Precihole PCP

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Precihole PCP

Post by vsraja » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:32 am

This will mark a new era of indian air gunning as ''before PCP and after PCP''.We are up to experience a paradigm shift in AIr rifle market in india which will have a great impact on all manufacturers.They are left with no choice but to change their menu card.But we have more choices on which one to choose.Also this will quench the long awaited thirst of many to import a PCP for casual plinking and target practice with reasonable budget and quality.
With regards,
vsraja

For Advertising mail webmaster
satyam
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by satyam » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:24 pm

kshitij wrote:Great news. Have been waiting for this since a long time now. Heres a picture from Jan 2016, taking the liberty of sharing this now since the wait is finally over.
IMG-20160111-WA0005-1.jpg

From the really short time i got to spend with it, the few things i can vouch for are:

1. The shooting experience is brilliant. The weight and ergonomics are spot on.
2. The build quality and fit and finish were top notch too.
3. Most of us who got to try it out were able to shoot one hole groupings at 10m, standing and hand held.
4. Above all else, the one thing that has stood out for me has been the excruciating wait for the thing to be launched and made available :mrgreen:
What is the meaning of one hole grouping?
does it mean all pellets land up one over the other?

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:16 pm

Yes....All holes are covered by one hole, big or small :mrgreen:

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:20 pm

satyam wrote: What is the meaning of one hole grouping?
does it mean all pellets land up one over the other?
Ideally one hole group means all pellets passing through the same hole, i.e group measure 0.00" ctc. But the world is not ideal, and realistic one hole groups are the ones in which the pellets holes overlap with each other giving a round ragged hole, size of the group whole depends on the no .of shots being fired.
That being said, keep on shooting for long enough, and you will have a one whole group ......eventually. :wink:
"Aim small, miss small."

Ligang
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Ligang » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:28 am

I prefer higher fpe...12fpe is a next door guy now. Hope this time Precihole will give macho and slender guns to the Indians.

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:58 am

Ligang wrote:I prefer higher fpe...12fpe is a next door guy now. Hope this time Precihole will give macho and slender guns to the Indians.
How much do you prefer? The law states the max you can get is 15 fpe at the muzzle.
"Aim small, miss small."

vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vsraja » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:54 pm

I came to know that the air pump will also be supplied by the precihole separately with extra cost under their brand name.It was revealed through a fb reply by them on their official page.
With regards,
vsraja

Ligang
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Ligang » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:02 am

15 fpe is enough for plinking at 50 Meters range. That much energy can make me to change my shooting calculations.

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:12 am

vsraja wrote:I came to know that the air pump will also be supplied by the precihole separately with extra cost under their brand name.It was revealed through a fb reply by them on their official page.
That's a very cool piece of information vsraja. You made my day. :D :cheers:
"Aim small, miss small."

Woods
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Woods » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:40 am

:shock: They didn't launch even on Republic day
Great men are not born great , they grow great .

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:01 am

Woods wrote::shock: They didn't launch even on Republic day
We can expect a review soon...
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

Tiger619
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Tiger619 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:29 am

Happy Republic Day guys!! Have some updates on Precihole PCP from their facebook page.

It will be launched in the first week of Feb. Lets hope so!!!

They will supply the pump needed for compressed air. Need to buy it separately as stated by fellow IFGian already.

They are also launching a low cost springer I guess based on the information in the image. Price might be 6K-8K?

IFGians who were fortunate enough to visit the Precihole factory, please shed some light on below:

1. Does the PCP have grooves at the bottom for a bipod?
2. Will it be available in Camo/Wooden synthetic stocks as well at launch? Not a big fan of wooden stocks as they tend to make the gun heavier. Add to that a scope and a bipod and we are looking at a 4 to 5KG air gun.
3. Does it have a scope stop groove on the dove tail?
4. Fpe for the PCP will be 15fpe as per the new arms law? I'm sure we will have only the .177 caliber version.

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:55 pm

It's very unfair to expect the PCP at springer rates. There are R&D costs, the cost of a pressurized tank, Hydrostatic test for each tube, and we can be sure that Precihole will deliver quality not cheap stuff, which again comes at a cost. Many were disappointed they could not get PCP's due to lack of club membership, now its changing to the want for low price (no offence meant). I think we are blessed to get a PCP on demand. Since its home grown, we will not be challenged with spares and maintenance. That it self is enough reason to want this rifle. More power, bi pod groves are secondary. It can always be tweaked by the buyer.

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

Tiger619
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Tiger619 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:21 pm

With the price of the PCP + accessories estimated to cost anywhere between 20K-40K, I would preferably want the bi-pod/dovetail grooves to be cut by the manufacturer. When you have spent so much money and years on R&D to develop a world class product, why miss out on the functionality that the other world class guns give the shooter. Just my 2 cents.

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:09 pm

There are dovetail grooves cut on each precihole air rifle. I am surprised at their decision on a low cost springer. The department of springers has been thoroughly covered by them and other manufacturers thoroughly, in the whole wide range of power and price variations.
I expected something new out of them, like a repeating springer and not to mention the PCP on the republic day.
"Aim small, miss small."