Precihole air rifles trigger tuning

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
pratik_mahale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Precihole air rifles trigger tuning

Post by pratik_mahale » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:00 am

After upgrading my Pegasus with Nitro Piston I was not happy with the trigger I thought it will be ok after few hundred shot but still it was very heavy so I decided to tune the trigger myself as this trigger is base on Theoben evolution trigger got some info form Google about it
I polished the contact points of sear & top part trigger using 320 to 2000 grit sand paper( part details is in SX100 Series Spare List.pdf file which can be downloaded from Precihole Sports site)
Also polished the holes of the sear & top part trigger
Removed less than 0.5 mm material from the sear contact point with piston & polished it
As Theoben recommends not using any grease in trigger unit I done the same thing
After installing trigger parts on third attempt I done the perfect trigger setting now the trigger have very smooth first stage & a perfect predictable second stage I think around 1.5 lb
Just see the grouping at 25 yards its shows what trigger tuning can do to your accuracy
Grouping At 25 Yards.jpg
I got 0.65 “group with Air Arms Diabolo field 8.4 grain & second group is with Master Shot yellow box pellets 1.25” before tuning I use to get more than 2 “group with MS
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Precihole air rifles trigger tuning

Post by GNV » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:35 am

Nice effort and nice grouping.

pratik_mahale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pratik_mahale » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:07 am

Thanks GNV

Just for the reference posting trigger diagram Photo
Trigger.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

thunderbird1
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by thunderbird1 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:21 pm

Does this affect the factory warranty of this rifle?

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:25 pm

pratik_mahale wrote: I polished the contact points of sear & top part trigger using 320 to 2000 grit sand paper( part details is in SX100 Series Spare List.pdf file which can be downloaded from Precihole Sports site)
Also polished the holes of the sear & top part trigger - Removed less than 0.5 mm material from the sear contact point with piston & polished it
As Theoben recommends not using any grease in trigger unit I done the same thing
After installing trigger parts on third attempt I done the perfect trigger setting now the trigger have very smooth first stage & a perfect predictable second stage I think around 1.5 lb
Just see the grouping at 25 yards its shows what trigger tuning can do to your accuracy
Grouping At 25 Yards.jpg
I got 0.65 “group with Air Arms Diabolo field 8.4 grain & second group is with Master Shot yellow box pellets 1.25” before tuning I use to get more than 2 “group with MS
Hi Pratik,
> Great going :D
> 0.65 “group with Air Arms Diabolo field 8.4 grain...
> Excellent grouping - reflects on the quality of Air Arms pellets....
Briha

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:10 pm

Excellent!!!
Air Arm Diabolo played the trick !!!

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

AnandNair
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by AnandNair » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:28 pm

I did the same immediately after i found the trigger to have a veryyyy long second stage. I had polished the sear and the contact location with top part of trigger. did not open the trigger blade as i thought the small spring just below the trigger would be difficult to put back. However i had used Brichwood casey Moily dry lube spray. it is a dry film lube.

Though the trigger is a lot better now, do u think i should remove the grease???
Some learn by reading. A few by observation. The rest of 'em have to pee on the electric fence.

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:46 pm

Did you guys try working on the screw in the front of the trigger shoe ? It's meant to ease (the play for) the second stage, right ? I had put in a drop of machine oil in lieu of grease. Think it's OK ? I mean, no bad effects observed yet.

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:56 pm

It seems Precihole trigger is also subjected to tuning ?

Basu

pratik_mahale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pratik_mahale » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:59 pm

thunderbird1 wrote:Does this affect the factory warranty of this rifle?
No idea about it anyway my rifle is already out of warranty
AnandNair wrote:I did the same immediately after i found the trigger to have a veryyyy long second stage. I had polished the sear and the contact location with top part of trigger. did not open the trigger blade as i thought the small spring just below the trigger would be difficult to put back. However i had used Brichwood casey Moily dry lube spray. it is a dry film lube.

Though the trigger is a lot better now, do u think i should remove the grease???
Yes re-installing trigger is not an easy job

U can try removing grease mine is working perfectly without grease

pratik_mahale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pratik_mahale » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:32 pm

Basu wrote:It seems Precihole trigger is also subjected to tuning ?

Basu
Yes Basu not only trigger u can tune whole Precihole AR to shoot smoothly but can’t increase the power

Now I am totally satisfied with my Nitro Piston Pegasus for accuracy, smoothness & power
Only concern is pellets as my AR not grouping well with MS pellets which are cheaper to use for daily practice

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:18 am

pratik_mahale wrote:Thanks GNV

Trigger.jpg
Dear Pratik,
Thanks a Ton for posting the Trigger Assembly Diagram. :D . Even though the exploded parts view diagram is available on Precihole Sports website for download, it only gives a general idea of which part of the trigger assembly goes where and is not as clear as your diagram. BTW how did you manage to get it?. I think since you are from Mumbai, you visited their factory and took a photograph of their drawings. Even though the PH range of air guns are the BEST Indian made air guns, and the company's customer care is great as they listen to their customer's requests and do what they can to satisfy them, I posted some of my opinions about their guns regarding the barrel droop and the not so perfect/satisfactory performance of the triggers in the two ORIONS I own which were purchased from aimco.co.in. in one of my very recent posts in this forum. Even though I have those guns for more than a year I had not tried to see their full potential beyond using them for occasional plinking for one or other reason. While I could not do any thing to correct the barrel drooping problem. now I could try to fine tune the trigger performance because of the trigger assembly drawing you were so kind enough to share with us. Thanks a ton once again.
regards,
GNV.

pratik_mahale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pratik_mahale » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:39 am

GNV wrote:
pratik_mahale wrote:Thanks GNV

Trigger.jpg
Dear Pratik,
Thanks a Ton for posting the Trigger Assembly Diagram. :D . Even though the exploded parts view diagram is available on Precihole Sports website for download, it only gives a general idea of which part of the trigger assembly goes where and is not as clear as your diagram. BTW how did you manage to get it?. I think since you are from Mumbai, you visited their factory and took a photograph of their drawings. Even though the PH range of air guns are the BEST Indian made air guns, and the company's customer care is great as they listen to their customer's requests and do what they can to satisfy them, I posted some of my opinions about their guns regarding the barrel droop and the not so perfect/satisfactory performance of the triggers in the two ORIONS I own which were purchased from aimco.co.in. in one of my very recent posts in this forum. Even though I have those guns for more than a year I had not tried to see their full potential beyond using them for occasional plinking for one or other reason. While I could not do any thing to correct the barrel drooping problem. now I could try to fine tune the trigger performance because of the trigger assembly drawing you were so kind enough to share with us. Thanks a ton once again.
regards,
GNV.

We are here to share the knowledge

It will be easy to re-install the trigger if you remove the spring & piston from your AR

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:17 am

Dear Pratik,
You definitely helped many Precihole owners who want to experience even more smooth and accurate shooting.
Thanks.

Basu

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:30 am

pratik_mahale wrote: We are here to share the knowledge
It will be easy to re-install the trigger if you remove the spring & piston from your AR
> Well said Pratik :clap:
> Guys - Remember one thing about 2 stage triggers....
1. Each one has his / her personal preference with regard to the pull pressure....
2. The length of pull (travel / lead) between 1st stage & 2nd stage can vary ....
3. Some prefer a longer 1st stage while others prefer this in the 2nd stage....
4. Ideally the 2nd stage should be short & crisp...this requires a high sensitivity interface between mind & physical activation..
> In a nut shell - trigger tuning is a highly personalized issue...as the adjustments are micro-metric....
> Only practice can make it perfect...
> Good Luck!
Briha