CR-13 0.22 cal custom made air rifle.

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
mooppan
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

CR-13 0.22 cal custom made air rifle.

Post by mooppan » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:41 am

good mornings friends,
we most of the IFGns are here for most intrested topic-Air guns. Isnt..? I am also a air gun lover becose of its easy to use and hassle free to own.
But if any one out for a magnum rated AR. The market it limited and exhorbitantly expensive,which is utterly waste of ur hard earned money.our indian made condenters are only posers and its modification potentials are limited lets say upto 600fps to a 0.22 cal.AR.

One year back i was also out a RWS grade AR and ,although being a potential coustmer i was getting quots like 60 k for RWS 54. 4ok for .0177D 350 m,1.1lakh for a beeman R1. Which was truly a magnum range.i was quite disppointed and iwas also looking modification way to my ak agni550 UL. Iapproched one of my nearsest air rifle mechanic to settle the issues,there i saw clone of the RWS 460,but it was short in size with barrel,power plant, only it was matching with overall shape and its loading mechanism ,and under lever coking mechanism. But i was surprised becos every bits of its was coustom made and its finshing was also impressive.it was also bang on target le 20 -25 mtrs
And truly speaking this AR was my base of modification. With some trail and error metod of fabrication we increase its power plant lenght from 11cm to 15 cm.and some chane in piston length and almost 2 inch length incriment of total reciver to accomdate the power plant ,all set fit. And also its barrel length increased two inch to 18.
Guys please have look my CR13(coustom mader rifle 2013),its spes follows,
18 inch long rifle barrel coustom made
Wood stok inspired from fuercraft design
A spiceially made trigger lock which lget locked while cocking
power plant made on SS rest are with MS
Cylinder ID 27.4 mm, length 15 cm
Piston travel 11.1 cm
So swept vol - 66cc ...bingo..!
Normal springs are not working cos of additional length ,so a 40 nos coil for RWS 350 OE spring installed. Man it is very tuff when cocking...!

The shooting experince.

Right after the build, the shots were crazy cos of springs tufness. Diana made peletts was piercing thro like it fired from LR rifle.but at cost of accuracy ...!guys forget t 3/4 inch deal wood,2 inch scrap wood are pierced.but you cant shoot a target of 1 inch even @10 mtrs.

But some miracle happened............which i was never thought. After the inital craziness the spring was settledown after two months. All jerks gone,30 ,40 mtrs(80-90 yards) 2 inch targets bang bang...

please go thou the pics..commnts will be highly appricited. Allpics are taken yesturday on my mobile for the ase of uploading
Mote pics followos...

Ranjith.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Re: CR-13 0.22 cal custom made air rifle.

Post by Basu » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:01 pm

Dear Mooppan,
This is a grand effort made by you to bring down level of starvation for magnum springers in India.
In India 11+fpe ARs are already made and used .
But none of the two organised manufacturing companys have gone beyond that.
I find the specifications are at the first place quite attractive to lay the plinth of a magnum powered AR.
I am ,and hope so are the other Ifgians ,will be interested to know the power delivery interm of energy output of this AR.

Basu
Last edited by Basu on Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not all those wander , are lost...............

bennedose
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by bennedose » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:03 pm

I want one

mooppan
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mooppan » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:16 pm

bennedose wrote:I want one
Buddy this is not for sale....
this whole experiment was costly ,when you compare with indian made AR. But not that price range of germans.perhaps half of their cost in india.

Ranjith.

mooppan
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mooppan » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:45 pm

Basu wrote:Dear Mooppan,.
I am ,and hope so are the other Ifgians ,will be interested to know the power delivery interm of energy output of this AR.

Basu
Dear basu....
FPS needs to determind for this, right now i dont have any tools for measure this.. I m expecting right now, the rifle shoots @750fps with diana round head pellets which is almost 15 grains.,(pls note this is after almost one year usage),when it was brand new may be 900fps range,with same pellets . Smart phone based software...for fps. Im not getting how to use and its compactability..? Pls help guys..

Ranjith.

Vivek.anand
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Vivek.anand » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:57 pm

Very thorough and a great effort on your part, looks beautiful.
I know you said it was expensive but can't help wanting one. :P

mooppan
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mooppan » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:32 pm

[quote="Vivek.anand"
I know you said it was expensive but can't help wanting one. :P[/quote]
Hi Vivek..
I can guide you ... but you need to come to my home...ready...?

Ranjith.

mooppan
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mooppan » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:07 am

pls have look at its trigger safety

Ranjith
22112014(011).jpg
22112014(011).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vivek.anand
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Vivek.anand » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:56 am

mooppan wrote:[quote="Vivek.anand"
I know you said it was expensive but can't help wanting one. :P
Hi Vivek..
I can guide you ... but you need to come to my home...ready...?

Ranjith.[/quote]

I would love to but from your pic it seems like you live down south while i reside in NCR, but if i ever am there would love to pay you a visit. :)

mooppan
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mooppan » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:59 am

Dear fellow members,
Any body having 3.5 /3.2 mmwire dia, 21mm od, and 300_315 mm length. Springs as surplus. I required one for my AR. Pls help.

With regards.
Ranjith Raghavan.

Note for mod. I don't have the privilege to post in sale and wanted section. That's why posting here.its for the above explianed AR. Apology in advance if it breaking any forum rules.

vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vsraja » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:17 pm

With regards,
vsraja

mooppan
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mooppan » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:36 pm

Hello friend,
These springs are merely 19mm OD. And having length of around 290mm if I remember. My requirements are 21mmOD. & Around 315mm length. If you install a lesser OD spring in a cylinder made for larger OD springs. Springs wobling will happens and apprantly spring will break. And again length is another issue as I won't get required pre tension for the piston. Diana RWS springs or Gamo springs are perfect match for my rifle. Hope you got my points.

Regards,
Ranjith Raghavan.

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:24 pm

If you need original Diana stuff, KOVAI SPORTING ARMS is the place to go. I get all my diana stuff from them, washers, springs etc.
422-2234256

BD

Added in 2 minutes 5 seconds:
Please share Few snaps of the open breach, and a close up of the trigger blade.

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

mooppan
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mooppan » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:34 am

Big Daddy wrote:If you need original Diana stuff, KOVAI SPORTING ARMS is the place to go. I get all my diana stuff from them, washers, springs etc.
422-2234256

BD

Added in 2 minutes 5 seconds:
Please share Few snaps of the open breach, and a close up of the trigger blade.

BD
Dear BD.
Thanks for your lead. But I tried to call them yesterday. But didn't picking the call. Let me try tmrw.if the suffs are available ,Im personally going there. It's a matter of a days journey.

Regards,
Ranjith Raghavan.