smooth twist barrel

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
u_vaste
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

smooth twist barrel

Post by u_vaste » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:36 am

Hi ,
I saw this topic on another forum though it is interesting, so posting it here.
check this video for animated demo of smooth twist barrel of FX

there is another video, where comparison between edgun and FX (related to barrel) is given

check 6.42min onwards about FX barrel(smooth twist) effect on accuracy and maintenance. mainly two point
a) full rifled gun need to be cleaned more often
b) starts to loose accuracy after 200 shots (his personal experience of gun comparing)and stats to foul the barrel.
I have been watching this guys videos of shooting with FX , they are many and very good which makes me think that his conclusion is correct.

I wonder if the this new gun SX100 could incorporate something like that in there future versions(present I think is fully rifled), though this "smooth wist barrel " its patented, incorporate such could increase cost, if they could(my assumption). could this be an considered as further possibility of improvement or enhancement ?

what is your opinion people?

For Advertising mail webmaster
vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: smooth twist barrel

Post by vsraja » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:30 pm

a smooth twist could be a good concept and indian manufacturers should try this to improve accuracy of indian rifles.It would be surely better than the end to end rifling in the barrel.
With regards,
vsraja

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:37 pm

Right now I would like the PH to concentrate all their efforts on their PCP than try other things. :) :) :)

ganeshn
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ganeshn » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:42 am

GNV wrote:Right now I would like the PH to concentrate all their efforts on their PCP than try other things. :) :) :)
(y) ,I am glad that manufacturers do not educate themselves on youtube or hire some part time consultants on forums.

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:00 pm

ganeshn wrote: I am glad that manufacturers do not educate themselves on youtube or hire some part time consultants on forums.
Yes. When that happens we get manufacturers who post obnoxious videos of their product testing to justify said "consultants" performance claims on the forums ROTFL
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:17 pm

starts to loose accuracy after 200 shots (his personal experience of gun comparing)and stats to foul the barrel.
Is the chap talking about airguns (the subsequent discussion is all about ARs, so.....)? I have yet to come across an AR which loses accuracy after 200 shots. They would normally take 200-500 shots just to settle down.
I am glad that manufacturers do not educate themselves on youtube or hire some part time consultants on forums.
Thank God for small mercies!!
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vsraja » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:00 pm

here is the link to the video explains about twist rate and other barrel dynamics which affect accuracy.Really educating
With regards,
vsraja