Hesbee airguns

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
denzilmatthew
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Hesbee airguns

Post by denzilmatthew » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:30 pm

Hi Mack The Knife,

I have got INDIAN HESBEE air gun .22 mark 3 underlever I want to know is that a good gun. If anyone is having more information about it do let me know.

Regards,

Denzil

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:01 am

Hi Denzil,

Never heard of it.

Regards.

Mack The Knife

Satpal_S
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Satpal_S » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:26 pm

Hunting being legally banned Indian made airguns/ARF's are good for Plinking and Informal Target Shooting.

Do a benchrest session at 10 metres (33 feet) with the best possible pells available.

Five shot groups of less than 1 inch good Informal target AG/ARF (Indian guns only, foreign ones can go less than .25 inch).

Greater than 1 inch but less than 2.5 inch groups a plinker.

Anything more than 2.5 inch the Junk class.

Gun should cock easily and smoothly, no excessive trigger creep or heavy pull, metal should be nicely finished, sights should adjust easily and accurately and the gun should not vibrate too much on shooting. All attributes of a good Ag/ARF. Check them out.

How long it lasts, good Imported ones with periodic overhauls can last a generation Grandfather to Grandson. In case of your gun time will tell, desi guns break down too often but can be repaired cheaply.

So check it out yourself and decide, since it has been already bought.

Satpal

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:59 pm

Old post -new josh :-) - Is that Hasbee or Essbee - Essbee being an english model with a very soft trigger - Ive tried it myself (10 odd yrs ago) and it is a very trust worth airgun. Rusty am I right about the make?
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:12 pm

Never heard of Essbee either.

Mack The Knife

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Information regarding HASBEE AIRGUN

Post by art_collector » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:02 am

Hi Mack The Knife,

Hesbee guns are Made in Mandi (Himachal Pradesh). These are made by the same company which manufactures SBBL 12 Bore IOF Tested guns under the brand name Hesbee .

The owner who is an engineer by profession was settled in England but shifted to India later. He stays in Chandigarh. Need more information I surely can check that . Don't have any idea about the air guns but his brand of SBBL guns used to be in great demand acouple of years back.

AC