Precihole PCP

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Tiger619
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Precihole PCP

Post by Tiger619 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:11 pm

nitroex700 wrote: Expecting people to shell out a month's income (or more for some) in small towns and cities of India is definitely going to be an issue with its popularity. Majority of Indians like to have the best possible quality for the least possible money - between quality and money they invariably choose money! :)
Spot on bro, wish they would reduce the price. But they would come back and say the PCP is not for the average air-gunner. Not sure how much cost went into R&D and mass production of these PCP's. My wild guess is that they might have out-sourced the manufacturing of the pump and the cylinder.

Also, I have a dumb question. But let me put it out there and I will let the distinguished IFGian's comment on it.

Lets say I have a portable air compressor which I use for topping up my car tires. Provided we have the adapter to fit it to the nozzle of the cylinder on the gun, can we use it to fill it? These portable compressors are normally rated for 300 PSI but the gun is rated upto 3000PSI.

Understand that the portable compressor will need power to run, but will it work? Manual pump will be a pain I think.

For Advertising mail webmaster
sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:20 pm

Manual pumps need 5-10 mins of labour to pump upto 3000 psi. You can is to fill from a tank, and you can always fill up the tank with a portable compressor or definitely fill up the gun directly from the compressor. But the 300 psi will not work. You need one of these, launched just this year http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Air_Ventu ... 0_Bar/7458. Do see the price tag along with it. This is the cheapest one, and I think not for us who are willing not to spend even 35k for gun and 6k for tank. :lol:
"Aim small, miss small."

Tiger619
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Tiger619 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:41 pm

sam 47 wrote:Manual pumps need 5-10 mins of labour to pump upto 3000 psi. You can is to fill from a tank, and you can always fill up the tank with a portable compressor or definitely fill up the gun directly from the compressor. But the 300 psi will not work. You need one of these, launched just this year http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Air_Ventu ... 0_Bar/7458. Do see the price tag along with it. This is the cheapest one, and I think not for us who are willing not to spend even 35k for gun and 6k for tank. :lol:
LOL ROTFL . Wish the dollar sign was replaced by the rupee sign :mrgreen: Manual pump will be a pain man..... Wish that PH will sell an automatic pump instead of a manual pump.

Any other alternatives Sam that we can buy in India that can do 3000PSI? I see some heavy duty pumps on Amazon, but I don't think they can do 3000PSI.

I want to buy the gun for 35K, but trying hard to do away with the accessories any which way possible.

Let me know if you find anything. I will do the same. Cheers mate :cheers:

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:53 pm

Ordinary Compressors can not do the job themselves. But a special pump device like the one supplied with DAYSTATE PCP Rifles in mid 80s can be used. It converts the low pressure air to high pressure air. It has a small air reservoir and you have to connect it between an air source and the gun. It converts the low pressure air into high pressure air. The air source can be a compressor or even an ordinary car tyre inflating pump. First you charge the devices air reservoir and then by operating a lever you charge the rifle. If you use an ordinary air pump as an air source the cycle goes on until the gun is charged to the required pressure. If you use an air compressor since there is a continuous supply of air to the devices reservoir you simply operate the devices handle continuously until the gun is fully charged. This pump device was a cheaper alternative in those days to a scuba tank.

A diagram is shown below.
PUMP.jpg
Added in 2 minutes 39 seconds:
Of course I don't think the are available now even from Daystate.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:23 pm

Tiger619 wrote:[
LOL ROTFL . Wish the dollar sign was replaced by the rupee sign :mrgreen:
:agree: ROTFL
http://www.pyramydair.com/article/Using ... ay_2006/30 Read this article, it shows that using the hand pump is really the cheapest option, but at the expense of your own effort. Even the cheapest hand pumps you buy that dont come in bundled deals with air rifles will cost Rs 12k and will have to pay 7-8k for courrier.
But the best way to spare the effort is to buy a tank and hose, and get the tank filled from the nearest shooting clubs, AFAIK. But pumps give you the independence which a scuba tank cant. To know that you can fill your gun at home whenever it runs low is a big plus for me.
"Aim small, miss small."

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:51 pm

sam 47 wrote:Manual pumps need 5-10 mins of labour to pump upto 3000 psi.
On the brighter side...You'll bout waste shouts . You'll want every shot to count ROTFL

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

Tiger619
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Tiger619 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:49 pm

Thanks guys. But let me ask this though. If I had the tank, can I go to the local puncture walas and ask them to fill it out?

The compressors they have atleast seem to be heavy duty.

Rudransh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Rudransh » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:50 pm

Dear all

Although I am not a veteran here but with god's grace I have lot of airrifle out of which some 7pcps and few dozen springer mainly Indian and now exclusively Sdb after trying their airrifle once u are bound to love those.
The reason behind tapping my own back is that I want to clear some things best out of my uses and experience which is as real as it gets.

1. Only specifically design hand pump which is designed for pcp can be used to fill pcp airrifle because to fill up to 3000psi almost 200bar no other way around. Period .....(aurato wala nahi). ROTFL

2 pump is best options for people who live in rular area where it's hards to get refilled skuba tank but if skuba refilling is available in Ur location then go for tank.

