HW 80 / 85

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: HW 80 / 85

Post by Mack The Knife » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:26 pm

Shahid,

Are you sure you bought the HW80K with a Venom DIY kit from Al Sayyad?

I ask because someone has sent me the following via PM, "I just had a talk with the owner of AlSayad who is a personal friend of mine and they have never ordered HW80ks for the last 8 years!,let alone Venom kits!"

Would appreciate a clarification.

BTW, is there just one Al Sayyad or are there two or more branches?

Thanks.

Mack The Knife

For Advertising mail webmaster
shahid

Post by shahid » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:30 am

Available - means stocks there to buy in his two branches or stores he supplies from where it can be brought back, or his workshop inside the old market ( Sona Bazar ).

Remember the Indian mindset is for Diana, which is sold by the dozen everyday. But a product like Weirauch is only bought by the classes not the masses. He did have a cadet version in stock when I went there last, perhaps it was the 25. He had only 4 HW rifles that day.

The cadet air rifles sold here are Cometa of Spain or Diana Cadet models, about 3 to 4 everyday.

As for the HW 100 series, it costs approximately Dhs. 2,500 for both S and T, in Indian Rupees 32,105 at todays exchange rate.

Hunter
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Hunter » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:47 pm

Hi Shahid,
I should be in dubai by 2morrow night! Say why dont we catch up at AlSayad maybe on Tuesday Morn...Let me know our cnct so I can call u!

Cheers//Hunter

shahid

Post by shahid » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:18 pm

Hi Mack The Knife,

I am not sure about the source of info about the gentleman who sent you the PM.

Al Sayad have 2 stores in Diera and a workshop / store in SOna Bazzar, also Diera area. They also supply to a number of other sporting shops all over UAE, perhaps GCC as well.

There could be confusions, for Weirauch is not a very popular, well known name or easy to pronounce. HW is actually a model no., so no one would really recall it if he is not part of Airgun world or Airgun trade. The model for all comparisions in these parts is Diana and that too 35 in .22 Cal.

In my case, yes I first saw HW rifles at his City Centre showroom. The Cadet model you like HW 25 was also there perhaps. A small HW was there was it 25 or 35 needs to be seen.

The owner is a UAE local of Irani origin, who speaks only Arabic and Farsi and very little Urdu or English. So I am not sure what he would comment. He is not very much involved in the business.

There are one or two old salespersons in these showrooms who know about Air Rifles. Basically you have to search yourself and have the knowledge yourself to find the right product, including scopes and pellets. I am allowed to go inside his shop counter areas, and even his workshop / warehouse so I get my pick of products.

But for others, typically if a layman walks in and demands a Diana, he will be sold a Diana 35 for Dhs. 775 to 850 depending on his bargainig. A case for Dhs. 150 and a Norkinia telescope 3-9 x 40 for Dhs. 300. The guy does not know that Norcinia is not an air rifle scope but just a rifle scope and after 10 shots on an air rifle it will be spoilt.

Such is the level of ignorance in these parts, thus I cannot comment on the source of your information whether AL Sayad imports HW for the last 8 years or not, but there are some pieces in his showroom.

He is the authorised distributor for Diana. Maybe his stores buy HW from someone.

The other major importers for AIr Rifles here were Captain stores who imported BSA products but they have shut down their 2 showrooms and operate as distributors only I guess and Al Mostawafi who stocks some Diana and perhaps is the dealer for GAMO.

Sometimes its pure luck. I visited an old store in the souk market. The shop had an old box of . 22 round pellets. 1 Pound of benjamin slugs in a round tin.

It worked out to be AAAA size shotgun pellets.

36 of these pellets form a load of 1 1/8 ounce, loaded in a good cartridge, they have a devastating effect on Geese.

Dubai is not a very mature market for sporting goods, you come across a good product purely by chance.

danish21
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by danish21 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:18 pm

Shahid Bhai
The gentleman Mr X. who has PM Mack The Knife must be of Irani origin and he must be knowing arabic and farsi.... :mrgreen: Why are you worried... may be he don't knows the name Weirauch that why he is Jealous of you that u got one :lol: :lol: .

