walther Dominator 1250

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
PRITAM PATEL
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

walther Dominator 1250

Post by PRITAM PATEL » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:37 pm

Hi,

I am thinking of buying a Walther Dominator 1250 in .22 Cal

Can any one (who actually has owned) throw some light on Pro & Con for the same rifle

Sug. & Comments are welcome

regards
Pritam Patel
"Men like us don't deserve to die in the bed, field would be a batter option"

Optional : Proper inglish n gramer

For Advertising mail webmaster
Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: walther Dominator 1250

Post by Big Daddy » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:58 pm

I do hope you have the means of getting it through customs!

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

PRITAM PATEL
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by PRITAM PATEL » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:32 pm

Big Daddy wrote:I do hope you have the means of getting it through customs!

BD
thnx for concern
but
the Rifle is in INDIA :mrgreen:

anupjee1954
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by anupjee1954 » Sun May 06, 2012 7:22 am

Big Daddy wrote:I do hope you have the means of getting it through customs!

BD
Why? Aint it like a regular import?

Pritu79
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Pritu79 » Mon May 07, 2012 11:42 am

Walther domi especally in .22 is an excelent rifle to shoot for its price. The 1250 domi is based on the LG300 FT model and has the same regulator which has been tweeked to get 40J. Do not bother with the open sights and mount a decent scope on it to get its potential out. Since it dilivers velocities to the higher side, i suggest using heavy pellets. I started off with lighter pellets, started getting 3 to 4inch groups and fliers in between (H&N, gamo domed, eley wasp are the ones i tried) i literally stoped using the domi and started using the FX cyclone. when i exhausted my stock of pellets i turned to the old stock of G smith pellets the domed ones and thought what the hell lets give the domi a second try, firts shot at 35mt under 1/4inch then shot at 50mt 3/4in....I was so dam happy and smiling all the way...then thought about it, g smith high impact are quite heavy may be in the range of 18.5-19gr a guess. Ok another surprise, try the steel headed ones by g smith. I had bought these as a sampler just out of quriosity, the tin was lying around for 2yr. I never used them just looking at the steel ball pressed at the tip....in my head wondering its quite difficult to center that ball from manufacturing point of view, the ball is surely off set and will never shoot straight ROTFL to my surprise it shot a tighter group at 50mt. I went and bougt another stock of gsmith pellets 3months back, since they had stopped production and were out of stock for quiet some time......was disapointed to see the deteriorated quality, guess result of over working the pellet die. what i noticed was the bottom cone or the inner cone of the skirt has an offset score.. probably due to a damaged swaging punch. Loved to get my hands on superdome or jsb's... but any ways.
Long distance shooting according to me the best choice is a .22, worst part is there are'nt good .22 pellets around.
The domi is an excelent option for the price its offered at. The bolt needs to be operated with a bit of love and grace and a quick fill port would have been better, but cant ask for every thing at a low price.
Till now i have owned 2 domi's and they are a pleasure. Excellent power.

PRITAM PATEL
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by PRITAM PATEL » Mon May 07, 2012 12:31 pm

Thnx a lot PRITU

Finally I got myself HW100 in .22, a way expensive than 1250 but I got what I paid extra monies I paid for.

gverma
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by gverma » Mon May 07, 2012 3:52 pm

Great rifle go for it.
I have used it in .177 cal.

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Mon May 07, 2012 5:38 pm

[quote="Pritu79"]Then thought about it, g smith high impact are quite heavy may be in the range of 18.5-19gr a guess. Ok another surprise, try the steel headed ones by g smith. I had bought these as a sampler just out of quriosity, the tin was lying around for 2yr. I never used them just looking at the steel ball pressed at the tip....in my head wondering its quite difficult to center that ball from manufacturing point of view, the ball is surely off set and will never shoot straight ROTFL to my surprise it shot a tighter group at 50mt.

