Should we import any scope for air rifle ?

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
AnandNair
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Should we import any scope for air rifle ?

Post by AnandNair » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:11 pm

ebenezer wrote:Looks great! Congrats Anand. How does the rifle shoot? Os the trigger smooth?
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Had done a full Lube tune including chamber and piston deburring and also a trigger tune. Shoots as smooth as any precihole can get. No grating noise, no vibration and a clean breaking trigger. I had also filled the stock with Pu rubber foam which has deadened the stock noise considerably.

Sorry Admins for what seems like a post Hijack :mrgreen:
Some learn by reading. A few by observation. The rest of 'em have to pee on the electric fence.

For Advertising mail webmaster
pradeep2374
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by pradeep2374 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:51 am

AnandNair wrote:About 2 weeks before this thread was made, i had tried to import a scope (UTG 30mm SWAT 3-12X44 F.S. IE Scope with AO Mil-dot, 36 Colors EZ-TAP) for my new Precihole Scorpious and was unsuccessful as neither Optics planet or PyramydAir was ready to ship. So i went ahead and ordered a "original" AR312X44 Air Rifle Scope from AliExpress. It arrived today, taking 14 days to reach me via Singapore Post Air Mail, including the 10 days taken by the Indian Foreign Post office to clear it.
The Package was clearly marked 'Rifle Scope' and the customs had opened the package and in the Duty Chalan had mentioned 'BSA Essential Rifle Scope' and charged Rs.1680/- as duty.
Why i am posting this is to clarify that a single Rifle scope import is not stopped. The customs decided that the scope cannot be used to beat any one to death and I am not a threat to national security.
As for the scope.. I am very happy, the 44mm Objective combined with the 43mm eyepiece makes the scope very bright and clear. Actually the optics is clearer than my Original Centerpoint 40mm scope even at the full 12x magnification. Fixed it on my Scorpious, took 6 rounds to zero, shot 50 pellets to check if the zero holds (it holds. will have to check after a few hundred more shots).
The Weaver rail and ring not part of the scope.
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
Hi Anand, How much does the UTG 30mm SWAT 3-12X44 F.S. IE Scope with AO Mil-dot, 36 Colors EZ-TAP cost? Kindly let me know, Thank you.

chinmay1986
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by chinmay1986 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:50 pm

Just found this site whi;e searching for air rifle related stuff on internet... has anyone used it before...
has got a lot of goodies..
https://www.cart2india.com/product/riff ... id=2004200

kesh1982
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by kesh1982 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:59 pm

Tried ordering a scope from cart2indja. They take the order but call you or send a mail saying they can't import it. While they list the scope and have a bunch of cool UTG scopes, they don't import any since its restricted. [emoji17]

chinmay1986
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by chinmay1986 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:45 pm

kesh1982 wrote:Tried ordering a scope from cart2indja. They take the order but call you or send a mail saying they can't import it. While they list the scope and have a bunch of cool UTG scopes, they don't import any since its restricted. [emoji17]
damn man...it's like the same story over n over agian...m starting to hate the gun laws here already...they r totally lopsided.... people buy these rifles n scopes by walking into the nearest walmart...it's literally like walking into a bigbazaar and buying a AR..(my dream that wud never be realised)... :cry:

No text-speak, please. - Mod

kesh1982
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by kesh1982 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:44 pm

@Chinmay1986 There is hope buddy. The times will change. Try dealextreme. They have a few scopes and some people I know have imported some. But they aren't original. Will work decently well. But will have some teething issues.

chinmay1986
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by chinmay1986 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:42 am

@kesh : thanks bro will check it out, a few members mentioned aliexpress as well...would check that one too...

dipen
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by dipen » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:10 am

@AnandNair can you please tell me about the scope rail/mount that you have attached to your NX100 Scorpious? I'm also looking for a similar mount for my Scorpious but couldn't find any.

Thanks.

broadway
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by broadway » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:18 pm

I ordered a 4x20 scope from aliexpress.

aliexpress . com /item/New-4x20-Air-Rifle-Telescopic-Scope-Sights-Mounts-Hunting-Sniper-Scope-freeshipping-bny/1076774419.html

Comes to about rs 320

2 days after placing the order, I now suspect that it won't be able to handle the kickback of a 35 spring rifle. Lets see when it arrives. If I find it poor, I'll put it up for sale on olx.

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:18 pm

I have one 4x20 mm fitted on my National 25.
Clarity is far less than 3-7x40mm.
But it is doing nice job till 25 yds.
I find it much better in comparison with open sight.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:22 pm

broadway wrote:I now suspect that it won't be able to handle the kickback of a 35 spring rifle. If I find it poor, I'll put it up for sale on olx.
Mine could not hold Center. The bigger scopes I have stay put. A friends 4X20 scope burst.
If the scope you get is good, great!!! If its bad, just keep it. Don't sell it. Nothing worse than cheating a trusting soul.

BD

Added in 4 minutes 52 seconds:
Btw the Gamo 3- 12 x 50 in Aliexpress is very good. Got one from then. Worth the price....... but not the wait :evil:
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

nitroex700
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by nitroex700 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:02 am

Big Daddy wrote: Btw the Gamo 3- 12 x 50 in Aliexpress is very good. Got one from then. Worth the price....... but not the wait :evil:
How long have you had it - on which gun? I would like to put it on a hard recoiling springer.
How many shots have you shot through it?
Is it still on the site?
How much did it cost you, price + duty?
How long did it take to reach?

Anxiously awaiting response,
Regards.

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:07 pm

nitroex700 wrote:
Big Daddy wrote: Btw the Gamo 3- 12 x 50 in Aliexpress is very good. Got one from then. Worth the price....... but not the wait :evil:
How long have you had it - on which gun? I would like to put it on a hard recoiling springer.
Is it still on the site?

Regards.
Lol..... You sound like a lawyer.
Have it for more than a year, mounted on a RWS 34 P, about a 500 to 600 shots (with this particular scope), holds site well, cost about $50 (3-12x50 AO), no duty was charged, takes about 30 to 40 days.
Hope i've answered all your questions. :)

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

nitroex700
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by nitroex700 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:51 pm

Big Daddy wrote:
nitroex700 wrote:
Is it still on the site?

Regards.
Lol..... You sound like a lawyer.
Have it for more than a year, mounted on a RWS 34 P, about a 500 to 600 shots (with this particular scope), holds site well, cost about $50 (3-12x50 AO), no duty was charged, takes about 30 to 40 days.
Hope i've answered all your questions. :)

BD
Thanks a ton for the info.. Much appreciated! :)

I've heard that customs guys show extreme prejudice (/greed) towards scopes etc. How come AliExpress stuff sneaks through when the rest gets doesn't? Just wandering.. Did the seller label it as something else? I hope customs is still lenient as before with Chinese products.. I don't mind the wait as long as customs doesn't grab my scope! :mrgreen:

broadway
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by broadway » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:44 pm

Big Daddy wrote:Mine could not hold Center. The bigger scopes I have stay put. A friends 4X20 scope burst.
In the reviews page of the given url, someone was facing focusing issues with his and after disassembly, found that the elements were hard glued to the case.

I'll test it when it arrives and if i feel the internals "wobbly", will use fevi quick to hold them in place permanently.