Hard luck Mr. X,
Try again you are not a good jasoos. and if you want one Weirauch HW then PM shahid bhai insted of sending PM to Mack The Knife, i am sure shahid bhai will help u a lot in getting one which you have not seen from past 8 years in dubai. :lol:

Danish

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:51 pm

may be he don't knows the name Weirauch
Danish,

You could be right. Especially since the name happens to Weihrauch....

:wink:

danish21
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by danish21 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:29 pm

Yes Sir... i agree... comming soon to join ur english speaking and writing class. :)

Danish

Hunter
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Hunter » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:19 am

[
may be he don't knows the name Weirauch
Danish,

You could be right. Especially since the name happens to Weihrauch....

:wink:
[/quote]

.......Ha Ha...Good check-mate Mack The Knife! :lol: ......

Hi Shahid,
was wondering if I could meet up wz u at Al sayad this morning!....Approx 10am.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:18 am

danish21";p="12709 wrote:Yes Sir... i agree... comming soon to join ur english speaking and writing class. :)

Danish
Fees to be paid in Weihrauchs rather than Dianas if you don't mind.... ;)

Ha Ha...Good check-mate Mack The Knife!
Clary, you be quiet or I'll have you off the board! Sorry, couldn't resist the pun. :mrgreen:

Mack The Knife

danish21
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by danish21 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:30 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="12727 wrote: Fees to be paid in Weihrauchs rather than Dianas if you don't mind.... ;)

Mack The Knife
How much weihrauchs u want ? I suppose all weihrauchs will be in the form of iranian currency :roll:

Danish

Hunter
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Hunter » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:28 am

Hi Shahid,
Just returned from a brief trip to Dubai and was depressed that I could not purchase a single air-rifle(did not want to bother with the boys in white on my return)although saw so many springers by the likes of Diana,HW,Webley,Gamo,Cometa and BSA. Could not meet up with u as did not have your contact in Dubai.
I met up with the old gentleman who owns Al-sayad and his son Mr.Salah,who I must add is very well read and knows his" foresights to his cocking links "as to where airguns are concerned at least! I did ask about the HW80k and the Venom enhancement kits-as I wanted one for my HW80 back home,but he claimed that he has never ordered them at all ever! The only British product they carried was the Webley springers and a couple of FX2000 pcps..which are very poor sellers as they are expensive! I went and had a look at his shop in Sabka market Diera,where they have their repair area and keep all the spare parts,but drew a blank there too! Even his Shop near city center did not have any in stock! So then I went to check out Captains store In Diera and near the Abra station in Bur Dubai but they are only the agents for BSA(they only have the supersport model now in stock)and a couple of Gamos!I finally went to Al Mostafawi store in AlFahidi, but he took only was an agent for Gamo!with the full range mind u. So not too sure where u picked up your Venom enhancement kit!-definately not the Stores mentioned above! Please check your bill of purchase maybe that should shed some light.

Many thanks//Hunter

shahid

Post by shahid » Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:57 pm

Here itself in his Diera store, you did mention about seeing HW. Must be in his stores, because I have only seen them there.

Itried to get your e mail to send you my number but I was unsuccessful in doing so.

denzilmatthew
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by denzilmatthew » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:12 pm

Hi Hunter,

You do mentioned that you saw all the great stuff of big company over there in dubai same said by shahid but strange you could not bring a single toy for you. Every person who ever is intrested in Air Gun if get a chance definately brings some think or the other if not a Gun atleast a spare part for it. I am also waiting for someone who can get me an Air Gun or spares and pellets for me but could not find such a bad luck for me. Any way better good luck(Hunter)next time.

Regards,

Denzil

Hunter
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Hunter » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:46 pm

Hi Denzil,

I guess I would have to be prepared in more ways than one when dealing with the Customs on arrival at Bombay airport! Hence I was put off and did not bring anything with me on my return to the homeland! About toys ,I do have a HW80 in .177 cal,and it has served me well over the years! I am seriously considering a barrel pruning job now! Mack The Knife had done a gr8 job on his HW80!Wonder if he would mind me troubling him for the blue prints on the same!Free of costs of course! :P

Take care!

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:27 pm

Wonder if he would mind me troubling him for the blue prints on the same!Free of costs of course!
BALLS!!! :mrgreen: