Precihole NX100 Scorpious shot at 70 mts

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
shirodkar4
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Precihole NX100 Scorpious shot at 70 mts

Post by shirodkar4 » Fri May 01, 2015 11:36 pm

This is my first attempt to long range (Well 70 mts could be called long range for Indian Air Rifles) plinking with my Precihole NX100 Scorpious with Diana Shot Flat head Pellets.

Here is the youtube Link:

This is also my first attempt of video dubbing and editing so please pardon my mistakes.

Please share your comments.
Thanks!!
-SS

For Advertising mail webmaster
kml
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Precihole NX100 Scorpious shot at 70 mts

Post by kml » Sat May 02, 2015 12:46 am

That seems to be a nice attempt to test it long range..
I would suggest u to try it with the precipell pellets :idea:

shirodkar4
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by shirodkar4 » Sat May 02, 2015 2:50 am

kml wrote:That seems to be a nice attempt to test it long range..
I would suggest u to try it with the precipell pellets :idea:
I tried the precipel pellets but the drop in pellet is too much to take an accurate shot at longer distances.

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Sat May 02, 2015 12:12 pm

shirodkar4 wrote:This is my first attempt to long range (Well 70 mts could be called long range for Indian Air Rifles) plinking with my Precihole NX100 Scorpious with Diana Shot Flat head Pellets.

This is also my first attempt of video dubbing and editing so please pardon my mistakes.

Thanks!!
-SS
Good effort shirodkar'4' (y)
Try using round heads as flat heads lose velocity more than round heads.....
Yes...14gr Diana shot can go longer distance than Precipel 15gr pellets - difference in weight can affect distance.....
In any case 75 yds is noteworthy!
I have tried 75 yds with my NX 100.....Precipel pellet worked well, because I zeroed my scope accordingly....
Briha

shirodkar4
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by shirodkar4 » Sat May 02, 2015 12:35 pm

brihacharan wrote:
shirodkar4 wrote:This is my first attempt to long range (Well 70 mts could be called long range for Indian Air Rifles) plinking with my Precihole NX100 Scorpious with Diana Shot Flat head Pellets.

Thanks!!
-SS
Good effort shirodkar'4' (y)
Try using round heads as flat heads lose velocity more than round heads.....
Yes...14gr Diana shot can go longer distance than Precipel 15gr pellets - difference in weight can affect distance.....
In any case 75 yds is noteworthy!
I have tried 75 yds with my NX 100.....Precipel pellet worked well, because I zeroed my scope accordingly....
Briha
Thanks Brihaji..
The shots were not grouping but at least I could hit the target although it was a beer carton. :-)
-SS

ganeshn
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ganeshn » Mon May 11, 2015 11:22 am

You have access to a beautiful "range" but the video hardly tells about holdover, muzzle angle ...etc., to be really useful.try roundheads of different makes and shoot those video.

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Mon May 11, 2015 12:02 pm

Round head pellets perform well at "long" ranges. Do try them
/S
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

shirodkar4
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by shirodkar4 » Mon May 11, 2015 11:49 pm

ganeshn wrote:You have access to a beautiful "range" but the video hardly tells about holdover, muzzle angle ...etc., to be really useful.try roundheads of different makes and shoot those video.
The place I was shooting is not a "Range", Its an open plot on a hilly area. Its about 26 kms from my home. I travel to this place every weekend as its peaceful to shoot without any disturbance from locals being a remote location. The only problem is a strong wind which is easily deflecting the pellets. I tried a different batch of precipel pellets this weekend and the results were encouraging with 3.5 inch groupings. The video is of 726 mb as my brother shot it in HD. Working on reducing the size of the video so that i can post it on youtube. Will post in the link soon. Long range shooting is challenging and fun. I am loving it!!
Regards,
SS

shirodkar4
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by shirodkar4 » Tue May 12, 2015 12:03 am

snIPer wrote:Round head pellets perform well at "long" ranges. Do try them
/S
Absolutely Sniper!! I observed it myself during this weekend shooting with precipel pellets. I am curious though how the pointed head perform at longer distances.
-
SS

Master
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Master » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:14 am

Why have you blurred your face in the video ? Is there any legal problem shooting air rifle outdoors.

shirodkar4
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by shirodkar4 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:21 pm

I have been away from shooting for quite a long time now. I am back.

Master- No there is no legal problem. You are free to shoot provided you follow all the safety precautions.

Regards,
SS

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:15 pm

shirodkar4 wrote:You are free to shoot provided you follow all the safety precautions.
Then don't shoot towards a road in future and always make sure you have a safe backstop.

For your own safety, hold on to the barrel (or cocking lever, where appropriate) when loading a pellet.

shirodkar4
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by shirodkar4 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:34 am

Mack The Knife wrote:
shirodkar4 wrote:You are free to shoot provided you follow all the safety precautions.
Then don't shoot towards a road in future and always make sure you have a safe backstop.

For your own safety, hold on to the barrel (or cocking lever, where appropriate) when loading a pellet.
:agree: Thanks for the info Mack. Yes I have started holding the barrel now while loading the rifle as there is always the risk of the barrel snapping back.

If you see the video carefully then you will notice that I am not shooting towards the road but parallel to the road. The field where the target was kept has a gradual step slope to it (I am not sure if you can notice it in the video as its in 640 P) which eliminated the need for a backstop. Moreover the parallel road to the field was barricaded with roadblock as during that time it was still under construction. My cousin was constantly monitoring the road to warn unsuspecting people of our shooting activity in the vicinity.

Safety is utmost important. We would have abandoned the activity if we had found anyone or anything at risk.

Regards
SS

Dalip
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Dalip » Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:31 pm

Dear all members
Greetings
I just joined the group. I also purchased one Precihole NX100 Scorpio us Karbin a month back. Really a precise shooting experience. It's a very accurate as far as my experience is coming concerned. I want to buy a scope. Can anyone suggest which and from where to buy?
Dalip

shirodkar4
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by shirodkar4 » Wed May 30, 2018 4:39 pm

Good evening Friends,

I am back after a long long break. I have uploaded 2 more videos. One at 50 mts and the second at 61 mts. Please share your feedback on the videos. I would love to hear from you all. Here are the videos.

At 61mts

At 50 mts

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk