NX 100 Precihole, problem in velocity

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
kiran2608
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: NX 100 Precihole, problem in velocity

Post by kiran2608 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:05 am

thunderbird1 wrote:Dear Basu
I own an NX 100 and its performance improved to initial state after re-lubing. Ofcourse, the drop was over 1500 shots and I didnt bother with lubrication as oil was seeping out from the trigger area for the first 200 shots and moreover when the velocity dropped I felt the gun became more tame and accurate... I re-lubed this as I collected around 8 empty deo cans from my friends and I wanted the pellet to penetrate it with a nice bang..
Yes, it's the same with my AR too. I noticed oil seeping from the trigger after 300 shots. But I dint notice any defect in performance and moreover it's getting more accurate and more smooth in cocking. Now my shooting has improved a little, that I can shoot a empty deo can 20 to 25 mts distance.

I still remember the pain of cocking in initial days.

@Bennedose, I completely agree with you that the age of this gas rams is too less in the market to get the exact review. But as far as I know about precihole, one of my friend's friend had the same issue as Satya. And that was .177 lbr.

Precihole, as usual took it back and replaced a new one in 5 days.

Let me take this opportunity to express my opinion too:-) it's just my own observation and I have no knowledge compared to you in AR.

I liked the comparison of your hatch gas ram with scorpious. But again, AR gas rams are meant to shoot. And hatch gas ram is just to hold the door. Maruthi obviously uses low quality because customer buys the car depending on the engine and driving comfort and not on the hatch gas ram unlike nitro piston gas ram.

So if AR gas ram looses the power after some 1000 or 2000, it's obvious that it's defective. Same as a defective
springer, breaking after few shots.

When a new spring is inserted, in to an AR, it requires some tuning to get the accuracy unlike a gas ram.

KD

For Advertising mail webmaster
brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:41 pm

kiran2608 wrote: I liked the comparison of your hatch gas ram with scorpious. But again, AR gas rams are meant to shoot. And hatch gas ram is just to hold the door. Maruthi obviously uses low quality because customer buys the car depending on the engine and driving comfort and not on the hatch gas ram unlike nitro piston gas ram.

So if AR gas ram looses the power after some 1000 or 2000, it's obvious that it's defective. Same as a defective
springer, breaking after few shots.

When a new spring is inserted, in to an AR, it requires some tuning to get the accuracy unlike a gas ram.
KD
> The comparison with automobile gas ram & air rifle gas ram at its best was a 'simile' .....while the concept is the same their end objectives are different.... so high or low quality is of no relevance & hence does not merit a comparison :oops:
> Every mechanical gadget has a certain quantum of efficiency related to the period of time its in operation....
> So if there is a loss of efficiency over a period of time - it needs servicing or in some case replacement of moving parts...
> This behavior in engineering terms is known as 'wear & tear'...
> Some Gas Rams may last a long time & some a longer period of time...This time span cannot be measured or guaranteed...
> So if there is a drop in efficiency in the air rifle's gas Ram - then worn seals / washers may have to replaced & may be the gas has to be refilled to appropriate pressures....
> Remember that Air Rifles are mechanical gadgets that need periodic maintenance...look after them well and they serve you with many days / months / years of pleasurable & accurate shooting...
> We all live & learn :D
Briha

binod yumnam
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by binod yumnam » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:57 pm

Guys do precihole has mountable rails?? I need to know coz some of my friends told me that it doesn't have.

Sent from my V9A using Tapatalk 2

kiran2608
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by kiran2608 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:38 pm

binod yumnam wrote:Guys do precihole has mountable rails?? I need to know coz some of my friends told me that it doesn't have.

Sent from my V9A using Tapatalk 2
Yes it does. I guess only precihole has among the indian manufacturers.

KD

arni_genius
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by arni_genius » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:28 am

Dear IFG-ians,

I have a new PH NX100. Recently I had noticed a slight freedom of movement b/w the breech block and chamber cylinder (causing the barrel to have some free-play). To correct this I opened the stock, unscrewed the hex grub screw and tightened the chamber screw that hinges the breech/barrel. That problem was solved. Now the new problem is, the 2 hex screws that hold the stock to the chamber (not the one behind the trigger) are not going in fully. I mean they become tight before they are seated completely. In order to seat them properly I tried using more force and now they have become rounded (and still not fully seated).
As a consequence there is a small gap b/w the cocking levers and the stock (allowing some freedom of movement and hence vibration). And as I try to cock the rifle it makes a 'tick' sound before it engages the sear (just as I begin cocking). The vibration is causing the rifle to rise slightly.

Following are the queries:
1. How do I get those worn out hex bolts out? (want to get them replaced by new ones)
2. What do I do to seat the new bolts firmly in the stock? (so that there is no gap b/w cocking lever and stock)
3. What is causing the 'tick' sound while cocking? (have I bent the cocking lever, I never cocked the rifle w/o the stock)
4. Will this be covered under warranty?

