benjamin discovery .177

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Morotsung Longchar
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

benjamin discovery .177

Post by Morotsung Longchar » Mon May 20, 2013 6:47 pm

Finally my Benjamin Discovery .177 has arrived. first thing that surprised me was the weight . the gun is incredibly light. weighs around 2.4 kgs only. the stock is a nice wood finish and really looks great. but the greatest thing about this gun is its accuracy. u can shoot in the same hole from around 20 yards and thats amazing. i previously owned two indian made break barrel rifles and the difference in accuracy and shooting ease is out of this world...lol. the discovery is also quite powerful. it shoots right through 16mm plywood. the recoil is non existent in this gun and it greatly helps in the accuracy department. the feel and balance of the gun, overall is really nice. definitely a great gun to start off your PCP air rifle experience. the only problem is the loading of pellets. the breech is really small and its a tough job loading pellets especially if u have big fingers. another disadvantage is that the gun is fairly loud and may disturb your peace loving neighbours.the trigger is also nice and the trigger pull is rather light. all in all i would recommend this rifle to people interested in joining the PCP air rifle community.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Morotsung Longchar on Fri May 24, 2013 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Re: benjamin discovery .177

Post by Olly » Wed May 22, 2013 12:46 pm

I've owned this gun too... and I also have a very positive opinion about its accuracy and performance ! Mine was tweaked by Tim of Mac1, though !

crazyphilo
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by crazyphilo » Wed May 22, 2013 3:06 pm

Morotsung Longchar wrote:Finally my Benjamin Discovery .177 has arrived. first thing that surprised me was the weight . the gun is incredibly light. weighs around 2.4 kgs only. the stock is a nice wood finish and really looks great. but the greatest thing about this gun is its accuracy. u can shoot in the same hole from around 20 yards and thats amazing. i previously owned two indian made break barrel rifles and the difference in accuracy and shooting ease is out of this world...lol. the discovery is also quite powerful. it shoots right through 16mm plywood. the recoil is non existent in this gun and it greatly helps in the accuracy department. the feel and balance of the gun, overall is really nice. definitely a great gun to start off your PCP air rifle experience. the only problem is the loading of pellets. the breech is really small and its a tough job loading pellets especially if u have big fingers. another disadvantage is that the gun is fairly loud and may disturb your peace loving neighbours.the trigger is also nice and the trigger pull is rather light. all in all i would recommend this rifle to people interested in joining the PCP air rifle community.
Congrats on your acquisition ! Do post some pics .

Is this an India made gun or did you import same ?

Morotsung Longchar
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Morotsung Longchar » Thu May 23, 2013 4:29 pm

@ crazyphilo... its from the USA and i imported it.

Kumarnishith
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Kumarnishith » Fri May 24, 2013 12:06 am

Hi..

Congratulations on your purchase.... :cheers: ...How are you filling up your discovery? Did you bought it along with the pump? However I guess Relishsports has not listed Discovery Airgun+Pump combo...I had contacted Them regarding this, they told me that the pump that is being provided with Benjamin Discovery has some technical issues at least in India..may be because of moisture etc...They advised me to buy a hill pump instead...But alas so many issues right now :? Yet to get hold of a rifle club membership :roll: Do post some snaps!

-Nishith

Morotsung Longchar
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Morotsung Longchar » Fri May 24, 2013 10:37 am

@ Kumarnishith thanks.... i am using benjamin pump that comes along with the gun. i believe its quite nice and will do its job. i dont shoot everyday and i believe the pump will suffice for my weekly shootin. nywys it also depends on the climate i believe. its really hot and humid in certain parts in india and it does affect the working of the pump. plus i believe the pump comes with a warranty of only around 90 days. but luckily for me the weather here in Nagaland is pleasant and very less humidity. but i believe the benjamin pump will suffice if you are not an everyday shooter.the hill pump costs around the 20k and for me its a lil bit on the expensive side. infact it costs more than my benjamin discovery... lol ..... plus here are a few pics of my benjamin discovery

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Fri May 24, 2013 1:25 pm

benjamin pump is average.please use a better pump like fx or hill

Kumarnishith
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Kumarnishith » Fri May 24, 2013 1:33 pm

Checked out the pics. :cpix: ..really a nice airgun.. :cheers: I have heard that its a bit loud but that shouldn't be of much concern I guess...What's the spec of the scope mounted on the Discovery? How many shots are you getting per fill? You must have tried a variety of pellets by now...Which pellet in your opinion works best in this airgun?
Also, if you don't mind can you mention the total cost (Airgun+pump+scope+mount+shipping etc) incurred by you in getting hold of this beauty..Do try to do a review...grouping at various range with different pellets, handling etc if possible...It will be great for all PCP enthusiasts like me!!

-Nishith

adilmaroof
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by adilmaroof » Sat May 25, 2013 12:07 am

Many people are not satisfied wid the quality of benjamin now a days.
It is okay for me to have everything i want.....

Kumarnishith
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Kumarnishith » Sat May 25, 2013 1:49 am

adilmaroof wrote:Many people are not satisfied wid the quality of benjamin now a days.

Many people are not satisfied with the quality of Indian made Airguns also...But what are the other option available for these people? (At the same price) Benjamin Discovery is an entry level PCP Airgun and I guess no other pcp+pump combo boast of such attractive MRP...Any other alternative is at least Rs 15000-20000 costlier than Discovery...I agree I haven't ever touched Discovery in my life...But going by Internet reviews it seems a pretty decent and value for money entry level PCP...I guess you must be having first hand knowledge of handling this airgun, so please shed some light on quality issues.

-Nishith

adilmaroof
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by adilmaroof » Sat May 25, 2013 2:07 am

My friend turned/screwed the power adjuster fully for his brand new disco….and what happened is that the bolt was stuck! inspite of completely removing the power adjuster, it was totally jammed.
It is okay for me to have everything i want.....

MauserTypeC
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by MauserTypeC » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:19 pm

hi can you tell me the total cost of the benji disco and if you ordered it with the pump and so the combo of rifle and pump price

Ganesh TT
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ganesh TT » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:39 pm

Congrats ML...

Enjoy the good thing in this Rifle and share some more pics of this beauty...
Thanks

GANESH TT

pradeep2374
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by pradeep2374 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:40 pm

Morotsung Longchar wrote:Finally my Benjamin Discovery .177 has arrived. first thing that surprised me was the weight . the gun is incredibly light. weighs around 2.4 kgs only. the stock is a nice wood finish and really looks great. but the greatest thing about this gun is its accuracy. u can shoot in the same hole from around 20 yards and thats amazing. i previously owned two indian made break barrel rifles and the difference in accuracy and shooting ease is out of this world...lol. the discovery is also quite powerful. it shoots right through 16mm plywood. the recoil is non existent in this gun and it greatly helps in the accuracy department. the feel and balance of the gun, overall is really nice. definitely a great gun to start off your PCP air rifle experience. the only problem is the loading of pellets. the breech is really small and its a tough job loading pellets especially if u have big fingers. another disadvantage is that the gun is fairly loud and may disturb your peace loving neighbours.the trigger is also nice and the trigger pull is rather light. all in all i would recommend this rifle to people interested in joining the PCP air rifle community.

Hi Morotsun Longchar, which pellets perform best with Benji Disco??

Morotsung Longchar
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Morotsung Longchar » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:57 pm

The Benjamin discovery is not at all fussy about pellets... they shoot with accuracy any decent pellet.. bt out of many i ve found that the crosman premiere is very accurate. even g smith domed pellets are pretty accurate. I ve even tried the new precihole pellets and i ve foud them quite accurate except for one or two fliers...