IHP Tuned .22 Mod-35

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Re: IHP Tuned .22 Mod-35

Post by snIPer » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:46 am

Here is an easy way to do it.

First ensure that the gun is in a fixed position - ie minimum movement - if you can clamp it down then good.

Then from the breech area draw 2 parallel lines (with a pencil) all the way to the back
like so
-----------------------------
------------------------------barrel break area ================ Muzzle end
-----------------------------

then align the rail inbetween those lines.

------------------------------
XXXXXXXX ----------------barrel break area ================ Muzzle end
------------------------------
Mark the position with a pencil and then use Jb weld or Araldite to fix it down.
once it is mounted - ensure again that it is centered and then tie it down or clap it down - leave it in the same way for 8 hours - after that it is set.

The other way is to do it by eye - worked for me but i would do it next time after marking only.

If anyone has a better or easier way to do it please do post.

/S/
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

For Advertising mail webmaster
brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:33 pm

Hi there!
> Snipers' idea of fixing the scope rail is good - Here's another 'Time Tested' method.
1. Take a long thread (twine) and coat it with chalk (by rubbing the chalk on the twine)
2. At one end make a loop and tie it on the spike of the front sight.
3. Pull the thread through the 'V' groove of the rear sight all the way to read end of the 'Power Plant Tube'.
4. Hold the thread tight and twang it - like pulling a bow string.
5. The chalk will leave a white straight line mark on the tube.
6. Now mark the centre on the scope rail and align it with the white thread mark and position it.
7. Hold it tight and with a centre punch make the markings for drilling.
8. ideally a 2mm drill bit should be used + 2.5mm tap to cut the threads.
9. Apply Locktite adhesive to the screws and tighten.
10 Bingo! It's done.
Cheers
Brihacharan

pratik_mahale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pratik_mahale » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:49 am

Thanks sniper & brihacharan

I feel by brihacharan method we will get the correct center line
Only one thing I need to add is we must zero the air rifle first with open sight

After fixing scope rail & mounting scope if the point of impact (POI) is more than 2 inches(beyond the vertical adjustment of the scope) below the aim point we put some packing material like film negative to bring the POI in the line with aim point.

Now my question is how we can solve the problem if POI is beyond the windage adjustment of the scope

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:36 am

If that is the case it could well mean that the rail is not aligned properly.
/S/
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vsraja » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:03 pm

After tuning my ihp .22 by removing some coils from the main spring, i need less than 7kg cocking effort and a smooth firing cycle with zero vibration. Accuracy also improved,tested at 10metres range.
With regards,
vsraja

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:45 pm

ketan82 wrote:Dear All, :D

Thankyou everyone for all ur views The details of the tuning ar as follows:-
1) The IHP was nicely cleaned after opening.
2) The new spring guide is added.
3) The spring Tarantula E-356 along with Diana washer(The blue one)is added and all greasing is done.
4) There were 4 different types of Grease are available one for spring one for the parts of piston.
5) another one for oring & after evrything is done he also gave some liquid inside the barrel for cleaning.
And when i took the first shot the chrony was 729,765,738,795 and so on.but the one thing i like about the gun was the cocking effort
not much but about 35lbs very smooth for me as i am heavy built & 6.1ft tall it was just like hot knife in a pouch of butter.
today i,ll be reaching home after the ganesh vesarjan and will be posting pics soon.
it was G-smith spring & washer in my IHP previously the one end of that spring is(the diameter)was small & other was big :x no doubt they are also good
but as compare to jim maccari spring no question about it.
thanks all regards
ketan
When this thread was originally posted I was not a member here. But 795 fps from a .22 IHP model 35 ?? That too with 20 grain pellets?? :shock: :shock: You got be kidding me right? :o That kind of power output is impossible from the IHP 35 without dieseling it.I shall consider myself lucky if i get 550 fps with 20 grain pellets in a IHP .35(13.3 fpe) Even with major piston redesigns , the cocking slot and even the transfer port, it is hard to break 650 fps with 20 grain pellets.(18 fpe). The stroke length of the gun has to be increased, and I dont see that in the pictures. Only using a synthetic piston seal and a long spring doesnot do that at all , but has the power to cause detonations (severe dieselling) to get that sort of power. Funny thing are no pictures of accuracy! :|
If increasing power was so easy while maintaining accuracy, air rifle manufacturers would have an easy life, and so much time and effort would not go onto designing a magnum if all needed were a synthetic seal and a maccari spring. 8) The Diana model 35 would have turned into the 350 magnum overnight as soon as diana introduced their parachute seal and gave Jim maccari the contract to build the springs for them. :(
"Aim small, miss small."

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:12 pm

The post of ketan was false, febricated and baseless.
So far I can recall , he had face tough questions from fellow members.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

nkarun
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by nkarun » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:24 pm

Dada you saved me.... its quiet long i checked here and saw Mr.Ketan's claim, was wondering to check what he had done, hope he may answer..... were he went wrong.