Weihrauch HW 75 Excellency

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Weihrauch HW 75 Excellency

Post by Grumpy » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:42 pm

Sanjiv, don`t worry about my pedantic attitude to grammar. I don`t doubt the excellence of the HW75, it`s just that the title `Excellency` is applied only to people - specifically to ambassadors.

By the way: Don`t call me `Sir`. Whilst I accept that Indians are generally more polite than the British I`ve done nothing to earn the honorific and it smacks horribly of sychophancy to most UK ears. My username is `Grumpy` and my given name is `John` - please feel free to use either.

........Excepting, of course, that we all defer to Mother Mack The Knife of Bangalore who we know to be a saintly personage........

You`re right Dodger, not only is the HW45 not more expensive than the HW75 it actually costs quite a bit less...........It does however make satisfyingly more power and much more noise ! Not much use as a target pistol though.

How does the Gamo HW75 clone compare to the actual HW75 ?

`Thus spake Mack The Knife` and a reference to Nietzsche would initially seem an uncomfortable combination.......... especially in an Indian connotation where `Also Sprach Zarathustra` comes to mind...........except that Richard Strauss` symphonic poem borrows its name from a book with the same title by Frederick Nietzsche.
( - For those of you that have no idea of what I`m wittering on about don`t worry about it - it concerns a weird coincidence almost certainly of interest to me only ! )
Last edited by Grumpy on Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Weihrauch HW 75 Excellency

Post by Mack The Knife » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:26 pm

As I recall, the 75 wasn't all that much quieter than the 45. Different sound signatures but both are reasonably loud.

The Gamo Compact is a pretty well rated beginners air-pistol. I cannot do a hands-on comparism as I haven't seen one but the punters on the AirgunBBS don't have anything bad to say about it. Anand has one, remind him to bring it the next time you chaps meet.

Infact it probably scores better than the 75 as it has an adjustable palm shelf and trigger.

Blessings!

Mother