HW 80 / 85

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Hunter
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: HW 80 / 85

Post by Hunter » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:07 pm

Hi Shahid,
Where exactly did u say u picked up the HW80k with venom inards?I am expected in Dubai hopefully next week,maybe I can pick up one for myself too!
If u ordered it from the UK,how did u go about it?Can the same be shipped to Dubai?
Many thanks//Hunter

For Advertising mail webmaster
shahid

Post by shahid » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:21 pm

From the same dealer, Al Seyad, but current stocks are over. Only regular HW 80 and 85 in stock right now. Price 1100 Dhs. Will go down to 1000.

shahid

Post by shahid » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:24 am

Took the HW 80 to the Sharjah Shooting Club today. What a rifle !

At 10 m it was an absolute tack driver. YOU CAN HAMMER A NAIL WITH IT.

Groups less than 1/8 inch centre to centre. 8 out of 10 shots fired went into the same bullet hole, right into the centre of the bulls eye.

At 15 metres 1/8 inch group. At 25 metres less than 1/4 inch group. At 35 meters the groups opened up a bit to 1/4 inch, with 5 shots.

At 50 meters the group was within an inch centre to centre with 15 shots fired.

Was useing Gamo 10 cm x 10 cm targets. Honestly the Diana model 36, also in .22 calibre was nowhere close to it.

Pellets used - Gamo Pro Magnum . 22 in 16 grains ( 1 gram ).

This HW 80 shoots like a good .22LR rifle. Never before have I shot an air rifle so good.

I am convinced and converted. To all those people in India, who cough up Rs. 30,000 upwards for the Classic Diana 35, here's another very good choice.

No wonder the HW 80 recieves very rave reviews in magazines like The Airgunner, Shooting Times and Field Sports, all UK based publications.

Felt real good with the shooting today.

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:34 am

HI Shahid,
Please do post pics of targets and gun...am a recent convert to airguns and am impressed by the performances delivered by modern airguns.
Best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

shahid

Post by shahid » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:51 am

Asif pls guide me to the link on how to post pics.

In my off road forum dubai4x4.com an img tab comes in each post. We upload to the gallery section, copy the link by copy / paste and click img tab again. What about here ?

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:21 am

This HW 80 shoots like a good .22LR rifle. Never before have I shot an air rifle so good.
I am convinced and converted. To all those people in India, who cough up Rs. 30,000 upwards for the Classic Diana 35, here's another very good choice.
Honestly the Diana model 36, also in .22 calibre was nowhere close to it.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Now go and get yourself a HW77K and a HW97K as well. :mrgreen:

You could use the Dianas and BSAs to prop up the targets or the bonnet of your 4WD. :mrgreen:

Mack The Knife
Last edited by Mack The Knife on Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:26 am

Asif pls guide me to the link on how to post pics.

Click on Post Reply > Scroll down to Add an attachment > type in the details where you see Filename or select the pic from your comp using Browse > Submit.

Ranjeet Singh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ranjeet Singh » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:26 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="12561 wrote: Now go and get yourself a HW77K and a HW97K as well. :mrgreen:
You could use the Dianas and BSAs to prop up the targets or the bonnet of your 4WD. :mrgreen:
Mack The Knife
aaah! am I not glad that I picked up the 97k instead of the Diana 52:)..

well, Shahid, you are right, I have shot with Mack The Knife's .22 HW Vemonised 80 and I had the very same feeling

Cheers
Ranjeet
------------------
Si vis pacem, para bellum

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:18 pm

I had two Crosmans but the pumping gets tiring pretty fast. I liked them when I had em but have switched to a QB 78 tuned by Mac1 and my IZH Baikal. Don't miss the Crosman's anymore but will probably try to get a .1377 again for fun someday. Next on my list is a HW77, I have seen what it can do and love the crunch sound it makes while letting off a pellet down range. It has actually been an evolution process for me and I have realised that springers are best for our conditions.

Regards,

Dev
hamiclar01";p="12384 wrote: do reassure me guys, you lot don't actually own shares in weirauch :wink: do you? i mean....no bsa or webleys or crossman fan clubs here?

while i must confess all these threads have weaned me off my fixation for dianas, you'll have to try harder to prise me off my Air arms pro sport. and since it's actually stored in my bedroom .... technically, i sleep with it! :) best lookin' air rifle me eyee ever spotted! yessirreee.

but, that is another story, and another thread, maybe

anand
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:26 pm

Dev,

Make sure it's a HW77K.

This design is getting on in years but is still amongst my top favourites.

Mack The Knife

Sujay
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sujay » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:29 pm

shahid";p="12548 wrote:

Felt real good with the shooting today.

The way things are going on , HWs might soon be interpreted as IFG standard issue to any visitor.
A man should have a hobby. It keeps him out of trouble.

shahid

Post by shahid » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:52 am

Theres plenty from WEIHRAUCH ON OFFER.

HW 100 S and 100 T with 14 shot magazines, PSP

HW 95 K is the new popular Break Barrel

HW 97 K is an underlever charger also Hw 57 K

Theré's HW 90 K and

cadet rifles in Hw 25. PLENTY ON OFFER.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:36 am

Shahid,

Good to see they have finally taken stock of the 100 series.

Do me a favour and find out what they are charging for the HW100 and HW25, whether they will courier to India and if they will accept an Indian credit card - details given over the phone.

The 100 will have to wait until funds permit but I would like to get my son a HW25 sometime this year. He turns 8 today and it's time he had a proper airgun rather than the Chinese airsofts.

When the 57s were first introduced four or five years back, they had a problem with the pop-up breach. So be careful if contemplating buying one.

Thanks.

Mack The Knife

shahid

Post by shahid » Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:10 pm

Fine Mack The Knife, HW 25 is available here I guess. Will find out and let you know.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:03 pm

shahid";p="12644 wrote:Fine Mack The Knife, HW 25 is available here I guess. Will find out and let you know.
Thanks but what about the 100s?

Or did I misunderstand when you said, "Theres plenty from WEIHRAUCH ON OFFER.

HW 100 S and 100 T with 14 shot magazines, PCP."

Mack The Knife