Diana P1000.....Awesome

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
slingshot
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Diana P1000.....Awesome

Post by slingshot » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:39 pm

P1000_gr.jpg
Diana has announced its new PCP. This air rifle has been under development for sometime.

The most eye-catching attribute is the two-piece stock, which gives the P1000 the appearance of a real hunting rifle. With its 300 bar steel cylinder with up to 40 Joule power, with 14 shot magazine....yes....14 shot magazine.... as well as with single shot adapter, the P1000 offers best conditions for hunting purposes or field target shooting. An air reservoir avoids a decrease in pressure and allows maximum shots with the same power. Though I dont know how this was achieved.

As standard the P1000 comes with a thread on the muzzle, to be able to mount a silencer. According to the different legal regulations, the silencer can also be factory mounted in that way, that it will be fixed on the barrel and impossible to remove.

Take a look at it. It is gorgeous. This is part of the bucket list now :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There is no downside to Freedom!

For Advertising mail webmaster
hornet
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Diana P1000.....Awesome

Post by hornet » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:48 am

a real life expierence with this model in india; is requested

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:16 pm

slingshot,

Its done by using a regulator. Most high end PCPs have it and it makes them expensive.

M.
slingshot wrote: An air reservoir avoids a decrease in pressure and allows maximum shots with the same power. Though I dont know how this was achieved.
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:50 pm

300 bar bharte bharte (with a pump) ....youll loose vital body nutrients :D unless you have acess to scuba tanks. i once spk to some scuba tank importer and that joker told me i have to have a licence to import such tanks-which is obviously too complicated a procedure .

drjones
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by drjones » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:32 pm

Fantastic weapon, anything available in India for sale ? Iam ready, R U ?
Dr.Jones

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:50 pm

i always was under the impression that after every shot,the power keeps reducing,never the same as the first one.if this can give all 14 shots with same power,then it should be good one.looks are good anyway.

PRITAM PATEL
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by PRITAM PATEL » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:06 pm

Dear Dr.

How is your experience with Dominator ?
I mean consistency in shots, Does Point of Impact changes ?

regards

pritam
"Men like us don't deserve to die in the bed, field would be a batter option"

Optional : Proper inglish n gramer

striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by striker » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:44 pm

300 bar tank capacity pcp are not easy to fill by pcp pump or scuba tank itself ,many place don't have the facility to fill the tank upto 300bar except in metros .
Apart from Power ,recoil less shooting ,multishot capacity many pcp are non regulated versions ie the guns will simply string verticly Every shot is less velocity than the previous one. it is directly proportional to volume of reservoir for example benjamin disco shot climb down in each and 5-8 shots .marauder shot string comes down in 10-15 shots so the point of impact will get lower and shooter have to compensate accordingly .
Dominator have 300 bar Reservoir , not easy to fill unless you have 330bar or more working pressure tank . The gun have inbuilt regulator in the valve and set to 2000psi approx so the shots will be consistent with the variation of 10-15 fps till it comes down to 2000psi and then it turns to non regulated shot velocity and velocity comes down in every shot . i have shot dominator extensively and filled upto 280bar ,got 60 usable shots when filled to 3000psi the gun will yield 30-40 usable/ good velocity .

-- Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:49 pm --

3000psi air reservoir pcp are much userfriendly than 300bar/4500psi airreservoir pcp :)

vishu20_inin
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by vishu20_inin » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:25 pm

andy_65_in wrote:300 bar bharte bharte (with a pump) ....youll loose vital body nutrients :D unless you have acess to scuba tanks. i once spk to some scuba tank importer and that joker told me i have to have a licence to import such tanks-which is obviously too complicated a procedure .
Hi andy
Getting an Import License is not that tough these days. Other option is that you can use license of some other importer. Issue is clearance. If you import filled cylinder, they will come via sea route and land at some port, now going there and getting it cleared is not an easy task. If you import unfilled then it will reach Customs of International airport closer to your delivery address and Customs will apply duties after re assessing the value of product.

regards

slingshot
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by slingshot » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:47 am

This air rifle will take time to import. It will probably reach me only in November or December this year and I shall post a review then. In the interim, if someone brings it in, do let me have your views. I believe that this is a result of 5 years of painstaking research by Diana and they have addressed the issues that PCP's suffer from. Just by looking at it, some of the claims seem vindicated. Looks great.

