SDB Air rifles

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Re: SDB Air rifles

Post by Basu » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:46 pm

You see , SDB junior model is of 1.5 kgs and 23 is of 1.9kgs....
cost is less than half of GenNex.....
But the issue is as the baby grows she/he has more expectations.....
Both above guns are meant for fun.....I recommend Junior than others.....

As far as your up gradation is concerned , for solid power , accuracy and beauty ......there is Artemis.. :D :D :D

Basu

BTW ...where do you stay ?
Not all those wander , are lost...............

For Advertising mail webmaster
GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:16 pm

Junior is a smooth bore.

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:17 am

True...junior has smooth bore , so is 23.

Basu

prashantjha19
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by prashantjha19 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:01 pm

Thank you, Basu Da.....I am currently based out of Patna :( (wonder if its any good a place for enthusiasts like us, what with barely one old and somewhat reliable store dealing with good brands like SDB. I was surprised to learn that some others I strolled into did not even recognize the brand name -that is the level of ignorance we are having to deal with, you see! :roll: ).
and thank you dear GNV for chipping in.

Could we have got into a confusion (in particular regarding the specific Youth model ARs we were discussing) on this thread somewhere down the line?? It seems so to me that is why this query....

The two specific Youth SDB models I had mentioned my interest in are Model 25 and Model 27. These are not really the junior models that we somehow seem to have got pulled into. And my interest in these two kicked in from the close look and detailed inspection I got to do of these at a local store here. The more I see these, the more I am falling in love. Good quality stock and overall finish matching with the likes of Mod 65; Superbly chiseled barrels (although 16 inches only, I guess); synthetic breech seal (must be of a new lot, I guess....the store attendant didn't seem sure if the piston seal too was synthetic); perceptibly light to pick and hold; and sitting snugly while aiming. Trigger pull is heavy....but so was that of my Frontier .22 and of Mod 45 -both of whose sears I polished at home, dabbed some Moly and now they are joyously smooth.

Now, where I feel stuck and split into two minds is -the receiver of the Mod 25 is way too small than that of a standard AR (must be more than two to
three inches or so). That makes me doubt its final efficacy. It also makes me severely doubtful about whether whether it will lend itself to any extensive self-tuning later on (unless the entrails are so finally crafted by SDB that only very little tuning can mean terrific change!!-I doubt that though). The model is marketed as a "AR for the Future Shooter"

The Mod 27 on the other hand has a almost standard size receiver...at par with the likes of Mod 45, etc. HAs a short barrel (16 in). But what is most clinching in its favour is its classic Bavarian design stock. I have all the others in the Monte Carlo only so far. I also bruised my cheeck bone black last week trying to run-in my Mod 45 -It is so twangy and violent. The bruise marks are still there.
However, The drooping Bavarian butt of the Mod 27 sits so snugly in the shoulders, I cant describe. In any case, it is always good to have a variety, isn't it?
I wonder why the world is so much after the Monte Carlo though. That is why I so much wish there were clones of the Rugers and the Air Venturis in India (so we are not left with just the Diana clones).

Kindly do take some time out to guide me through this dilemma. I value every word I pick here!
And Basu Da, How so much I love the Artemis, it would be heavy for me (I am a lean frame 50 year old now). For myself, the next will be your very favourite, the Sport!! :D

Warm reards,
Prashant

Added in 38 minutes 36 seconds:
[*]estousandy wrote:
Just happened to come by this shorty SDB .22 AP on kovibazaar. Maybe i must've missed it earlier but this seems to be a newer layout from any Indian firm. Comes in .177 too. Finally some competition to my darkangel :mrgreen:

http://www.kovibazaar.com/SDB-Air-Pistol-id-898625.html

Prashant Jha wrote....

Hello there!...You may to take a look at this link I posted on disassembling and servicing my SDB Frontier in .22 cal some weeks back on IFG...
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=23444&start=45

And here are couple of pics of the disassembly I acquired (inspiration credit: IFG member dear GNV...).
Note: The piston doesn't have a sear rod. Instead there is another small slot at the bottom thrust bearing area for engaging the trigger sear.
Also, SDB needs to look into small things: If they install such a good synthetic piston seal, what stops them from doing a similar one for the breech?
Second, the barrel rifling is of very poor quality. Grooves are mere lines with hardly any depth. Also, the breech opening is very wide for general pellets. MSRH, MS Pointed, MS Export quality are all loose.
However, Servicing the pistol put it into a different league altogether. It is butter soft, no recoil, very little dieseling, shoots much more consistently than before.
Cheers!
Prashant
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Maroon_d3vil
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Maroon_d3vil » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:41 pm

Hi Prashant Ji!

I always go through your post as they always have some good questions or points. Thanks for the sharing saga! :)
I was going through Kovibazaar as I recently got the required budget for purchasing an air rifle and acc. I stumbled across the power packed SDB Artemis which was running out of stock from quite a long time. Now this made me apply brake! :D Still going with my earlier choice. But SDB is next on the list as I continue the journey with ARs.

