First look: GD RX-100 Rifle

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Strong_Gun
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: First look: GD RX-100 Rifle

Post by Strong_Gun » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:14 am

brihacharan wrote: Hi Strong Gun,

> Nice pictures....
1. The rifling appears to be contaminated with metal shavings - probably left uncleaned after cutting the pitch & landings by the manufacturer....
* Use a brass wire brush (available with gun shops for 0.22cal) and clean the insides of the barrel using any thin lubricating oil / you can also spray WD40 & do it....after which clean with soft cloth.

2. The stock appears to be good but made of a low quality wood....design seems a close copy of Precihole ARs....
* You may detach the action & have the stock sanded smooth - you may also apply 'walnut tint' & apply a mixture of (coconut oil + linseed Oil 50/50) 3 coats - leave overnight after each coat for the oil to soak & rub smooth with '0' emery paper & soft cloth.
3. Is there a rubber or plastic cheek piece put on the cheek rest?

4. The gun has a decent appearance & balance ....remember to adjust the rear sight for elevation & windage for shooting at 10 metres....many new shooters overlook this & later complain about accuracy!!!!!
Good luck!
Briha

Dear Brihaji,

Thanks a lot for your valuable comments. let me illustrate here some of your observations.

* Yes, the rifling seems to be contaminated by materials and I think those are the submission of the pellet metals. But your point also may be true. I am keeping in mind all your suggestions about the ways of cleaning the gun barrel. Surely I will do it in some days later.

* Yes, not only the stock but the whole gun seems to be a good copy of PH rifles. But you have mentioned that the quality of the wood is low, sir will you please explain the reason behind that? Again you have advised some ways to improve the stock. I will keep those points too in mind. But sir being a novice it is really a big issue for me to work out in such a way and here I need some person with first hand experience of doing such jobs , who will teach me directly how to do these stuffs.

* There is no coating( neither rubber nor plastic) on the cheek rest. It is just wooden and made with the same material as the stock.

* Yes sir, I have adjusted the windage and elevation before shooting. But there is a problem in the rear sight. And the problem is affecting my accuracy badly. So, I will take it to shop in some days. Actually the rear sight holding screw is not in its place properly and the screw elevation is blocking my view to the fore sight. I can't actually see the foresight sharply.

Waiting for your comments..

Thanks & Regards,

Strong_Gun

For Advertising mail webmaster
Strong_Gun
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Strong_Gun » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:25 am

himanshu maru wrote:Also contact a good local gunsmith for fine tuning and if possible get its spring and washer changed to gd sports model 35 spring and diana washer. It can be done with littel modification . Than your gun is ready to hit hole in hole.
Hello Himanshu,

Thanks for your replying to my post. I will keep in mind your words. See, I am a novice shooter, so I think it is a bit problem for me to change some parts right now as you said. But after shooting after around 2000-3000 rounds and after watching the performance of the gun, I will surely plan to do so. But before doing that I need direct expertise guidance because I am inexperienced in those staffs. In your post you have mentioned the name of a gun GD sports model 35. But I have never heard of this GD product. Is it Kolkata made rifle?? Where it is available? If possible please post here the details with some picture of the gun. Because as per my knowledge other 6 air rifle are made by G.D. Products except mine.

Thanks & Regards,

Strong_Gun

Strong_Gun
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Strong_Gun » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:33 am

sathya.sniper wrote:Just now saw the overall pics of the rifle,
the same kind of a copy of precihole,
It would have been much better if they could have copied the trigger too from PH.

Give a clean through the barrel using some rest remover spray,
It must be dust which is accumulated inside.

Do post some pics of the groupings also.

Regards
-Sathya
Hello Satya,

Thanks for watching the pictures. Yes, it is a good copy of Precihole rifles. It is correct that that it would have been far better if the trigger and trigger guard style could be copied for PH ARs. But, I think you can not expect more from a air rifle of just Rs. 4800. :D right? Any way, I will clean the barrel as you all advised and will post some grouping pictures too.

Regards,

Strong_Gun

Strong_Gun
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Strong_Gun » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:36 am

Basu wrote:Dear maru,
I think it is better for him to pass through some 1500-2000 shots then think of changing some part or the other.
Leather washers are also quite good and gives nice service. Quality of stock spring can only be understood by using it for a little longer period.
I hope it is SG's first gun so is yet to know it well before going for a change.

Basu
Dear Basu,

All your words holds true about me.

:agree: :agree: :agree:

Regards,

Strong_Gun

Strong_Gun
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Strong_Gun » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:42 am

bennedose wrote:
I agree with this. An premature tuning can sometimes degrade the performance of the rifle unless one is already and expert at solving problems and is ready and willing to dismantle the rifle at short notice to fine tune things. If the rifle is performing well at the time of purchase - better to shoot 2000 shots and let things settle.
Dear bennedose,

You have just written the words of my mind. Any way, I am trying to hit accurately and precisely with my new springer at 10 mtrs. I still remember about the challenge you have thrown to me. :D :D But need to do a little rectification in the rear sight that I have explained in some previous posts. Otherwise it is shooting finely.
:agree: :cheers:

Regards,

Strong_Gun

Arunvivan
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Arunvivan » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:02 pm

sathya.sniper

Hi dude i am arun from madurai.i would like to buy a muz velocity around 1000fps rifle with scope.pls suggest me the best one my budget is <25k as well as let me know the armoury shop.thanks in advance.
Note:any possibility to buy a import air rifle without paper in my budget.

There are no shortcuts. If there is a law in place, we must obey it until it is changed. Asking questions such as these does not reflect well on you and us as a community- Moderator

bennedose
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by bennedose » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:47 am

Strong_Gun wrote: Dear bennedose,

You have just written the words of my mind. Any way, I am trying to hit accurately and precisely with my new springer at 10 mtrs. I still remember about the challenge you have thrown to me. :D :D But need to do a little rectification in the rear sight that I have explained in some previous posts. Otherwise it is shooting finely.
Don't forget to try different brands of pellets - the rifle will choose its pellet. I have found that for 10 meter ranges Flat head pellets like Mastershot Wadcutter, Diana shot flat head and Marshal shot flat heads are excellent and tend to group better than pointed pellets. Personally I have never had good results from Mastershot export quality (round head) GSmith (round head) and Precipell are good but heavy and better for longer ranges in my view as the heavier weight retains energy over longer distances.

Strong_Gun
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Strong_Gun » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:52 am

bennedose wrote:
Don't forget to try different brands of pellets - the rifle will choose its pellet. I have found that for 10 meter ranges Flat head pellets like Mastershot Wadcutter, Diana shot flat head and Marshal shot flat heads are excellent and tend to group better than pointed pellets. Personally I have never had good results from Mastershot export quality (round head) GSmith (round head) and Precipell are good but heavy and better for longer ranges in my view as the heavier weight retains energy over longer distances.
Hello bennedose,

thank you for you valuable advice. And yes I am trying or practicing with two different kind of pellets right now. 1. Eagle Dome head Pellets and 2. Unites Shot Pointed pellets. Now, I found out the united shot pointed is far more better than the pre specified dome head, be it the grouping or be it the accuracy. Though I have not checked the united shot Point head in 30 mtr range still now, but I guess it will offer me good result there too. I have fired a couple of shots in 30 mtr range with the dome head and the results were so so. :wink:

Regards,

Strong_Gun

Vmals Sailo
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Vmals Sailo » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:48 pm

How bout the trigger response?

jasirkp
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by jasirkp » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:12 pm

How is this gun to use? Good or bad? how much price?