Andy, I agree with you....and maybe I will need a lot of Gatorade, but I am willing to upgrade. I have always sported a springer and the IHP 35, the Diana 350 magnum and the Diana 54 have given me hours of joy. But, there comes a time when a PCP like this one beckons :)

Fantumfan, I missed the FT event today in Japaloupee. Sometimes, life throws curveballs and I stayed in Mumbai today with a 9 year old daughter who insisted that I must help her with her school project. Sorry about this. I am sure that it was a great event. On your note regarding the regulator, I believe that the regulator on this air rifle keeps the FPS fairly constant. You will notice that for a .22, the fps is around 950. I believe that this is regulated such that at least 7 - 10 shots get this FPS. The first shot otherwise would have been close to 1100 fps. Also, this baby is expensive. Will get to know the exact damage to the family exchequer only later this month.

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:22 am

slingshot wrote: I believe that this is regulated such that at least 7 - 10 shots get this FPS. The first shot otherwise would have been close to 1100 fps. .
I'm confused. Why do you say the regulator is only giving 7-10 consistent shots? That too on a gun claiming a 14 shot magazine?
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

slingshot
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by slingshot » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:10 am

Hi Hamiclar,

I still dont have this rifle to give you a personal experience review. My nephew seems to feel that after 10 shots, the FPS diminishes somewhat. I agree that with a 14 shot magazine, this should not happen. However my nephew also tells me that there is no major change in accuracy. He has only put through 200 odd pellets so there is a lot more to discover about this air rifle.

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:04 pm

You missed a good event but yes...its about priorities and there will be a next time.

Regarding regulators...here is a link that shows advantages of installing a regulator in a PCP that does not come with one from the factory.

https://www.airgunsofarizona.com/DiscoReg.htm

M.
slingshot wrote:Fantumfan, I missed the FT event today in Japaloupee. Sometimes, life throws curveballs and I stayed in Mumbai today with a 9 year old daughter who insisted that I must help her with her school project. Sorry about this. I am sure that it was a great event. On your note regarding the regulator, I believe that the regulator on this air rifle keeps the FPS fairly constant. You will notice that for a .22, the fps is around 950. I believe that this is regulated such that at least 7 - 10 shots get this FPS. The first shot otherwise would have been close to 1100 fps. Also, this baby is expensive. Will get to know the exact damage to the family exchequer only later this month.
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

supershaji
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by supershaji » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:20 am

slingshot wrote:This air rifle will take time to import. It will probably reach me only in November or December this year and I shall post a review then.... In the interim, if someone brings it in, do let me have your views. I believe that this is a result of 5 years of painstaking research by Diana and they have addressed the issues that PCP's suffer from. Just by looking at it, some of the claims seem vindicated. Looks great.

Andy, I agree with you....and maybe I will need a lot of Gatorade, but I am willing to upgrade. I have always sported a springer and the IHP 35, the Diana 350 magnum and the Diana 54 have given me hours of joy. But, there comes a time when a PCP like this one beckons :)

Fantumfan, I missed the FT event today in Japaloupee. Sometimes, life throws curveballs and I stayed in Mumbai today with a 9 year old daughter who insisted that I must help her with her school project. Sorry about this. I am sure that it was a great event. On your note regarding the regulator, I believe that the regulator on this air rifle keeps the FPS fairly constant. You will notice that for a .22, the fps is around 950. I believe that this is regulated such that at least 7 - 10 shots get this FPS. The first shot otherwise would have been close to 1100 fps.
....Also, this baby is expensive. Will get to know the exact damage to the family exchequer only later this month.
Hi SlingShot,

Well? Did you? :)
chitty-vitty, bang-shang

omaar_sir
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by omaar_sir » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:28 am

Hello all,
Am posting after a really long time and you guys can expect much more from me in the coming days. I am posting my recent result with the p1000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please note that suppressors are banned in India and on this forum any discussion or mention of the afore mentioned object is not tolerated. Moderator