the joys of shooting the Qb 78/22

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

the joys of shooting the Qb 78/22

Post by dev » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:43 pm

Spent sat getting my Co2 bottle filled and then rushed home. But had to wait outside as the wife was out for a while. Finally spurted Co2 into the rifle in the evening. I used some 14.4 grain gsmith pellets(round heads)to shoot at a crow target (metallic). The bigger slug is fun to shoot and so I zeroed the scope in at ten feet first. This helps me to get it till the range. Then I spent Sunday afternoon at the ten meter range. With a sort of bench shooting I could soon drop three pellets into the ten ring.I tried doing five but I'm not that good a shot I loose my concentration halfway. But was it fun. My rifle on bulk will do about seventy powerful shots and then you start to see the pellet loop away. There is a slight leak as I hadn't replaced some of the o-rings that I should have. But I will do that next. I am so glad that I got this great rifle and am enjoying it immensly. Will post pics of targets shot with Mack The Knife's pellets.

Regards,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:48 pm

Dev,

Don't get complacent with that 'three shots into the ten ring' business. I have always maintained that the real measure of an airguns accuracy is between 30 and 50 yards. See if you can test it between these ranges. If necessary I will send more pellets.

BTW, I am curious to know what you lubed the oxidised pellets with?

Mack The Knife

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:05 pm

I will probably try it out at Tuglakabad to get the fifty m range or the twenty five meter range but I am more sure of doing 25 m on a friends farm.I will be picking the pellets from the Doc soon, I haven't got em yet. I have sprayed wd 40 on some pellets before. But right now I am clueless. Kyrtec is the preferred lube but I don't know where to lay my hands on it here. Maybe some turtle wax from a car polish? Apologies but I am clueless on this.

Regards,

Dev
Mack The Knife Bana";p="17611 wrote: Dev,

Don't get complacent with that 'three shots into the ten ring' business. I have always maintained that the real measure of an airguns accuracy is between 30 and 50 yards. See if you can test it between these ranges. If necessary I will send more pellets.

BTW, I am curious to know what you lubed the oxidised pellets with?

Mack The Knife
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.