HW 80 / 85

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
shahid

Post by shahid » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:03 am

From company brochures and review reports the HW 80 or 80 K has a muzzle velocity of 800 fps in . 22 calibre and 100 fps in .177 calibre.

My guess is 1000 fps in .177 calibre should be the limit. Velocity above this specially if it crosses 1080 fps will become supersonic and the pellets will fly astray.

By this standard, these new raptor pellets are absolutely unsuitable in Magnum . 177 Air Rifles. With a small weight of just 5.1 grains they will fly akward in the transonic zone.

My own recent experiments with a . 177 Diana Model 68 indicate excellent results with H & N Diablo flat head pellets weighing 7.5 grains. It is very efficient for clean kills on rather large feral piegeons at 35 yards.

The H & N Field and Target weiging 8.49 grains is not as accurate at these distances.

Up to 25 yards, the Gamo Pro Magnum pellet, . 22 weighing 14.5 grains delivering superb results.

A pigeon I hit today at 25 yards did not know what happened to it. It fell as if blown off its perch by a magnum force.

It was like hitting a Springbook with a .375 Magnum rifle.

For Advertising mail webmaster
shahid

Post by shahid » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:44 am

Boy oh boy. More praises about the HW 80. I have never had an air rifle so good.

Yesterday I had a business meeting at the Sharjah shooting club. Later I walked down to the indoor range where my HW 80 was stored.

At 20 meters it made 1 inch groups with H & N Hollow point pellets.

At 35 meters 3 inch groups.

I set the target at 50 meters and fired 2 shots. This was beyond limits. 6 inch drop here. But expected.