Air Rifle Scope shooting low

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
shahid

Post by shahid » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:09 pm

Problem solved. Different scopes behave different on a particular air rifle.

Had some business in the old Abra market last week. Out of interest walked up to the old Captain store ( dealer for Gamo / BSA ) to check if he had any Tasco scopes.

He had some nice Gamo and BSA Air rifle scopes. Picked up this GAMO 2-7 x 32 mm AO, with parallax adjustment ring on objective, this was very similar to the Bushnell SPortsman I have on the .177 Diana 68.

Put it on and tried it today. First shot hit the 10 ring of the standard Gamo 10 cm x 10 cm target. 25 notches up, it hit the 5 ring, i.e. still 1 1/2 inch low. There was room, 20 notches up again and to my delight the Gamp Pro Magnum struck 1/2 inch high. Adjusted back by 10 notches low and then tried for groups. The HW shot perfect groups at 10 m. One pellet into the other. Less than 1/4 inch centre to centre at that distance.

Perfect for longer distance shots now ! Problem solved.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Air Rifle Scope shooting low

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:16 pm

Glad to hear that.

I wonder if this Gamo scope is similar to an old Tasco I used to have. Can you take a pic from oth sides.

There used to be Jap and Chinese versions of this scope (forget its full name - bought it from Deben in England) and the Jap version was reputed to be a real cracker. I had the latter type which only lasted about 2 years on my 80K.

Have fun!

Mack The Knife

P.S.: Think it was called Tasco 2-7x32 AG.

shahid

Post by shahid » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:04 am

This is a Made in China version. Price Dhs. 270, bargained down to 250 or Rs. 3,162. Good buy at this price and most important it does the job on the HW 80 which is a Magnum Calibre Air Rifle.