Weihrauch HW 45

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Here she is - HW45 in .22" calibre.

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:35 pm

I have fitted mine out with a Pachmyer(hope i spelt that right!) rubber grip.And it also has the dual power level.Say noticed that yours has the velocity lowered F insignia on it.Wont deliver the best performance!
Shucks, Clary, I'm soooo jealous. Does it make the tea as well?

For Advertising mail webmaster
Hunter
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Hunter » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:40 pm

B..Ch!.......Wait till u see pictures of the BSA Mercury Deluxe model .22 I just picked up in Goa.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:44 pm

LOL. :mrgreen:

Sujay
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sujay » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:45 pm

Hunter";p="9805 wrote:Hi Guys ,
Airguns are not banned in the UAE.I have lived here for the last 13 years and havent seen any such thing.
BTW Mack The Knife your HW45 in .22 sure will be good compition for mine in .177. I have fitted mine out with a Pachmyer(hope i spelt that right!) rubber grip.And it also has the dual power level.Say noticed that yours has the velocity lowered F insignia on it.Wont deliver the best performance!
Hunter,

Cannot find any "F" even after scanning the pictures since last 10 minutes ( might be there though). However, " Hull Cartridge " is prominent.
A man should have a hobby. It keeps him out of trouble.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:46 pm

It's there, Sujay.

Check the last few pics.

Page 5, first pic from the top.

Mack The Knife

Crete
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Crete » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:03 am

Hunter,

All HW 45 and Beeman P1 pistols are the same.

There is no foundation on the assertion that within the same caliber there are differences in power output, somehow, as some like to circulate in the used-air pistol markets (you see this sort of thing at some auction sites).

The Beeman P1 is not stamped with the F-in-pentagon, but it is as powerful (or weak) as the German F-in-pentagon-marked HW 45. They are both made by the Germans. The ones sold in Germany, Britain etc. have the F, while the export (outside the EU) Beeman P1-marked are not bearing the F-in-the-pentagon.

Both P1 and HW 45 shoot the same with the same pellet, within the same caliber, whether F-stamped or not.

Sorry...

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:14 am

Nikos, don't go bursting the chap's illusions. ;)

BTW, I think I may have found a solution to the lower velocities. For my tests I was using an old tin of H&N FTTs. As I recall these were heavier and also a tight fit with about 0.5mm of skirt sticking out. Opened a new tin of FTTs and found that it was a relatively looser fit with no skirt sticking out. Will have to rig up the chrono again to see if these are more consistent.

Mack The Knife

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:39 am

Hey Rusty See these specifically designed for HW45

http://www.pyramidair.com/cgi-bin/acces ... ry_id=1143

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:56 am

Thanks, Inder but the one I am looking for should be made of rubber or polymer, should have a palmswell, should have checkering or stippling and most important of all, it should have a thumbrest. Finger grooves are not a must. Infact I am in two minds about them - they can be a hinderance if the grip does not fit well and most grips don't as they are made for the 'average hand'.

I have been looking at the net and have seen a couple that match the above description. However, they are in wood and a bit pricey. I would prefer a price not above $25.00. Were it to be used as a match pistol I would have shelled out for the wooden grip scales but not in this case.

Mack The Knife

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:16 am

Hi Nikos,

As suspected the change in diet from the old batch of H&N FTT to a very recent batch of the same has resulted in far more consistent velocity readings and a marginal increase in velocity as well.

The first I put down to pellet fit - it is a relatively looser fit and the second to probably a reduction in pellet weight and pellet fit.

Mack The Knife

Crete
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Turtle Wax Pellet Lube Method.

Post by Crete » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:50 pm

Mack The Knife,

YES! You cracked it!

Now, that's more like it.

Also, I don't know if you are aware of the TURTLE WAX (also known as ZIP WAX), auto finish polishing liquid.

I got a Litre from Britain (lasts forever) and I use it to re-lube all my pellets, especially old ones that have gone...manky (MInkie as Peter Sellers would have called them :D ) as follows:

You need two old coffee cups, one small siv and a small plastic or other bottle/container to keep the 3 to 7 solution in. Paper towels and a clean tin of pellets for the finished WAXED ones.

