Only One Airgun!

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Ranjeet Singh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ranjeet Singh » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:16 am

danish21";p="12693 wrote:Mack The Knife, there will be no regret if anyone buys a diana. Diana is always the best. The oldest and the best. I have one diana model 35 which my grandfather bought of 30 Rs when he was in his twentys and still that air rifle is in mint condition and its the dead accurate air rifle still. I will post its pic some day. So i have more faith on diana and i will always suggest to go for diana.
Danish
Yo Danish way to go, I am still a great fan of diana (airguns) I mean...but yeah a HW is worth trying once to feel the difference in the trigger...and yeah if you can shoot a diana 350 accurately, you must be a very good shot..I've tried a 350 and found the recoil, way too much jerky for me..

In Germany, somehow a weihrauch is just a bit more popular than Diana,

A friend of mine has both a diana 35 and a weihrauch 35, I shot a whole afternoon both of them and both are good..buy both:)

Cheers
Ranjeet
------------------
Si vis pacem, para bellum

For Advertising mail webmaster
danish21
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by danish21 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:05 am

Every break barrel air rifle has a recoil. Some has low and some has high recoil. It all dependes how tightly you hold ur air rifle. I have diana 36 fitted with diana 4x20 scope. It also has a recoil but when i hold tightly the recoil reduces.

Danish

Hunter
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Only One Airgun!

Post by Hunter » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:10 am

Ok Ladies stop bickering please!! :roll: But keep the comments coming....seems that the Diana has a strong fan following....looks like the contest has narrowed down to only 2 now!either the Diana 52 or the HW80!

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:25 am

danish21";p="12720 wrote:Every break barrel air rifle has a recoil. Some has low and some has high recoil. It all dependes how tightly you hold ur air rifle.
Danish
And how exactly do you hold the 350 Magnum to get those wonderful results?

Mack The Knife

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:35 pm

Gentlemen,

If you must have only one airgun, let it be the Gamo NRA model. :) Proceeds go to the foremost organisation fighting for your right to own guns wherever you are in the world. And, in the meantime, shoot your real guns really well. :lol:

Cheers!

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:49 pm

Hunter";p="12616 wrote:Hi All,
If given a chance to choose between the Diana52 or 350 Magnum,or the HW80 in .22,which one would it be?
Your expert comment on the above would be most welcome.
Many Thanks//Hunter
Whichever fits you right :) but if all of them are fitting you right then I will go with HW80. I've shot both Diana 52 and HW80 and have no experience of shooting D350 though I’ve held it in my hands once. I think HW's have better build quality than Diana.

Just my two cents.

-Inder (Proud owner of Diana 52:))
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

vivek009
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by vivek009 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:23 am

danish21";p="12720 wrote:Every break barrel air rifle has a recoil. Some has low and some has high recoil. It all dependes how tightly you hold ur air rifle. I have diana 36 fitted with diana 4x20 scope. It also has a recoil but when i hold tightly the recoil reduces.

Danish
Well Danish, I've never shot a Diana 52 or a 350 Mag. and hence am in no position to make a fair comment. But the theory says that the more tightly you hold a recoiling airgun, the more inaccurate your shots will be. You have to hold it very lightly - almost in a floating state, so as to allow it's natural recoil rather than strangling it. In practice also, I've found my Crosman Quest to shoot far more accurately with a floating hold. And that is a high powered gun too having a fair amount of recoil - jerks my shoulder and cheek each time I fire it.

Vivek

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:57 pm

jerks my shoulder and cheek each time I fire it.
It shouldn't be doing that.

Shame you let the cat out regarding how to hold an air-rifle.

Mack The Knife

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:45 pm

National 35.
shoots decent, does'nt cost a packet and if its bust, buy the next one.
Best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

shahid

Post by shahid » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:01 pm

It is right most makers recommend to hold an air gun lightly for better accuracy. The recoil even with Magnum versions is not really excessive.

Hunter
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Hunter » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:58 pm

Ok People whats the verdict then?Diana 52 or HW80?......Btw is inr30000 a reasonable price to pay for a brand new(in the box) diana 52 in .22cal!

Cheers!

danish21
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by danish21 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:01 pm

No comments till i get my shipment :evil:

Danish :mrgreen:

shahid

Post by shahid » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:03 pm

HW 80 will perform better. Price in Dubai is Dhs. 1100 thus Rs. 30,000 in India would be fair.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:31 pm

true...true...true...now get the nickel plated version.

regards,

dev
eljefe";p="12852 wrote: National 35.
Best
Axx
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:49 pm

dev";p="13343 wrote:true...true...true...now get the nickel plated version.

regards,

dev
eljefe";p="12852 wrote: National 35.
Best
Axx
nickel plated version. :? :? . They have a nickel plated version also :roll:

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...