Regards,
Maroon_d3vil

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:00 pm

Dear Prashant,
I am not ever interested about air pistols.
People like the style of Frontier but I hate that style.
This pistol can never hit target unless held on other hand.
Most Indian air guns/pistols are subjected to tuning/ fine tuning.Once that is done , guns start giving much better performance.
SDB 27 is again a copy of old Diana 27 without any bit of modification.it is cheap and good to shoot due to less weight.
Apache, Sport , Artemis and GenNex are more contemporary and refined in terms of performance.

Basu

prashantjha19
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by prashantjha19 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:46 pm

Dear Prashant, you are always welcome!
Yes, Artemis is a solid choice for sure...and very much worth the wait. Until then, you would anyhow be enjoying your new toy the NX 100. And who knows, by the time you get over your excitement, there could be some other even more solid a toy in the market!!

Keep hooked on and your interest ignited all the while!

Dear Basu Da, the pistol bit was not for you ....it was in response to an earlier post by member Estousandy in this thread. It was meant to be a separate post but somehow got mixed up with this post. Sorry about that.

And the SDB 27 looks very much the Diana 27 (except for the trigger mechanism of course). What I meant was that some of the Western makes have stuck with the drooping butt design while others like Diana (GmbH) have moved on by far to the Monte carlo.
Warm regards,
Prashant

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:50 pm

Dear Prashant,
The Unitedshot pellet is nothing special in design but the fitment is slightly different.
The head is tad less than bore and tail is thin and just enough to seal the bore.
Weight is mostly at the head.
I turn an enigma when go for the reasoning of such high velocity.

Basu

siddharthamahavira
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by siddharthamahavira » Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:13 pm

Hello everyone!
I got my Excite™ Hammer® by H&N Sports GmbH 4.5mm 500pcs pellets (curved/domed head) today for my SDB 35. To my horror, the pellets refused to get into the breech!
The finish of the pellets is quite good, there's uniformity among the pellets as regards size and there are no rough edges on any of them. Appear true to the German credentials. The packing was great and it smelled strong like artificial glue as I opened the tin.
After fiddling with several pellets and the breech, with great difficulty and a sinking feeling, I took the hardcore way and pushed a pellet with about 10 kgs of force with a curved pen cap into the breech, and took my first shot hurriedly. It sure missed the mark.
The yellow Bacardi caps I had excitedly lined to plink away on were standing proud several laboured shots later. Each time a pellet went into the breech with over 10kgs of effort, I felt bad for the rifling.
I then shot the gun at a wide red-colored target to find the exact point of impact, and observed it striking 03 inches to the left. I tried a few more shots and then put away the tin can with a heavy heart. The anticipation of shooting quality German pellets having died a painful death.
Just to make sure that my rifle was okay and my technique correct, I took out the last 20 or so left of the United Shot Super Dyna pointed head Desi pellets and oh my! I downed the first yellow cap on the very first shot. The next shot went amiss. The next two brought down two more of the caps. In 13 shots, the 10 Bacardi caps were down. These are about 2 inches tall and one inch wide, set at about 16 yards.
So while the German pellets performed horribly with the Desi gun, the Desi United Shot pellets performed remarkably with the Desi gun. These get into the breech gently, have their casting lines visibly present, the pointed head isn't perfectly symmetrical and is obviously eccentric around the axis on most of them, and yet they have given me consistent one inch groups at 15 yards, despite my inexperience and an entry level air rifle.
It would be great if the experienced among us could shed some light on these results that have baffled me. I hope I haven't mistreated the gun by forcing the pellets into the breech.
Thanking you,
Siddhartha Mahavira

4X4
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by 4X4 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:40 pm

Yes...you shouldn't have forced the pellets in to the breach. The pellets should pass through with extremely mild tightness.....firm to be specific.

You need to see which pellet shoots the best through your gun. Each gun reacts differently. Whichever pellet fits well and shoots best , it's better to use these pellets.

siddharthamahavira
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by siddharthamahavira » Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:55 pm

Is some permanent damage to the rifling suspect? Or should I let go of my anxiety.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:20 pm

siddharthamahavira wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:55 pm
Is some permanent damage to the rifling suspect? Or should I let go of my anxiety.
Lead pellets aren't going to damage any kind of steel, so chill...

I've tried excite wadcutter (flat head) pellets in the past and found them to be utter rubbish! Maybe others have had a better experience with this brand...
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

dalvipravin
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dalvipravin » Tue May 16, 2023 1:30 pm

Basu wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:26 pm
SDB 2000 ?
Hmmm......
You may find it in Great Eastern Firearms Co.
23,Lalbazar Street,
Beside Lalbazar Police HQ.
Contact person-Mr Sanjit Biswas.
Mobile no. 09831189107

Basu
Do we have any photos or video of SDB2000 ? ON YouTube I can see sdb200 not sdb2000

Cheers,
Pravin

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Wed May 17, 2023 5:45 pm

Dear Pravin,

SDB used to make this 2000 model regularly 10 yrs before with ball bearing type trigger system.
Those days youtube was not that popular.

There is no such video on youtube as per my knowledge.

I understand that they have stopped making it any more.

Basu