Ladies and Gentlemen

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
HydNawab
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen

Post by HydNawab » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:09 pm

Well isnt this a small world after all.

I was in the MSc Finance and Management at Cranfield School of Management last year.I just loved the place.It is very well know for its SOM and the Aviation School.It was a Royal Air Force base before they shanged it to a University.

Im sure your brother will have a great time there Rustum.

I used to go for coaching at the Northampton Shooting Grounds in Northhampton.Its about 30 minutes by train from Milton Keynes.I think they have pheasant shooting there.If you want, I can get you the number for the coach there Vikram.I am sure he can arrange some kind of feather game shooting for you.

Cheers

Ashar
'It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger squeeze'.

'You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.'

-- Al Capone

For Advertising mail webmaster
kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:12 pm

Vikram";p="17724 wrote:
Inder, .22 because, I intend to hunt with it. I always had a couple of air rifles at home in India. Only, they were forgotten when I picked up the bigger guns. I am really looking forward to the day when I can get my shotgun certificate and FAC.

Best-
Vikram
Oh.. I forgot about rabits when i posted that message. Yep....as they say .177 for feather and .22 for fur. Lucky chap you are..

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Sujay
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sujay » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:48 pm

Vikram,

If you intend to use it in England, you need not bring it to Hyderabad. Isn't it ?

You really mounted a determined search and you deserve it.

That's an absolute beauty you have got man !
A man should have a hobby. It keeps him out of trouble.

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:59 pm

good stuff vikram! is this the gun you were chasing at airgun bbs?

btw, how much did it cost you?

have fun!

anand
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:09 am

Ashar, Nice to know you were here.I finished my Masters in Industrial Relations & Personnel Management at Warwick uni. The phone number will be great.Thanks for that.My shotgun certificate and FAC depend on certain things with my present state of affairs than with anything else.

Sujay, I intend to shoot it here.I won't be bringing it back to Hyderabad.If I do,probably after heavy customisation.Walnut stock and the works.Unfortunately open sights were not available with this one as is the case with most guns on sale.Carbines in .177 even rarer.

Anand,thanks.I bought it from a non-member of the BBS.But,the chaps there were helping with postage suggestions.I got this one for 160GBP+19GBP postage.Considering the whole package,the price was nice.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:56 am

Vikram,

If your Pakistani friend is a good cook, he may have more recipes than I may have. In fact, I may have to ask you to get some from him for me. :)

In any case, I'll put some recipes together today and tomorrow and send them to you. I have food and cocktail combinations but the latter would be of no use for a teetotaller like you. If you want me to, I could send the recipes for your friend if he drinks.

Cheers!

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:09 am

Hi Vikram and Ashar,

Cranfield University is where my brother has been visiting during the past couple of years or so as he had a friend studying there, who is now teaching at the University. However, since he has gone there to work, he has taken his own flat in the village.

I will PM you his cell number and I am pretty sure he will welcome the call as he claims to be bored stiff at the moment.

Ashar, the flying school happens to be the jammy git's main attraction. :mrgreen:

Mack The Knife

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:10 am

Mehul and Vikram

Please do post your recipes here .. we should start a thread for food and wine and off course cocktails;>

Looking forward

HydNawab
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by HydNawab » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:56 am

Vikram,

The name of the coach ios Geoff Bryant and his number is +44 7837 398238.This is his mobile number.

For the FAC, I would suggets that you become a member of the BASC(British Association for Shooting and Conservation.)It costa about £70 for the year and you get a magazine called Shooting and Conservation every month.Moreover, for a FAC, a British subject has to nominate you and propose you to the PD.If you do not know anybody there, then the BASC will propose you and they will help you out with the FAC.FOr this you would have to call up the regional manager and fix up an appointment.

All the best

Ashar
'It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger squeeze'.

'You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.'

-- Al Capone

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:21 am

Awesome Vikram, Am a non air gunner, but that looks like one sweet shooting piece.Go for it and all the best.
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:31 am

Thanks Jefe.

Ashar thanks for the info.I am a member of BASC.The student price is 40GBP.I live in a rented and shared accommodation.That is the biggest obstacle.Trying a few things to beat it.Thanks once again.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:19 pm

Vikram";p="17765 wrote: I got this one for 160GBP+19GBP postage.Considering the whole package,the price was nice.
considering that the price of the (now scarce 77) un(de?)venomed, unscoped starts from 250+ , varying on the seller, that's a great deal !!

i live in cambridge. will try to pm you my number (can't get the ruddy thing to work unless i hit "reply"). once my fellowship exams are sorted in summer, let's go shooting

anand
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:33 pm

Anand,

If you wish I could forward your number to Vikram.

Nothing scarce about the 77's. Any number of online shops sell them. Always advocated buying a '77K over a '77 though.

Mack The Knife

Sujay
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sujay » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:54 pm

Vikram,

If you are interested, I can scan and post an article from an old issue of Airgunworld about safeguards to be taken with rabbit meat, how to recognize a sick rabbit etc.
A man should have a hobby. It keeps him out of trouble.

Ranjeet Singh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ranjeet Singh » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:26 pm

Hi Vikram,

Congratulations....

The leather slings make it really look nice.. I have seen quite a few 77K's but somehow this one looks really nice..

Safe and happy shooting

Cheers
Ranjeet
------------------
Si vis pacem, para bellum