Two Qs regarding caliber and carbine

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
sushila81
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Two Qs regarding caliber and carbine

Post by sushila81 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:41 pm

first is
Which one is better caliber for precision target shooting .177 or .22 (strictly between the two) ?

2nd
does a carbine version require more cocking effort than regular of the same model (for eg. between HW80 and HW80 K )

For Advertising mail webmaster
shahid

Post by shahid » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:10 am

For target shooting definetely the .177 is better because it flies straighter and faster through the air.

For any kind of competition shooting too mostly .177 is preferred.

In case of HW 80 or 80 K, velocity , ME is same for both. Cocking effort for the Carbine would be slighty more in my opinion, but not a noticeable difference for an able bodied adult.

You had asked me earlier, stocks of HW 80 in .177 have still not arrived here in Dubai. maybe in September.

But mind you, an HW 80 is no Air Rifle target shooting rifle. It is a general purpose outdoor use rifle more for plinking tin cans etc. But the best in its class. What a rifle. Last THursday I took it for a session of shooting at the Sharjah shooting club.

Having readjusted and reshimmed the scope with tape n all as per Rustys suggestion ( Thanks buddy for the tips ).

First I started off shooting 25 rounds with a 9 mm Luger, BRNO / CZ 75 Auto Pistol. In the first clip 3 went into the 10 zone and 2 in the 8 zone.

Later I shot with the HW80 in . 22, resetting the scope. After a few trials, here it was grouping 1/2 inch at 30 yards ( 25 m ).

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:16 pm

sushila81";p="25656 wrote: first is
Which one is better caliber for precision target shooting .177 or .22 (strictly between the two) ?

2nd
does a carbine version require more cocking effort than regular of the same model (for eg. between HW80 and HW80 K )
If you are serious about competing then forget about spring piston air-guns! PCP (pre-charged pneumatic) or single stroke pneumatic rifles are the way to go...

Springers are good plinkers and not generally for competition use - unless of course it is a "springer only" competition...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein