First air gun

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
shahid

Post by shahid » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:34 pm

Technically yes. You may enter your shooting club competition or an open state level competition with any .177 calibre air rifle. But it will not get you far if there are shooters with match grade air rifles in the field. Perhaps even qualification scores will not be achieved because proper equipment and pellets are required.

However a simple NATIONAL air rifle on target or plinking would be a right step in the direction of training yourself in good shooting first and then acquire a match grade rifle.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Jay Munshi
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: First air gun

Post by Jay Munshi » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:23 am

Hello Shahid,

National is very innacurate as for my experience goes. You are very correct. I would be entering the competition and loose miserably.

Hence back to the questions are HWs and Diana good enough to get me started say in one of those open competions.

Best Regards,

Jay
Technically yes. You may enter your shooting club competition or an open state level competition with any .177 calibre air rifle. But it will not get you far if there are shooters with match grade air rifles in the field. Perhaps even qualification scores will not be achieved because proper equipment and pellets are required.

However a simple NATIONAL air rifle on target or plinking would be a right step in the direction of training yourself in good shooting first and then acquire a match grade rifle.

Jay Munshi
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Jay Munshi » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:14 am

Hello All,

Is HW97K available in India.

Regards,

Jay

danish21
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by danish21 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:39 am

Jay Munshi";p="15148 wrote: Hello All,

Regards,

Jay
Check with the dealers in banglore or contact Mack The Knife or inder for this.

Danish

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:41 pm

Well Munshi National is not that much bad/inaccurate as u r thinking.Because every machinery needs tuning & customised settings according to your needs.
For biginners i think it is is the best Indian air rifle.and also for low budget /investment.
Much bettre than Calcutta made airguns.
Jay Munshi";p="15145 wrote: Hello Shahid,

National is very innacurate as for my experience goes. You are very correct. I would be entering the competition and loose miserably.
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:52 pm

Jay Munshi";p="15148 wrote:Hello All,

Regards,

Jay
Read my earlier post carefully. I already said HW's and Diana's are available with dealers time to time. You should check with dealers near town hall but don’t expect anything cheap. Asking price for most of air rifles starts from 30K after that it’s your negotiating power.

HTH

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:25 pm

"......Ps:- If you offer not to take the bill or a bill of much lesser value...the dealer can pass on the tax benefits to you (could save you 10-12%)......"

ranjeet!

i know the above scheme often proferred by dealers seems lucrative, since it seems to bring down the price but, i've always found it very shady. specially :

1. the official price on the receipt goes down. and as a friend of mine who tried to re sell one of his guns discovered to his shock, the buyers were haggling DOWN from the "official" price on the reciept.(thus bringing down the starting selling price, and refusing to accept he had paid a higher amount). the dealer who actually sold him the gun flatly denied any knowledge of the affair and the "kacchi raseed":shock: , and in fact was among the hagglers!

2. the sales tax relief is actually to the dealers, rather than us. and it does not look particularly legal :wink: specially in a sensitive forum like this

i hate to sound/look bossy and know all, but this is what i feel. of course, i'd love everyone's opinions on this. but that will probably have to be a new topic which i will soon start elsewhere.

munshiji! i 'd agree with the rest of the members. if 3000 quid is your budget, then you can't beat a national, specially for casual plinking :) ! if it's a propah competition weapon you want, it'll probably be one of the posh fibreglass elevated-cheekpiece-too-low-buttpiece anshutz thingies, rather than the general purpose HWs or dianas

if you ARE really keen on formal airgun competitions, i could suggest joining the local rifle range and trying out their competition airguns ( they usually will have a stock)to get you started, till you find the gun of your dreams.

anand
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

shahid

Post by shahid » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:12 pm

Coming to HW and Diana models. Medium power or Magnum models whether Barrel cocking, underlever or side lever.

These rifles with for sure enable you to place your fire in a 1/2 inch group at 10 metres. Once you are here, then it is the time to go in for special match grade equipment.

They will be more than a match for any other Air Rifle if you enter field target or siloutthe events with them.

The major purpose of HW and Diana rifles outside India is hunting small game and pest control / vermin control.

In India you may enjoy some plain plinking fun with these rifles. You can knock down Coca Cola cans at a good 50 yards with a .177 calibre Diana or HW. The shot placement will be quite accurate.

I am afraid my personal experience with National brand AIr Rifles is not the same in India. A NAtional 35 I have sprays 6 inch groups at 20 yards.

Ranjeet Singh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ranjeet Singh » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:22 pm

hamiclar01";p="15190 wrote:"......Ps:- If you offer not to take the bill or a bill of much lesser value...the dealer can pass on the tax benefits to you (could save you 10-12%)......"
ranjeet!
2. the sales tax relief is actually to the dealers, rather than us. and it does not look particularly legal :wink: specially in a sensitive forum like this
i hate to sound/look bossy and know all, but this is what i feel. of course, i'd love everyone's opinions on this. but that will probably have to be a new topic which i will soon start elsewhere.
anand
I quite agree with you on the tax part. I shall edit the post accordingly....

Cheers
Ranjeet
------------------
Si vis pacem, para bellum

GasramGandu
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by GasramGandu » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:51 pm

Hi Jay

I have an old IHP national 25 in .177 which is very acurate with match pellets. A couple of years ago at the KSRA state meet, my brother and another friend bagged two medals using it. It does however have a teflon washer instead of the standard leather washer.

If your budget is limited I suggest you go in for a National and have it tuned.

Cheers
GG

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:01 pm

Always insist for a receipt for what you pay. The dealer does not oblige you . Its your right to ask for it and its his duty to give it to you.

AC

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:06 pm

GG,
IHP National 35 have been reported to turn out excellent performances, and paradoxically, spray groups.I have experienced both and can say that most times, IHP performs with major VFM.The teflon washer/gasket sounds innovative.Factory fitted or aftermarket ?
Best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:17 pm

Asif,

The teflon washer can be "home fabricated" if you are so inclined... which of course you are! ;) :lol: Am in the process of looking for manufacturers/ dealers selling teflon rods - the raw material for any such project. If anyone knows of any in the Delhi NCR region, do pipe in.

The single biggest problem with the IHP 25/ 35 is the trigger... which frankly sucks big time! :P

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:24 pm

eljefe";p="19037 wrote:The teflon washer/gasket sounds innovative.Factory fitted or aftermarket ?
Made and fitted by our very own Tony Hoover from Chamrajpet. ;)

conty1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by conty1 » Thu May 03, 2007 1:29 am

Not trying to be a party pooper but looks like a classic case of 'thread-hijack' where even the moderators are guilty :)

Spare a thought for the OP please!

Amit

Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.