Precihole NX100 Scorpious..the most powerful Indian Air Gun

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Precihole NX100 Scorpious..the most powerful Indian Air

Post by brihacharan » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:40 am

kshitij wrote: Not acting like a fan boy, but i find it hard to believe the negatives mentioned about precihole. As far as the rifle is concerned, you may have got a lemon, a one off. I have one for some time now and am truly impressed by the quality and accuracy of the rifle for the price it is being offered at. The range where i shoot has few IHP models and having tried one of them, i wouldnt touch one with a long stick. As for the attitude of the company, i have had a rather pleasant experience every time i dealt with them.
> It's my experience too
Briha

For Advertising mail webmaster
estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by estousandy » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:52 am

Same here, pleasant experience from the PH team. Although the person concerned was not sure about what a piston seal is, they helped me their best nevertheless.
with guns we are citizens, without we are subjects

jatindra Singh Deo
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by jatindra Singh Deo » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:22 pm

Excellent product there is hardly a comparison with IHP ..Purchased two of them Orion and scorpius from Aimco .Orion was a little pellet fussy but solved with precihole pellets and scorpius was dead on out of the box .IHP is a poor 2 generation behind precihole from the looks of it .Good products dont come cheap and looking at imported stuff ,precihole is a steal .

Oggie
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Oggie » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:24 am

Gentlemen (and the few if any ladies reading this ! )

I have a question. In my youth (spent in India) I was the proud owner of an IHP National .177 that I had a lot of plinking fun with. How does the National .177 rate against the Precihole - in terms of velocity and look, feel etc ? If I remember correctly (I'm talking about the mid 80's ) there was no real option to the .177 then. Obviously very different now.

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:46 am

Oggie wrote:Gentlemen (and the few if any ladies reading this ! )

I have a question. In my youth (spent in India) I was the proud owner of an IHP National .177 that I had a lot of plinking fun with. How does the National .177 rate against the Precihole - in terms of velocity and look, feel etc ? If I remember correctly (I'm talking about the mid 80's ) there was no real option to the .177 then. Obviously very different now.
Hi Oggie,
> The National 0.177 is still a good AR & as you rightly put it - There were no other options in those days....
> However technology has advanced - resulting in better design, materials used & of-course production techniques....
> A comparison would be like - In the 80's cars were fitted with 'carburetors' & today we have 'fuel injection system'.... :lol:
> Personally I would rate PH range of ARs as the best available in India....
Briha

bennedose
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by bennedose » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:34 pm

I believe I am in a somewhat unique position - although I cannot comment on the Scorpius. I have an Orion, IHP 35 and a SDB 65 (all in 0.22) which are all less than 18 months old and I have put them through their paces using up literally thousands of pellets - I estimate about 5-6000 pellets. I would like to add the name of the manufacturer SDB to the list of the top 3 Indian brands - I have used an old SDB for 23 years and now I have a brand new one.

I would like to pass my judgement on my experiece with these brands.

In terms of power, it sems to me that none of them is way way more powerful than any other. In general I found the Orion to be marginally more powerful than the IHP 35 but my new SDB 65 seems to be the most powerful out of box (albeit tuned a bit at kovibazaar). But all in all there is hardly any difference in power in terms of fps. Maybe 5%. But the biggest significant difference is in bore size. The Orion accepts the broadest pellets - GSmith and Precipell. The SDB chokes on them - they are too tight. They are a bit tight on the IHP 35.

What this means in practice is that the IHP 35 and the SDB tend to be best with the lighter/narrower pellets like Mastershot round head, MS Wadcutter, AIMCO and Marshalshot flat head. I use only Preipell on the Orion. So the power cannot really be compared because the lighter pellets seem to retain more velocity at 10 meters, but at 15-20 meters the heavier pellets (Orion) carry more punch. If you are looking for difference in power - I would not bother. All of them are about the same. You will not miss power because you bought X brand and not Y brand

About accuracy I want to point out that all are equally accurate - but here I have found a curious thing. I need low power glasses to see the front sight clearly - and the target is usually slightly blurred. The rear sight too is slightly blurred but that does not matter because al I need is to see the foresight post clearly and center it perfectly. And here is the biggest difference between the rifles. Because of different barrel lengths - the longer length of the SDB barrel seems most comfortable to my eyes using my glasses. The shorter barrel lengths of the IHP 35 and Orion are such that my aim tends to go off just a bit with the Orion and IHP 35. So this has become a matter of comfort for me. I am most comfortable with the SDB sights; Orion is second and IHP is third (for me). Another point aboout accuracy is that ONLY Gsmith, Precipell, Wadcutter, AIMCO and Marshal shot flat head pellets work well for me in accuracy. ALL other pellets - including MS export are useless in my hands through my rifles.

About quality. Orion has a super build, it is light, no loose parts. It is a dream to cock and the power is tremendous despite the easy cocking. But the hexagonal screws need to be tightened every 15-20 shots. The hexagonal screw fixing the trigger sometimes tends to come loose and you can lose the trigger unless you keep checking. (Someone on IFG actually lost the trigger)

IHP 35 has given me the worst experience so far, quality-wise. It is powerful and easy to cock but it had a lot of failures and factory QC defects. The pin holding the cocking lever to the underside of the barrel was loose and used to gouge out an arc of wood from the fore-part of the wodden butt. It nearly fell out once. But the fixing screws lost their threads and finally the welding that helps to fix the barrel to the stock failed both front and back and required to be re welded.

I had no major issues with the SDB 50 that I used for 23 years and it was a dream to shoot even after I did much to its insides. The SDB 65 is looking equally good.