3.After using air force ,cross men ,Fx and hill pump I can clearly tell that hill pump are best very heavy duty built like a tank and will last forever if u take care of it and totally serviceable I do all repairs by my self and I am an average man.

4.Pumping is very tiresome job I pay my driver extra on the day he pumps because he has to fill more than one gun in a day and a good condition pump fills 10psi each stroke so we are talking here few hundred pump each time filling and it's harder than cycle pump.
5.always follow the guidelines to operate pump for better life and lasting of pump.

6.A good pcp is so boringly accurate due to not recoil that each shot yields result without failure every time .

7.Holding pcp is different than springer I love to hold tight my pcp like firearms for better accuracy because it does give u jerk when air blows out of barrel talking some power airrifle.

If anything I missed please comment will try to answer.

Regards
Veerbhadra

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:55 pm

nitroex700 wrote: I like Precihole for its excellent quality for money. But given a price of 35,000 INR gun + 6000 INR Tank + 10,000 INR Pump, its actually going to overshoot the price of a Sarkari 10-rd .22 firearm! So a 50yd gun for 50,000INR seems steep and unreasonable. That is also important since it looks like a bare-basics gun to me - now pls don't start laying HMG fire on me for that, that is just my personal opinion.. Like Veerbhadra above, I too would have expected the gun's price between 20,000-25,000 and another 10,000 for accessories maximum.

Pardon my ignorance but what is this "tank" for 6K you guys are talking about? SCBA tank?
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Tiger619
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Tiger619 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:02 pm

kanwar76 wrote:
nitroex700 wrote: I like Precihole for its excellent quality for money. But given a price of 35,000 INR gun + 6000 INR Tank + 10,000 INR Pump, its actually going to overshoot the price of a Sarkari 10-rd .22 firearm! So a 50yd gun for 50,000INR seems steep and unreasonable. That is also important since it looks like a bare-basics gun to me - now pls don't start laying HMG fire on me for that, that is just my personal opinion.. Like Veerbhadra above, I too would have expected the gun's price between 20,000-25,000 and another 10,000 for accessories maximum.

Pardon my ignorance but what is this "tank" for 6K you guys are talking about? SCBA tank?
I think so. They are talking about the SCUBA tank.

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:31 pm

A question Rudransh. After filling the gun out to 3000 psi and 300 strokes of a hard air pump.....thinking of it makes me sweat, upto what pressure will the gun push out pellets with reasonably tight velocity spread? I know that it varies from gun to gun, and that it would not shoot untill the pressure drops to zero. I think the max pressure deficit would be upto 1000-700 psi,(i.e the air reservoir would remain at 2000 psi pressure) after that the barrel wont remain long enough to get consistent velocity.So after the first time I will only have to pump 70 to 100 times to get my gun to max pressure? Please explain this to me.
And I was thinking if you could share some more details of your "Airsenal" .... :mrgreen:
"Aim small, miss small."

Woods
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Woods » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:43 pm

Iam a big fan of Precihole but the pricing of their PCP will be justified at par with Benjamin Maximus / Discovery as if made here . They're certainly not "inventing" a PCP . Pricing can never be justified by referring to R&D costs , if the R&D didn't make it more refined and yet more affordable . Several parallels can be seen around . It would be unfortunate for us if such a valiant attempt of launching a PCP fails.
Great men are not born great , they grow great .

Rudransh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Rudransh » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:48 pm

Dear sohem
I will try to explain in easy words.first understand this there are two type of pcp airrifle.
1. Regulated
2. Non regulated

Regulated ones are which use almost same air blow every time to expelled the pellet so shot to shot consistency is very good and standard deviation also remains very lesser.

And non regulated are same opposite they might use different air pressure and more variation in shot velocity.therefore users need to fill it up completely then using a chroney shoot a complete strings of shot down to lower possible psi.You will see from a certain pressure up to a certain pressure the velocity remains very tight.that pressure is Ur guns sweet spot and you should stick to it.

Now suppose Ur gun starts at 2800psi down to 1900psi still u will have to pump it minimum 200times approx.so don't afraid of sweats.

Regards
Veerbhadra

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:28 pm

Dear Veerbhadra,

For 6K I assume the TANK PH supplies would be of an easy to carry to field size with low volume just sufficient to fill the gun for a few times in the field. What I want to know is whether it would be possible to fill this small tank using the pump supplied with the gun? Of course it would take a lot more time and physical effort and I don't think I can do it myself due to my poor shoulders. But I can get one of my plantation workers to do it for me. If it could be done what kind of adapters would be required to connect the pump's output to the tanks input?

Thank You,
Best Regards,

GNV

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:13 pm

I think unless one has access to scuba filling pump...The excitement might not sustain for long.
I get breathless while pumping my daughter's bicycle even though my shoulders are good enough ROTFL .
The pumping workers are very seldom available.
It is always better for me if some ones buys the gun and I get the opportunity to shoot :mrgreen:

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............