Recharging your air gun cylinders

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
bishu57
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Recharging your air gun cylinders

Post by bishu57 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:43 pm

Going thru the forum had seen multiple queries / posts regarding recharging / refilling of air gun cylinders (Pistol / RIfles)

For mumbai have figured out my own solution and thought of sharing (those who already have the information, please bear with me :) )

There are two locations widely used for the same - Navi Mumbai and Reay Road.
I went to Mr Thomas on Reay Road, he seemed better informed and clear on the phone when i spoke to him hence went to him

1. You have to invest in a cylinder - these are not new but used ones in very good condition - Price 3000/- for a 200 bar cylinder and 3500/- for a 3000 bar cylinder

2. Refill for the 200 bar - 350 Rs and for the 300 bar - 550 Rs

3. Mr Thomas is very particular and emphasised that the cylinders be "Dry Air" filled and has the compressor to do the same - Moisture being the bane for the internals of the AP / AR. (In case you are going to some other shop - please cross check the same)

4. Check that the knob rotates easily - I got to choose from 3 available cylinders - one has a vertical knob (placed on top of the cylinder) the other 2 had the knob on the side - between the two one had knob that was "sticky" not smooth to turn hence took the other one.

5. Carry the adapter for your AP with you for testing the fit and snugness of the seal

6. Cylinders to be stored in a cool dry place - laid flat on the ground and not standing up. (Away and inaccessible to children)

Thats my latest learnings :-). If you are serious about your shooting IMO it makes sense to make this experiment and not be at the mercy of chance & Murphys

regards

Bishu57

For Advertising mail webmaster
kdbanan
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Recharging your air gun cylinders

Post by kdbanan » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:02 pm

Can you please provide the phone numbers for these shops. Also if anyone can give any information about such old cylinders being sold in and around Delhi.
The path of t righteous man is beset on all sides by t inequities of t selfish & t tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in t name of charity, shepherds t weak through t valley of t darkness. For he's truly his brother's keeper & the finder of lost children & I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance & furious anger those who attempt to poison & destroy my brothers.

plinkster
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by plinkster » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:35 am

bishu57 wrote: I went to Mr Thomas on Reay Road, he seemed better informed and clear on the phone when i spoke to him hence went to him
I would be grateful if you could provide the address and the person's phone number.

Thanks

plinkster
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by plinkster » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:41 pm

bishu57 wrote:..
Could you please send me the details about the Mr. Thomas you talked about. Numbers also would be welcome. Thanks in anticipation.

Regards,
Plinkster

bishu57
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by bishu57 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:33 am

Hi Plinkster, apologies for such a delayed response- was travelling hence.
you have got a PM from me with the details. Do let me know if you need any other help on the same

plinkster
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by plinkster » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:57 pm

bishu57 wrote:Hi Plinkster, apologies for such a delayed response- was travelling hence.
you have got a PM from me with the details. Do let me know if you need any other help on the same
Hey Bishu,
Thanks a ton for this. Really appreciate it.
I have made a few custom adapters and hoses. If you ever need any help on this front, feel free to let me know. Will be glad to help!

Regards,
Plinkster

SAMINDIA
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by SAMINDIA » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:35 pm

Greeting,
This is Samir Patel from Mumbai, Life member MRA.

Need contact details of Mr. Thomas for said PCP Cylinder.

Thanks in advance.

Trajeev
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Trajeev » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:20 pm

The posts are very old. Bishu57 avoided posting the details. I don't have contact details of Mr.Thomas,but have another person in Reay Road where I got my SCBA tank tested last year & get it filled to 300 BAR. I will post the Name & Address if the moderators approve.

bishu57
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by bishu57 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:02 pm

Hi Samir / Trajeev. I haven't recently been in touch with Mr. Thomas. However he can be reached on 098206 39371. Hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro