Only one Airgun!

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Lenny
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Only one Airgun!

Post by Lenny » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:51 am

Talking abt switching barrels
will a IHP35 .22 barrel fit into a Diana35 .22
assuming the machinery is the same and design
excepting the washers

For Advertising mail webmaster
shahid

Post by shahid » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:57 pm

I don't think so. THe dimensions are quite different. Diana 35 today is of a different dimension than Diana 35s from earlier decades. THis is the 3rd or 4th generation now I reckon. The new Diana 35 comes with a safety catch.

IHP rifles were modelled on an earlier model Diana, and even then there are changes in positions of locks, washers, rivets, hinge and the sundry.

What is most prominent is the height of the breech where the pellet is chambered. This might be quite different from the present Diana 35.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:59 pm

Dont think I will want to scope it as it will reduce reticles to pieces! Unless ofcourse they are glass etched!
Will post as she settles in!

Until then...
[/quote]

I think if you invest in a quality scope or try out a tech force springer rated scope you should be fine. Remove just the stock and try lubing the spring a little, can you get your hands on some spring tar made by James Maccari? That will help a little or maybe getting a Maccari kit for it. Switching barrels isn't that difficult just shoot the rifle for a while and you'll know which screws to take off. The .22 may be better suited to the innards.

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

Hunter
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Hunter » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:11 pm

Hi Dev,

with regards to the Macarri stuff and the springer rated scope, can they be sourced through the internet? I have no other way of obtaining the same.
The barrel switching,yes I used to do the same with my Diana 35( now sold) and the .22 did shoot sweeter !

Take care!

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:55 am

Guys, I'm back in business with this beauty... Weihrauch HW-77K
Here she is (or is it a he !) :D

GasramGandu
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by GasramGandu » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:59 am

Excellent buy!

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:29 pm

Most definitely a "she" and a gorgeous one at that! :D Congratulations buddy! This Sunday at Shri Fort? Put the lady through her paces... what say? ;)

Dev/ Asif/ Sanjay - Now that "darling-in-chief" has his beauty in hand, how about an IFG Delhi competition this weekend?

Cheers!
Abhijeet

P.S. - Rusty, will the Meisterkugelns be too light to use in this rifle?
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:47 pm

Nice buy, Anupam..

.177 or .22?

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:21 pm

Rusty, will the Meisterkugelns be too light to use in this rifle?
Yes, so don't over do it and I would not take a chance using the scope with those pellets. H&N Field Target Trophy, H&N Baracuda Match, JSB Exacts would probably be more suitable. Also keep the underlever in place with a small rubber band until you can get the underlever catch assembly installed.
Nice buy, Anupam... .177 or .22?
Inder, it used to belong to Akshay.

Mack The Knife

Hunter
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Hunter » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:52 pm

Congrats Anupam...thats is one fine air-rifle!

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:20 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="25946 wrote:
Nice buy, Anupam... .177 or .22?
Inder, it used to belong to Akshay.

Mack The Knife
Oh..

Anupam, You have a piece of History :D . This rifle was used in first ever HFT in INDIA..

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthr ... =HFT+India

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:48 pm

Hey thanks guys !! Yes, its a .177 cal.

I too am grateful to many for this day. First it's Abhijeet for his inspiration and 'kick' to make me say yes and be bold to get this gun. Ofcourse, he saved his own TX200 otherwise I might have run off with it.. :evil:
Mack The Knife, for his guidance and efforts in checking and OKaying the gun and arranging for the finer aspects of the monetary kind. He was my eyes and ears for this deal and I paid up purely on my trust for him !
Sanjay and the good Doc, Asif for making it possible for me to hold the gun in my hands here..... carrying it by air from Bangalore...
THANK YOU ALL... YOU ARE INDEED WONDERFUL PEOPLE AND I AM PROUD TO HAVE FRIENDS LIKE YOU !!!!!

I already have a .22 which needs some surgery in its sights...due to old age... but virality is super as ever... :lol:

OK, Delhi Darlings, I'm ready whenever, wherever... 'she' too is ready to be kissed...save for a visit to the good Doc for a final examination of optics...

Inder, thanks for the history part... feels good to have something that has proven itself...

I've just blown the shit out of some small pieces of toys that weren't willing to get thrown out of the house otherwise... I am amazed by its power... AND NO RECOIL virtually... the trigger is like butter...

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:00 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="25946 wrote:
Rusty, will the Meisterkugelns be too light to use in this rifle?
Yes, so don't over do it and I would not take a chance using the scope with those pellets. H&N Field Target Trophy, H&N Baracuda Match, JSB Exacts would probably be more suitable. Also keep the underlever in place with a small rubber band until you can get the underlever catch assembly installed.
Mack The Knife
Hmm... The only other .177 cal pellets I have are a few left over RWS Hobby, but those are light weights as well... G Smith's are available at the Shri Fort range though... we could try those....

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:09 pm

No probs Anupam,

I've shot this rifle and yes its a pretty accurate piece and Akshay maintained it well

Congrats once again and its feel good to see people joining Airgunning.. who knows one day we might actually have real HFT matches here. :D

-Inder

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:15 pm

G Smith's are available at the Shri Fort range though... we could try those....
If it was me, I'd pack up the rifle until I could get the appropriate pellets.

Mack The Knife