Chronograph Info Needed

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
tarat
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Chronograph Info Needed

Post by tarat » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:08 pm

Hi People ,

I am toying with the idea of importing a chrony from the US. Appreciate any inputs from you all regarding the following points :

Brand : What brand/model do you recommend and why ? I understand Oehler is supposed to be a premium brand, however very expensive.

Cost : The TOTAL cost involved. That includes product cost, shipping, possible accessories, customs duty etc.

Legal Issues : Is there any restriction on this item ? I wont be surprised if there is. If a plain scope can be restricted, any damn thing can. This should actually be the first point.

Accessories : Any things that should also be bought with it, because if there is any problem, I cant service it in India. Like you get spare mainsprings and washers when you get a spring rifle from abroad.

Delivery : Since I am based in Bangalore, would it be delivered here, or does it need my physical presence at Mumbai customs ?

Fragile Item : Since this is an electronic item, rough handling will screw it up and I am not too sure about our customs guys.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:41 am

If you are only interested in finding the velocities of airgun pellets, then a Combro cb-625 Mk.4 will suffice. The owner, Robin Hewitt, provides the best customer service I have ever come across.

Before one makes any suggestions, please indicate the purpose and your budget.

Mack The Knife

Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Chronograph Info Needed

Post by Mark » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:39 pm

As Mack The Knife mentioned, what sort of budget do you have, and what useage do you have in mind?

I have a Chrony "Beta" Image

It works well, but to be honest every once in a while it will not record a velocity accurately. It is no big deal to me but if I were shooting expensive ammo an Oehler 35P would probably be cheaper if you total the cost over a few years.

If all you are wanting to do is measure air gun pellets and it doesn't matter if you have to shoot 5 or 10, then one of the $60 models should be fine.
"What if he had no knife? In that case he would not be a good bushman so there is no need to consider the possibility." H.A. Lindsay, 1947

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:27 pm

There is no restriction on the import of chronographs.

penpusher

tarat
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by tarat » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:16 pm

Purpose : To measure pellet velocity.

Budget : Now thats a little hard. Coz whenever I go out to buy something with a budget in mind, it always somehow expands if I like what I see.
Take it at Rs. 5000.00 ($98.00 approx) and thats TOTAL cost as I mentioned in my inquiry.

Could someone clarify the points that I have listed ? Thanks a lot.

Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mark » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:28 pm

This one is on sale for $70:

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.e ... mid=531741

Have a friend in the states purchase it and carry it across in his luggage. You can buy him afew beers and still be within your budget.
"What if he had no knife? In that case he would not be a good bushman so there is no need to consider the possibility." H.A. Lindsay, 1947