Execution:

Wash pellets under the tap with running hot water (use an old coffee cup) with some dishwashing liquid until all factory lube is gone.

Then, mix three tablespoons of Turtle Wax with 7 tablespoons of lukewarm water, to make the 3/7 WAX solution, for lubing the washed pellets.

Then, immerse the washed pellets in the 3/7 solution, or pour some into the sived and washed pellets. Leave them for a minute. Siv the pellets collecting the 3/7 Wax solution in the other old coffee cup, and apply them on a clean paper towel (two layers), or kitchen roll paper, to dry (spread them around). To speed up the drying put them on top of a radiator or in the sun. DO NOT USE a hairdryer!

Return the 3/7 WAX solution in a container for future use.

Put dry WAXED pellets in a tin and mark it with a label.

Run a test with the same type of pellets as they come from the factory (staraight out of the tin) and the 3/7 WAXED.

See the difference in: velocity (goes up) and consistency (group far better).

Enjoy!

As for custom HW 45 grips ask Rick here: http://home.comcast.net/~rlandres/AirGrips.htm

Best,
Nikos

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:44 pm

YES! You cracked it!
Hi Nikos, not so fast. The grouping still needs to be verified. Though I have feeling it should be bit better now.

I would still like that M.V. to average between 420 and 425 ft./sec. though.

I used to wash and lube my pellets at one time. Thank God, I did not get into sorting them by weight! However, I stopped this practice two to three years back as I have found the pellets I use to have very little lead swarf and are well lubed.

I did my cleaning and lubing a little differently and would like to add one point to your post. For those pellets to be used in a spring-piston or gasram, please restrict yourself to bees wax based lubes. Petroleum based lubes are okay for pellets to be used in single/multi-stroke pneumatics and precharged pneumatics.

Many thanks for the link.

Mack The Knife

Crete
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Crete » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:47 pm

Mack The Knife,

Your .22 cal. HW 45 shoots within specs.

Get hold of the AIRGUN LETTER Vol. 3, No. 1 - January 1996, on the Beeman P1, if you can. Good info there.

Re Turtle Car Wax: this is not bee's wax. Car-polish bee's wax is entirely something else, NOT ZIP or TURTLE WAX.

Now, to get the record straight re pellet lubes: it is oil and bee's wax that works for PCP's and ZIP/TURTLE 3/7 Solution wax that works in spring/gas rammers. I've been using it for years. Brill idea. I highly recommend it for springers.

Cheers,
Nikos

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:12 pm

Mack The Knife,

Your .22 cal. HW 45 shoots within specs.
Ummm....I suppose it does but it would be boring to leave it as is and not tweak it for a little more. ;)

Don't know about bees wax based car polish. I used to use something from England meant for furniture.

Mack The Knife

Crete
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Crete » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:02 am

Mack The Knife,

Look here http://www.turtlewax.com/

and here http://www.autobarn.net/cht-79.html

There is no bee's wax in Turtle and Zip wax products. Diluted w/water 3 to 7 they work great.

My HW 45 even shoots the Crosman Copperheads Pointed pellets (4.5mm), well when they get the 3/7 treatment, otherwise it's a shotgun pattern...@ 10m no matter how I try.

The product that is good for Prometheus and Paragon saboted pellets in a clean bore, is this: http://www.pledge.com/faqs.aspx

Pledge is not meant to be used with lead pellets in a springer. Only in pellets shot in a PCP airgun. There are some tricks that will allow it to be used in a springer, but that's another story beyond this thread's scope 8) .

Regarding tuning the HW 45, you probably know more. I only know that Dr. Robert Beeman and Tom Gaylord tried to boost the P1/HW45 and got nowhere. Some expert lubing has been done by V-Mach but you prolly know more about it. Beeman and Gaylord got lower velocities and more twang! and vibration when they touched up the internals.

The Germans have perfectioned it, since it first appeared in the 1980s.

Please report your findings if you attempt it.

Cheers,
Nikos