Canon 65 .22 air rifle

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Canon 65 .22 air rifle

Post by Basu » Sat May 30, 2015 6:27 pm

Dear Soumen,
What is the price you paid for Cannon 65 ??

Basu

dmsudhir............... I wonder about this gentleman...who transforms airgun into shotgun...... name of the shop please.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

For Advertising mail webmaster
dmsudhir
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by dmsudhir » Sat May 30, 2015 10:43 pm

Dear Basu
materials he used in air gun was some thing like crackers when trigger was pressed it made loud sound with lot of smoke, I have ordered SDb 65 from kovibazaar I will receive in 4 days. Gun shop Name Ullagaddimath Hubli

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Sun May 31, 2015 9:24 am

Hats off to that guy !!
SDB 65 is a nice gun.......
To get best out of it , it reqiues tuning....
You may visit gunsmith sec.to get guidelines.

Basu

to_saptarshi
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by to_saptarshi » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:19 am

dmsudhir wrote:Dear Friends
Recently I visited gun shop in our city to know various brand available, I felt strange when he inserted some explosive materials in air gun along with pellet to create blasting sound. He even told it will not harm the air gun. so my question is if we use any such material will our air gun get damage. I don't know what materials he had used
Thanks
Yes , it will . The materiel he used should be some sort of pressure sensitive bursting charge ( Mixture of Potassium Chlorate KCLO3 and Sulpher) which normally found in paper caps or in similar crackers. They normally gets burst in the air pressure coming from spring piston pressure, but it also create significant amount of heat at the moment of bursting which will dried up the lubrication in compression chamber and will also damage the piston seal. Some portion of bursting gas will also try to escape from breech block and will damage the O ring between the barrel and the cylinder. Detonating effect due to excess lubrication in Air Rifle is also harmful but using blasting cap is going to cause serious damage to your Air Rifle. Also I have seen some barrel break open at the moment of fire due to excessive back pressure created by the blasting cap, and Air rifle locking mechanism (ball shaft or spring shaft or others) are not designed to handle that type of backward pressure , so you will eventually end up, having a broken hinge , broken pin or may face some serious accident.

I will strongly recommend not to do that under any circumstances, no matter how exciting it may sounds or looks.
Thanks and Regards,
Saptarshi

soumen
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by soumen » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:05 pm

Dear basu da,
I purchased form Great eastern firearms, and I have to paid 2500/- for it, this is enough power full to penetrate four folded tin from 10 meter distance.
Soumen.

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:37 am

Dear soumen,
Cannon is manufactured by Olympic Sports near Lal Bazar.The cost of their gun is more than double of what you paid.
There is another one called Can-on , which is of the price that you paid.I suspect you bought Can-on and not "Cannon", the actual one.
However as long as you are happy with the AR , it does not matter.

Basu

soumen
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by soumen » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:12 pm

Dear Basu da,
You are correct this is Can on , not Cannon . I have asked several people to locate Olympic Sports, but none of them can help me, most of them told that they have closed their business, and I don’t know the deference between ‘Can on’ and ‘Cannon’, anyway .. now I am planning to modify this one to change some internal parts.
Basu da can you help me to give a reference someone who can modify it?

Soumen
IMG_20150529_080535.jpg
IMG_20150529_080628.jpg
IMG_20150529_081026.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:33 pm

Dear soumen,
I do not know any one who can modify Can-on into Cannon ,in Kolkata.

Basu

soumen
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by soumen » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:01 pm

Dear Basu da,
I don't want to modify Can-on into Canon.
I just want to replace some parts like piston washers, breach seals for this gun, actually I want to increase some power without changing the main spring right now, Just for that I need a reference from you.

Soumen

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:24 pm

Dear soumen,
Please visit gunsmithing sec.where you will find all informations as to how to increase performance by tuning to your AR.
Just follow them properly and I am sure it will not disappoint you.

Basu

gobi2085
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by gobi2085 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:36 am

Sir I want spares for cannon 65 ,.22 air rifle back cover sir any one know a help me

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:22 pm

gobi2085,
Could not get you properly.....come again...

Basu

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:12 pm

I have a Cannon 65. Extremely accurate rifle. Heard Cannon has shut production. Can't verify though. Heard they did not adopt to the changing environment and market. Worth keeping one in your collection.

BD

Added in 4 minutes 52 seconds:
gobi2085 wrote:Sir I want spares for cannon 65 ,.22 air rifle back cover sir any one know a help me
If you are meaning the cap at the back of the compression cylinder, then you just have to find the best option or machine one. Spares for most Indian ARs are never a problem (except the barrel) as they are very basic.

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

gobi2085
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by gobi2085 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:55 pm

Ok sir