First Air Rifle

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Shrikar Sawant
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: First Air Rifle

Post by Shrikar Sawant » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:46 am

Please somebody tell me which percihole air rifles have automatic safety?
Thank you! 8)

For Advertising mail webmaster
huszaidi
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by huszaidi » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:05 pm

I believe all of them have got saftey lock. How reliable is it going to be after use" remain question. BUt air gun is excellent. Especially karbin version

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:42 pm

Shrikar Sawant wrote:Please somebody tell me which percihole air rifles have automatic safety?
Thank you! 8)
Pegasus does; at least mine does. :-) Email or Call them up and check with their CR - best way to get most reliable information. However, if you plan to use in range environment, Club with its less velocity and equal accuracy will suit better. BTW, PH site also gives performance charts and graphs for various products. Good luck. Practice safe shooting. :cheers:

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:36 am

All Precihole air rifles have automatic safeties as standard feature and they work perfectly well. To the best of my knowledge only air guns marketed by AIMCO come only with manual safeties and they have their own reasons to prefer manual safeties.

Shrikar Sawant
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Shrikar Sawant » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:26 am

Thanks to all

Shrikar Sawant
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Shrikar Sawant » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:32 am

[quote . To the best of my knowledge only air guns marketed by AIMCO come only with manual safeties and they have their own reasons to prefer manual safeties. [/quote]

Thi is going to create a problem. I was planning to buy it from AIMCO but I think I will have to change my mind. And by the thank you for your valuable information!!!!!!

Shrikar Sawant
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Shrikar Sawant » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:22 pm

Anyone on IFG related to Aimco!!!!
Please I need your help to get an automatic safety percihole!!!
Thank you!!

bennedose
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by bennedose » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:21 am

Shrikar Sawant wrote:Please somebody tell me which percihole air rifles have automatic safety?
Thank you! 8)
No Indian air rifle that I know about has "automatic safety".. At least among springers.

Precihole (I have an Orion) has a safety catch that needs to be engaged manually after cocking.

The only air rifle that I have used with an automatic saftey was a Wehrauch HW 35 in which the safety catch came on automatically as soon as the rifle was cocked. Shooting could only be done by releasing the catch - which was sitiatted in a beautifull ergonomic place (near right thumb for right handed shooters) that did not affect balance or aim while shooting.

pratik_mahale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pratik_mahale » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:27 am

bennedose wrote:
Thank you! 8)
No Indian air rifle that I know about has "automatic safety".. At least among springers.

Precihole (I have an Orion) has a safety catch that needs to be engaged manually after cocking.

The only air rifle that I have used with an automatic saftey was a Wehrauch HW 35 in which the safety catch came on automatically as soon as the rifle was cocked. Shooting could only be done by releasing the catch - which was sitiatted in a beautifull ergonomic place (near right thumb for right handed shooters) that did not affect balance or aim while shooting.
Precihole air rifle have automatic safety

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:21 pm

Thank you! 8)
Hi there!
Automatic Safety & Anti Bear-Trap Mechanism
1.All PRECIHOLE air rifles are equipped with automatic safety and anti-bear-trap mechanism which means that the “Automatic Safety” sets the safety to “ON” automatically during cocking of the air rifle.
2.Anti- bear-trap mechanism prevents the safety button being put to “OFF” position when the barrel is broken.
3.Automatic safety & anti bear-trap mechanism together prevents accidental pull of the trigger when the air rifle is cocked, so preventing undesirable discharging which may cause damage.

Anti-bear trap mechanism is a safe method of loading a rifle, in that the chance of the air gun going off accidentally while loading the pellet is prevented.
However human nature being what it is, invariably you will find people who handle air-guns in a more casual manner could seriously injure themselves by having their thumb or finger crushed.

Please understand that "Automatic Safety" is an absolute necessity in Air Rifles...
Manual Safety is outdated .... Any oversight by not engaging it can cause serious injury to the shooter....

Play safe & enjoy your shooting :D
Briha
Last edited by brihacharan on Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:44 pm

No safety, automatic or otherwise, will be of any use in the absence of knowledge of gun safety rules and shooter exercising his/her common sense.

It would be plain stupid to rely on the guns safety features if one lacks the training on safe use of the air rifle.

M.
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

bennedose
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by bennedose » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:37 pm

Interesting. I thought automatic safety was to prevent accidental discharge of loaded rifle after cocking, loading and closing the breech. My Orion can be fired by pulling the trigger deliberately or accidentally as soon as it is loaded and the barrel closed. I don't have to touch the safety catch, which can only be engaged manually after cocking by pulling it back.

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:10 pm

All of them.
What will you use the air rifle for ?

M.
Thank you! 8)
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

kiran2608
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by kiran2608 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:56 pm

huszaidi wrote:I believe all of them have got saftey lock. How reliable is it going to be after use" remain question. BUt air gun is excellent. Especially karbin version

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hi Huszaidi,

Since you mentioned particularly about karbin, would you be kind enough to clarify my doubts:-)

As karbin is short barrel,

1) how about the velocity, accuracy and range ? Is it as good as the normal one?

2) I could find the sights mounted in karbin. So is it possible to mount the sights? ( I don't prefer scope at all)

3) is this karbin version is Nile specific to .22? Is it also available in .177?

Hope the questions do not sound too stupid:-)

Actually I am in love with this karbin by looks. But I just want the proper reviews on this.

Please suggest:-)

Regards,

KD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kumarnishith
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Kumarnishith » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:06 pm

My friend had bought one Precihole NX100 Scorpius from Aimco ...it has got MANUAL SAFETY...

-Nishith