dated 5.9.2007 inter alia directed that Air Rifles/Air Pistols should be detained for testing at the Forensic Science Laboratory, Trivandrum. It is also stated that all fire arms imported through Air, Sea or Postal mode are being released only after getting clearance from Forensic Science Laboratory, Trivandrum.

In view of the foregoing paragraphs, there is no undue delay as alleged and the clearance is pending for want of FSL Certificate. You are, therefore, advised to comply with the mandatory requirement of Forensic Science Laboratory test at Trivandrum at your cost and obtain clearance of the article.

estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by estousandy » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:02 pm

It's just pure ego at play. I know the type of person who sent you that mail. They'll proudly tell your story to their next victim. They enlightened me with two stories.

Btw, what are you planning to do next, if you can disclose it here?
with guns we are citizens, without we are subjects

thegunman
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by thegunman » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:38 pm

estousandy wrote:It's just pure ego at play. I know the type of person who sent you that mail. They'll proudly tell your story to their next victim. They enlightened me with two stories.

Btw, what are you planning to do next, if you can disclose it here?
May be just abandon it as suggested here, becos who knows how long it would take for the FSL thing and what costs it would involve.

thegunman
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by thegunman » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:45 pm

I have no PM, the email from their public grievance committee: [email protected].

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:48 pm

Really disgusting. Sometimes you wonder if some peoples a## in their brain or brain in their a##.
Disgusting indeed.
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by estousandy » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:41 pm

estousandy wrote: How i know this? I'm a victim too, although partially. That said my spares package is catching dust in a corner of the same office still.
This package was released yesterday with nominal duty after intense efforts by some high ranking officials at the customs after almost two years. There are some very good people there and a lot more truly bad ones as well. We citizens just don't seem to stand a chance against them, since even these big officials could be screwed over by them as I've witnessed in the last few days of this story.

Atleast this time, things fell in place just right to have this one in our favor.
with guns we are citizens, without we are subjects