Please help.....thanks in advance

Regards,
Arnab Biswas.

Added in 4 minutes 51 seconds:
The rifle is new hence I am getting finicky and upset about all these issues. Do older ARs have these niggling issues and yet shoot fine or do I need to get it checked by an authorised dealer......

Sorry for the rant friends, you can understand what happens to men when they get obsessed with their toys.

maanbirsingh
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by maanbirsingh » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:11 am

Hi Arnab,
Since your rifle is new, you should get in touch with Precihole (call the phone number on their website), they are prompt and will direct you to a service center near to you.
I have had the NX100 for almost 3 years, but shoot it only for 2-3 weeks in an year (whenever I visit my hometowns), never had any issue barring the fact that the screw holding the stock to the rifle loosens up a bit after a couple of shots.
Happy shooting!

Regards,
Maanbir

arni_genius
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by arni_genius » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:25 am

Hi Maanbir,
I have bought the gun locally in Delhi and they are authorised dealers of PH.....so will have to pay them a visit. So you are suggesting that I do nothing from my side to be safe and within warranty.
But tell me opening the stock/tightening a few screws wont void warranty right? (anxious thoughts)
Do older PH rifles have star washers along with hex bolts? (just curious about your issue)

Regards,
Arnab

maanbirsingh
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by maanbirsingh » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:46 am

Hi Arnab,
I suggest you don’t do anything with your rifle, take it to the dealer and do call the Precihole folks as well and let them about your issue - it may something known to them..if I remember correctly the NX100 that I have has some kind of star washers and screw arrangement on each side of the stock, near the the grip.. the PCP is much simpler, just one Hex Nut to hold the stock to the rifle (if I recall correctly), but the PCP has no vibration. Disengaging the rifle from the stock should not void the warranty in my opinion.
If I may ask, where in Delhi did you get your rifle from? I’m from Delhi as well, unfortunately can’t see my rifle for reference as I’m out of the country..

Don’t worry too much about it, Precihole is a very fair manufacturer to deal with..

Regards,
Maanbir

arni_genius
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by arni_genius » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:17 am

Hi Maanbir,
Thanks a lot again sir :). I will definitely update this to Precihole. I am already in mail communication with them and you are right, they are very customer friendly manufacturers.
I got this rifle from Citizen Enterprises (WZ-3, Punjabi Market, Vishnu Garden)

Regards,
Arnab

arni_genius
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by arni_genius » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:14 pm

Hi Maanbir,
As advised, I sent PH a memo including relevant photos and videos to help them understand the issues. Awaiting reply, will update once they do

Regards,
Arnab

Added in 2 hours 39 minutes 11 seconds:
Hi All,
Recent update. Dr Shirshat called me up himself, and briefed me about the condition of my rifle from the videos I sent. He said that small freedom of movement is fine and will eventually happen with use. The only issue was the worn out hex bolts, for which I need a Torx bit and a bit of hammering and twisting. I also asked him whether dealers will be able to help me. His reply was pretty amusing. ('I don't think so, as even an Allen Key is a bit of wonder for them). He even offered to send me 2 hex bolts as a compliment. So I guess that closes the case.....phew!!

Regards,
Arnab

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:34 pm

Preciholes customer service is absolutely superb!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

maanbirsingh
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by maanbirsingh » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:11 am

arni_genius wrote:Hi Maanbir,
As advised, I sent PH a memo including relevant photos and videos to help them understand the issues. Awaiting reply, will update once they do

Regards,
Arnab

Added in 2 hours 39 minutes 11 seconds:
Hi All,
Recent update. Dr Shirshat called me up himself, and briefed me about the condition of my rifle from the videos I sent. He said that small freedom of movement is fine and will eventually happen with use. The only issue was the worn out hex bolts, for which I need a Torx bit and a bit of hammering and twisting. I also asked him whether dealers will be able to help me. His reply was pretty amusing. ('I don't think so, as even an Allen Key is a bit of wonder for them). He even offered to send me 2 hex bolts as a compliment. So I guess that closes the case.....phew!!

Regards,
Arnab
Great stuff.. Precihole is passionate about their products.. happy shooting :)

Regards,
Maanbir

riflemarksman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by riflemarksman » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:28 am

The IHP air rifles from the early 90 s were of much superior quality than today's prechihole rifles, wish Indian Hume Pipe could maintain the same quality and continue production......the precihole rifles are showing problems even when they are new, the only thing good about this company is the customer service...

arni_genius
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by arni_genius » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:54 pm

Happy shooting and good day to you too Maanbir.... :)

Regards,
Arnab

Rover solomon
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Rover solomon » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:46 am

Hi arni
Could you some images here to understand correctly

Rover