Hi Pritu79,
> For 0.22 cal 14gr round heads (the best local stuff is Master Shot - Export) to give you 1/2" groups at 50ft, the fps should not exceed 650 / 700.
> Any fps faster than this will cause wobbling of the pellet - hence loss in accuracy.
> For your WD 1250 the ideal pellet should weigh 16gr or 18.5gr.
> In this regard GSmith are the best local stuff (18.5gr) - I've had weighed these in an electronic balance & found out.
> In case GSmith is out of stock you can settle for Maga Shot Round Heads (16gr) - they are good - My personal experience.
> You can also check with IFGian Dr. Jayakumar, he has a WD 1250.
Happy Shooting :D
Briha

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Tue May 08, 2012 12:46 am

Pritu79 wrote: The 1250 domi is based on the LG300 FT model and has the same regulator which has been tweeked to get 40J. .
Interesting. Is this what Umarex is claiming these days?
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

Pritu79
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Pritu79 » Tue May 08, 2012 9:39 am

You have bought an superb quality rifle there Pritam. congrats on your buy.

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Tue May 08, 2012 9:57 am

friend ,
i own a dominator for almost a year.the gun is absolute fun to shoot,especially when you try long distance targets.
mine is fitted with norinco scope.
recently i had a problem with the cylinder,i couldn't fill air.so i had sent it to freind in mmbai,who sorted it out.
the present dominator is 40 joules max.i am searching for a 60 joule valve once i get,i will post in ifg.
till then,happy shooting
dr.jk

Pritu79
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Pritu79 » Tue May 08, 2012 10:59 am

brihacharan wrote:Hi Pritu79,
> For 0.22 cal 14gr round heads (the best local stuff is Master Shot - Export) to give you 1/2" groups at 50ft, the fps should not exceed 650 / 700.
> Any fps faster than this will cause wobbling of the pellet - hence loss in accuracy.
I ment 50meters, 50ft would be around 15mt :wink: i am sure it was a typo.
With a PCP that has a power adjusting tap like the one on my cyclone, it shoots good with all pellets. since the velocity cannot be adjusted in a domi heavy pellets work good for the power out put of an domi.
mods can increase the power of an domi this is for dr
cheers

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue May 08, 2012 11:07 am

@ PRITAM PATEL - OT, but the HW100 is an excellent buy indeed - worth every extra penny! Had the chance to try out a friend's HW100 (18 ft lbs import from Spain, where that is the limit), it had on an original Weihrauch moderator and all you could hear were the mechanical sounds of the trigger/ springs/ hammer etc. Tried it out to 75+ yards - super accurate and built to last a lifetime! :D

@ Pritu79 - hamiclar01 is right, AFIK these are made by Umarex and are in no way based on the LG300 FT. If you have information to the contrary, please do share it with us here.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Tue May 08, 2012 11:42 am

Pritu79 wrote:
brihacharan wrote:Hi Pritu79,
I ment 50meters, 50ft would be around 15mt :wink: i am sure it was a typo.

> Yes! It was a "TYPO", my sincere apologies :roll:
> Stick to the heavier pellets - Enjoy your shooting - As 'mundaire' rightly said all you hear is the mechanical sound of the trigger being pulled - Phffft!!! :D
Cheers
Briha

PRITAM PATEL
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by PRITAM PATEL » Tue May 08, 2012 12:27 pm

@Pritu & @Mundaire, thnx lot for wishes,

HW100 is indeed a superb buy, feels like owing a Merk,Beemer or OOOO :D :D :D ,

But Mine seems out of tuning as it gives only 24 shots per fill from 200 to 120 BAR,( its is 35 Joule in .22 Cal )

Googgling on web got me in touch with Mr. PKJITSH from Hydredabad (indeed a nice fellow, told that I should get atleast 42 shots/Fill) suggested me to go to Mr. Rajesh Yadav.

I talked to him ,he happily invited to me to Mumbai along with rifle for tuning,

he seems quiet competent/professional , any one has any experience with his services, please share

regards

Pritam

****Mr. Rajesh Yadav (IFG ID Karizman) has been banned on this form for many years now, due to (amongst other things) his making dubious claims about super tuning a CP88 to levels that defy the laws of physics, his not clarifying his own legal position about haven taken required Govt. permissions for the manufacture of high pressure vessels (PCP air tanks) & airgun barrels etc. You deal with such a person entirely at your own risk - Moderator****