scope for IHP 35m

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
archer
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

scope for IHP 35m

Post by archer » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:22 pm

guys i have a IHP 35m .22 cal rifle...is it advisable to mount a scope on the rifle....if yes which one do u suggest. i have zero knowledge of scopes. if yes, can u also suggest a place in bombay where they r available...
thanx
regards

For Advertising mail webmaster
Ranjeet Singh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: scope for IHP 35m

Post by Ranjeet Singh » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:03 am

Hi Archer,

Does the IHP have the scope rail?, Because I don't remember seeing one..

If there is no scope rail then you might have to do some "engineering" to mount the scope...

Scopes tend to be pretty expensive in India..

Regards
Ranjeet
------------------
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:45 am

Archer,

From your post I get the impression that you think you can choose from a wide range of scopes easily and/or cheaply in Bombay.

I am afraid that isn't so and almost any decent scope you buy will cost more than your airgun.

I would start saving for a better air-rifle instead.

Mack The Knife

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:43 am

hi
Bro ranjeet has pointed out correctly, the biggest issue is that IHP airgun dont have rail for scope :(. this is the biggest hinderance. so the way abt it is to get drill for screws, but i was not very comfortable with the idea.
Airgun is good, i have had that for almost 12 year. Even now i have kept it i literally grew with that gun :).
If some gurus out there can give some input to how to go abt putting scope.
Getting cheap scope, we can try ebay :)
thanks
Ali

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:03 pm

Me no guru but get a real small 4x15 if possible jap scope. Then get a small metal patti cut to six inches length. Have a machinist to get it formed for your rifle, then glue it on with araldite or red loctite. That should work all right but if you can take the innards out then the mount can be welded on. This will be slightly ugly but functional. Or if the machinist is skilled enough get him to drill and tap it. There is a guy in kalkaji(new delhi) who is quite intelligent but you have to be honest with him. Then if he agrees he will do a great job.

Dev
sa_ali";p="17781 wrote: hi
Bro ranjeet has pointed out correctly, the biggest issue is that IHP airgun dont have rail for scope :(. this is the biggest hinderance. so the way abt it is to get drill for screws, but i was not very comfortable with the idea.
Airgun is good, i have had that for almost 12 year. Even now i have kept it i literally grew with that gun :).
If some gurus out there can give some input to how to go abt putting scope.
Getting cheap scope, we can try ebay :)
thanks
Ali
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.