Advice for air pistol

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
archer
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Advice for air pistol

Post by archer » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:11 pm

I have a IHP 35m rifle. wanted to take up pistol shooting as a hobby. i have shortlisted the following pistols. can u help me choose the appropriate one

1. hw 45
2. colt govmt 1911 .45

other than this are there any others that you could suggest

thanx
cheers to all

For Advertising mail webmaster
Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: Advice for air pistol

Post by Pran » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:30 pm

Archer,
Here's a thread about HW 45.
http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?t=1004

Mack The Knife's review about his HW 45
http://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?t=993
http://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?t=1003

Hope you find this helpful.

Pran
Last edited by Pran on Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:32 pm

When did the Colt 1911 become an air pistol? :roll:

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:46 am

A few years back...thanks to Umarex. ;)

Mack The Knife

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:44 am

:o :) :D :D
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

shahid

Post by shahid » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:49 pm

HW 45 is spring loading, Umarex Colt 1911 Gov is a gas fired 8 shot automatic. What is your preference ?

archer
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by archer » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:09 pm

its my first time with a pistol...so could you pls suggest, which one would should i go for.....or other than these two any other pistol that comes to mind for a first time user....

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:27 pm

What is your budget, Archer?

Do you just want a pistol to plink with or for 10 metre air-pistol shooting?

Mack The Knife

shahid

Post by shahid » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:45 pm

For starters why not start practise with an Indian made Air pistol, later an HW or Umarex can be acquired.

At 10 m many Umarex models are difficult to control. The HW will group better.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:16 am

At 10 m many Umarex models are difficult to control. The HW will group better.
In what ways is one of the Umarex CO2 pistols difficult to control? It's practically recoilless. The HW45 on the other hand would not be an easy air-pistol to start with.

Mack The Knife

Sujay
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sujay » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:55 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="17644 wrote:
In what ways is one of the Umarex CO2 pistols difficult to control? It's practically recoilless. The HW45 on the other hand would not be an easy air-pistol to start with.

Mack The Knife
By ' control' Shahid most probably was referring to its poor accuracy compared to HW 45 ( controlling the groups ; maybe)
A man should have a hobby. It keeps him out of trouble.

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:02 am

HI

i have gone through the other post on air guns too, i want some help too. I am new to pneumatic and CO2 stuff, i am looking for some article where in i can read more on these, as i am my self looking for some decent pistol for 10 M, but i want to know and understand the maintainability of these, i read abt HW 45 and IZH-46M. I could figure out that the IZH will make better for shooting 10 M, but the shear beauty of HW 45 is pulin me :D. So need advice from users and gurus which one to opt for and if any other gun also out there in same price range, which would be easier to manage in India.
Thanks in advance

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

hw45 vs izh baikal

Post by dev » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:12 pm

I don't know about the hw 45's maintenance, but the IZH is normally like all ruskie stuff low on maitenenance. Just al ittle 2t oil and it is happy. It will blow its packing seals occasionally but I have a jugad for that. So I think it will last as long as you live. You can check the net for more airgun boards one of them is yellowforum.com there are loads more. And the HW 45 isn't a ten meter pistol its known more for plinking and varmitting overseas.

Regards,

Dev
sa_ali";p="17784 wrote: HI

i have gone through the other post on air guns too, i want some help too. I am new to pneumatic and CO2 stuff, i am looking for some article where in i can read more on these, as i am my self looking for some decent pistol for 10 M, but i want to know and understand the maintainability of these, i read abt HW 45 and IZH-46M. I could figure out that the IZH will make better for shooting 10 M, but the shear beauty of HW 45 is pulin me :D. So need advice from users and gurus which one to opt for and if any other gun also out there in same price range, which would be easier to manage in India.
Thanks in advance
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:45 pm

thanks dev for info, but i am looking if some on the forum has used any of these then i can know the user experience, sply with gas cylinder, which i think are required in the pneumatic controlled guns.
I will hit the net i guess to know more

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:41 pm

Pneumatic guns don't have any gas cylinders. There is a compression chamber where air is compressed and stored till you release the trigger. I have had a Crosman 1008 pistol which used a gas cylinder and then a Crosman 2100 multi-pump. Now I have an IZH Baikal 46 m and a QB78 Co2 rifle.

Regards,

Dev
sa_ali";p="18059 wrote: thanks dev for info, but i am looking if some on the forum has used any of these then i can know the user experience, sply with gas cylinder, which i think are required in the pneumatic controlled guns.
I will hit the net i guess to know more
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.