purchasing walther ppk air pistol on amazon.com

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
rvn_venky
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

purchasing walther ppk air pistol on amazon.com

Post by rvn_venky » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:06 am

HI All,

Wanted to know whether I can directly make a online purchase for walther ppk air pistol as available on amazon.com and have it shipped to my residence in hyd'bad...

It's my understanding that for using air guns/pistols...licence is not reqd. Pl correct me if wrong.

Does the same apply for importing it too.
Costs around usd 60 and looks exactly like the bond gun. :)

btw could any air gun shop in hyd'bad also be selling equivalent product. Checked on the net for airgun shops in hyd'bad but couldnt find much. Any pointers wud be appreciated.

Thanks
Rahul

For Advertising mail webmaster
GasramGandu
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by GasramGandu » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:45 pm

Hi Rahul

I doubt that Amazon will ship the product to India. It is a restricted item according to them.

GG

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:48 pm

You don't need a license but this pistol is not powerful or very accurate. It is fun to shoot because of the blowback action. But you can get more powerful Crosman blow back pistols that shoot pellets.

Sixty to eighty dollars is the normal price for this pistol, so maybe you've got a deal. ;-)

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

sitar
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: purchasing walther ppk air pistol on amazon.com

Post by sitar » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:48 am

i tried amazon once but they refused to send it to india.
:wink:

shahid

Post by shahid » Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:24 pm

I can second that. Its an original Walther because Umarex is owned by Walther. Walther list this BB, 4.5 mm / .177 as a Walther PPK PPK/S calibre besides .22 LR, 32 ACP, 9 mm and .38 ACP.

Fun to shoot, no doubt but not very accurate. With its iron sights you simply cannot hold good tight groups. I tried with Laser, slightly better results, but because of the design of its trigger guard, little adjustments of elevation possible and to open the action and spring, you have to pull the trigger guard down, this would mean dismantling the laser sight every time. Not very practical.