Ultimately if you have to make a choice, here is my opinion

If you have the money and or feel you are small built and need a compact rifle, go for a Precihole. It comes with grooves for a scope - a great plus point

A budget rifle with great power and accuracy - suitable for a person with longer arms would be the SDB. The SDB 65 and higher models even come with a peep sight which is an added bonus.

The IHP 35 is an, accurate, powerful rifle - but given my experience- I would rate the SDB higher for being less expensive.
Last edited by bennedose on Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:12 pm

Dear benne,
I have fired all three guns you mentioned above.
The remarkable fact is only Precihole comes factory tuned.So it shoots best out of the box in any given day.
It is always true that one need to pay more for better quality.
I also feel tuned SDB/IHP are better choice for a plinkers in given price.
Tuned SDB/IHPs are very accurate but when it comes to target shooting ,nothing can match NX club Elite.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

AnandNair
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by AnandNair » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:31 am

IHP is good.
Precihole is better.
However the trigger assembly on the Precihole is junk. I am sure with a two stage adjustable trigger, if installed on the rifle would make it one of the most accurate breakbarrel air rifles ever made in India and abroad. May be Precihole should address this aspect first before releasing more models.
Some learn by reading. A few by observation. The rest of 'em have to pee on the electric fence.

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:03 am

Spot on. Improving the trigger will help it grow from a good to great product. Just hope precihole, like the other air rifle companies, doesnt rest on its laurels because of the lack of competition.
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:33 am

Gentlemen!!!!
> Excellent analysis of ARs :D
> Two important & notable points cited are:
1. ARs that need tuning to improve performance (shooting pleasure + accuracy)
2. Pre-Tuned ex-factory
> So other than Precihole ARs that come factory tuned the other Indian ARs need tuning....
> Re: Two Stage Triggers - My Orion NX 22 cal is set to a "2 3/4 lbs" pull, which suits my shooting style perfectly - Just crisp enough to feel the exact stage when it'll go off!!!
> My take is that most Indian shooters are not used to a "2 Stage" trigger... PH is aware of this & have since modified it....
> Remember that the more sophisticated an AR is the more sensitive it is to the way the shooter handles it....
> Lastly, no two ARs function similarly, each one behaves in a different way (this is with foreign made ARs also)
> Now coming down to pellets - Choose the brand, shape & weight, your AR accepts & stick with it to enjoy your shooting...
HAPPY SHOOTING!!!!
Briha

hillsman
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by hillsman » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:46 pm

i used to own an IHP, about 15 years ago. my experience with it was good. it had adequate power, decent accuracy (the best compared to other Indian made brands at that time).
I ordered a Precihole Orion for my friend and we both found the build quality to be much better than the IHP. Cocking was smooth, trigger pull light and vibration on shooting was way better compared to an IHP. Accuracy was good, even better than the IHP with MS export quality roundheads (less vibration, weight & light trigger pull maybe). Had loads of fun plinking with my friend the day we got it. The joy was short-lived though... the trigger got stuck after about a 100 shots and to our alarm it was after we had it loaded and cocked! Not willing to leave it as it was, we played around with the screw on the trigger and got it unstuck and a potential disaster was averted.
The trigger of the air rifle stays tricky till now, getting stuck occasionally. my friend keeps a screwdriver close by whenever he goes plinking. Other than this, the air rifle was flawless in performance.
Precihole is undoubtedly the best air rifle manufactured in India but till it fixes the trigger issue, I'll still be on the lookout for a decently priced imported option for myself.

pratik_mahale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pratik_mahale » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:00 pm

http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21693

it may help you to resolve the trigger problem

Peacefulguns
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Peacefulguns » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:20 pm

The only problem I have had with my Nexus Scorpion is that it starts to rust too easily. I had not used it for about a month and had left it with a thin patina of gun oil on the barrel. The oil must have dropped away and now I have rust blotches in a few places.
Which is the best anti rust oil?

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:08 pm

I use heavy duty gear oil of HP.
I do oil every sundays after shooting.
This oil has good surface affinity , so the film of oil remains well .
I am not sure wheather or not it will stay for month.
Scortch Brite may be rubbed on rusted area very softly with oil to remove it and leaves behind a dark plain surface , which goes well with rest of the bluing.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

1974Phantom
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by 1974Phantom » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:53 am

Reaper wrote:
sandeepyadavggn wrote:The worst airgun I have seen since long.
Sight adjustment poor.
After 1-2 week , chrome plating starts rusting.
Called/Emailed Precihole -- No reply
Attitude of Precihole is like an obligation on gun lovers to make a gun like precihole.
Highly expensive... NX100 - INR 14-15000 .
IHP- 5K-- Good sight adjustment. Using IHP35 since 4 years , Accurate gun.
Using NX-100 since 3 month , need to adjust sight after 100-150 pallet.
NX100 Brown Stock ;;;;; Poor finish .....
Another Stock/Butt (if require) - INR3500/-
I can but another IHP35 in 5K instead of spending replacement of Butt for 3500/-
Sandeep,

Could you post some pics of the chrome plating being rusted.

Technically that should not happen since they are selling this specially stating that it is rust proof and low maintenance.

About the attitude of precihole you are spot on.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
I agree the precihole guys do have loads of attitude never reply t email also I have recently purchased IHP 35 with scope grooves and it is really nice gun I got it for 7.2K with 500 wadcutter pellets and gun cover from Hemandas in Crawford Market Mumbai he allowed me to use NX100 and IHP 35 with the groove for scope fitment and truly I did not find any difference in recoil or accuracy I saved 5k as precihole was available for 12k!