Help for a beginner

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
AshwinKumarIyer
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Help for a beginner

Post by AshwinKumarIyer » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:29 pm

HI Everyone,

I am literally a beginner in shooting sport. I want to buy a good economical Air Rifle and a Pistol. I am from Chennai.

1) Can anyone give me the number/address of a dealer/retailer in Chennai for Air Guns?
2) Can anyone suggest what sort of a gun I should buy to start with?
3) What do these weapons cost?

Thanks and regards,

Ashwin

For Advertising mail webmaster
Yasho
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Help for a beginner

Post by Yasho » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:21 pm

Hello,
You are taking a good decision to take to this sport.
But first decide whether you want to take to pistol or rifle shooting.
Decided on the budget or no problem with the finances!
Let me know, will then provide more info.
Chennai must be having some rifle club. Check out.
All the best.

mehulkamdar

Re: Help for a beginner

Post by mehulkamdar » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:35 pm

Ashwin/Yasho,

There is a list of dealers in Chennai - and indeed all over India - on the IFG home page. Just look for dealers in Chennai. Alternately, post your requirement on the Wanted classifieds with a price indication and if someone has something for sale they would get in touch with you. If yout ravel abroad or know someone who does, then the best option may be to have someone bring an air rifle in for you. There are several threads on this speaking about members' experience in bringing air rifles in as well as on the rules and regulations involved. GO through the threads, decide which would be the best option for you and make your mind up.

If you want to join the Madras Rifle Club, they meet on Saturdays and Sundays at the Egmore Police Commissioner's Office though the applications for membership have to be submitted at the Dinathanthi office on Poonamallee High Road. A rifle club membership would make sense if you are looking at formal 10 metre target shooting. If you are not, then save your money on club membership and on buying expensive ISSF air rifles and buy a good plinker. There are several threads on air rifles here - go through them and decide on what you would like to buy.

Welcome to the IFG and good shooting!

striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by striker » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:18 pm

hai aswin
i think this shop can help u out
Tamilnadu Armoury
642,Anna Salai
Nandanam
Chennai--35

ph-044-24339855

the economical best indianmade guns "ihp national ".22 caliber cost around -5500rs try out friend.

---striker
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------99.9% of the World's Gunners are 100% SAFE.Please do not ruin their reputation by being stupid or using guns in violence!!