Advice for air pistol

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:58 pm

hi dev
so the compressed air is filled from external source or what, I mean how does that work. I just want to understand the mechanism and know that what is easier to maintain.
Forgive my lil knowledge in this field and thanks in advance for taking time to ans my query

Ali

For Advertising mail webmaster
dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:18 pm

Compressed air is utilised in two formats. One is where you have a container on the gun which is filled to 200 bar from a dive shop cylinder. The second format is a hand pump where I believe the action gets intense when you have to reach 200 bar pressure ;-). Another format is single stroke pneumatics which compress air by the stroke of a piston. This is what happens in the IZH Baikal 46 m. One stroke and you are ready to go. If you would like to use a high end target pistol like the Steyr LP 10, then you will need to have it filled at a ten meter range. Or buy a pump for it.

Regards,

Dev

p.s. the steyr costs thrice of what the baikal costs, even before duties are paid.
sa_ali";p="18144 wrote: hi dev
so the compressed air is filled from external source or what, I mean how does that work. I just want to understand the mechanism and know that what is easier to maintain.
Forgive my lil knowledge in this field and thanks in advance for taking time to ans my query

Ali
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:28 pm

so in ur opinion what is good cost effective 10 meter pistol, with ease to use and maintain. from ur update, it looks that IZH Baikal would be good enough.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:01 pm

My vote would definately go for the IZZY. But remember that it does take a while to get used to it and you have to thin the grip to your fit.

Regards,

Dev
sa_ali";p="18178 wrote: so in ur opinion what is good cost effective 10 meter pistol, with ease to use and maintain. from ur update, it looks that IZH Baikal would be good enough.
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.