better airgun

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
chattron
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

better airgun

Post by chattron » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:11 pm

Hello friends i would need advice regarding which air gun to buy.Dealers in mumbai r quoting Rs 5000 for .177 national air rifle,some r quoting Rs 3600 for .22 national ,also there is some company from calcutta air rifles costing 1500 to 3000 in .22 calibre.The company name is OTA or something like that not sure.Please help me regardin this. :(

For Advertising mail webmaster
kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: better airgun

Post by kanwar76 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:55 pm

National is the best INDIAN made air rifle.

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

shahid

Post by shahid » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:26 pm

Can we have a sticky where we post pictures and prices of all National Air Rifles by Indian Hunepipe Company. Perhaps a pdf version of their catalouge.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:49 pm

Try their web page. It might have most of their models.

Regards,

dev
shahid";p="15129 wrote: Can we have a sticky where we post pictures and prices of all National Air Rifles by Indian Hunepipe Company. Perhaps a pdf version of their catalouge.
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:59 pm

I'd posted their prices (ex-Delhi) here - http://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?t=531

Have made it a sticky now, so newbies can find it easily.

Their specs (whatever little information they do provide), can be had from their site, relevant links to which are posted on the same thread.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

shahid

Post by shahid » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:15 pm

Thank you very much for the initiative Abhijeet. You rock man.

to_saptarshi
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by to_saptarshi » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:57 pm

there is some company from calcutta air rifles costing 1500 to 3000 in .22 calibre.The company name is OTA or something like that not sure.Please help me regardin this.
Never heard of any Company like this however there are local companies like ESA and SDB (Susanta Das & Bros) who makes Air Guns and Rifle .22 only. I don't know any local company in Kolkata who makes .177 Air rifle. I doubt if they have sufficient setup for rifling in .177 caliber or not. I have visit SDB factory in kolkata to find out their rifling process and find that entire Rifling process is done by lathe and no sophisticated tools are used. The lands and grooves are not symmetrical and Bright MS steels are used for making barrels. In my opinion you should go for National they are the best brand in Air Rifle in Indian category. There is only one dealer M/s Aimco Enterprise in Kolkata who deals with National air rifle. The Proprietor Joydeep Biswas was a member in IFG yahoo group not sure if he joined here also. You can find their contact details and email address in National Dealer Address in Firearm Dealerships - East India section.

HTH :)

Regards
Saptarshi

Yaj
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Yaj » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:41 pm

A friend of mine just found out from their distributor in Mumbai that the price for a .22 National rifle is Rs 4400.When he quoted the Rs 3700 rate they said the prices have gone up.Is this true or is he trying to pull a fast one?
Yaj.
The more people I meet,the more i like my dog!

denzilmatthew
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by denzilmatthew » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:31 pm

Hi Yaj,

It is better you try direct sale from the company and it is near from ur place also. These people make money that all. The cost of .177 is 3200/- and .22 is 2800/-. This is what the price in my city and in kanpur.

Regards,

Denzil

sharan_kan
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sharan_kan » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:54 pm

Yes, National Air Rifle is best in All the Indian made Air Gins. I purchased it from their New Delhi dealer, Art Craft Sales six months back. They gave me a dealer discount of 10%. After 1000 pellets it's working like heaven. It's accuracy and penetration at around 40 yards!! is amazing.

Cheers!!!!

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:55 pm

Hi Sharan,

How much did the air gun cost u from Art Craft sales inclusive of VAT.

AC

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:10 pm

I have a National .177 which is around 20 years old and it has performed rather well and still is in very good condition and packs quite a punch
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

shahid

Post by shahid » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:16 am

My own opinion about National is changed after useing correct ammo in it. Tight skirted H & N Master point is extremely accurate and groups well. It is the local made pellets that distorted groups.

sharan_kan
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sharan_kan » Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:47 pm

Hi,

I had to pay Rs. 3450/- for the IHP Model 35, 0.22 including VAT.

But the pellets they have is pathetic. Never purchase it from them.

Thanks.

Lenny
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Lenny » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:41 pm

Hi
Agree abt the pricing , go to a good dealer, right price.
and its all the same from there.
no good pellets!!
There is a string on pellets too, so just find what fires groups well.

cheers