Weihrauch rifle for field/ plinking use

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Weihrauch rifle for field/ plinking use

Post by Vikram » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:32 am

Mack The Knife,

Did not want to start a new thread.I would greatly appreciate if you could clarify these doubts for me.

Is there a reason why you suggest the Kurz version than the regular barrel length? As we talked else where, do you think .22 is better than the .177 for rabbits and pigeon shooting in UK? Finally,can a non FAC HW77 be tuned to FAC power for a later day use? The reason is, in my search for two HW77s,one for me and one for a friend of mine. :wink:,I am coming across a lot of guns in normal length and .22 calibre that look like good deals.

Many thanks in advance.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

For Advertising mail webmaster
Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:40 am

Best Weihrauch......and certainly the most powerful ? The 60J.
:wink:

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:25 am

Is there a reason why you suggest the Kurz version than the regular barrel length?
Better handling. A pellet has usually accelerated to its peak velocity within 12" to 13", so the rest is just unnecessary friction.
As we talked else where, do you think .22 is better than the .177 for rabbits and pigeon shooting in UK?
That's a can of worms but I still firmly believe in the larger calibre for pest control work. However, if you restrict yourself to headshots only then the .177" calibre would be better as it has a relatively flatter trajectory. However, if someone like me were in your place then I would go for a FAC .22 as I wouldn't always take head shots. Back of the head, spine, neck and chest shots ( from the side or front) will do the job. FAC .177" tends to zip through at upto 20-25 yards which often does not result in instant death. All this has been taken from the Airgun BBS, where this subject has been discussed exhaustively.
Finally,can a non FAC HW77 be tuned to FAC power for a later day use?
Without any problem. Would recommend a V-Mach / Venom DIY FAC kit. Quote your serial number as Weihrauch increased the ID of their cylinders by 1 mm after a certain serial number. This number can be seen at www.airgunbuyer.com in the V-Mach section.

http://www.airgunbuyer.com/Showproducts ... ing%20Kits

Mack The Knife

P.S.: The serial number is 1446049 and over. These (HW97 and HW77 / K) have the larger cylinder.
Last edited by Mack The Knife on Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:26 am

Grumpy";p="11906 wrote:Best Weihrauch......and certainly the most powerful ? The 60J.
:wink:
Centrefire or rimfire?

;)

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:47 am

Thanks very much Mack The Knife.Appreciate your help.Stumbled on a HW77 in good nick for 100GBP.Hence the question.Posted on AirgunBBS wanted board for a HW77K for our friend.Thanks once again.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Sujay
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sujay » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:20 am

Ah ! log in the morning and find favourite topic beign discussed :D

My two cents but you are coming across a lot of the standard barrel length because of less demand for them ! Any carbine (K) is zapped in BBS the moment it is offered for sale !

Best of luck with your search.
A man should have a hobby. It keeps him out of trouble.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:07 am

Vikram,

If you are planning on getting a V-Mach job done on the rifle then buy the one for 100 quid.

Mack The Knife

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:16 am

Well done Dodger - I was beginning top think that you hadn`t noticed. :wink: :lol:
Centrefire of course.
I have a really nice .222 Rem here - much nicer than the other 60J that I told you about a while ago - this one has much darker wood with some figure.......`feels` better as well.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:19 pm

Well done, Grumps!

I always wondered why you did not quite take a shine to the earlier one as these rifles have always been well regarded.

Mack The Knife

Ranjeet Singh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ranjeet Singh » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:01 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="11935 wrote:Vikram,
If you are planning on getting a V-Mach job done on the rifle then buy the one for 100 quid.
Mack The Knife
Mack The Knife I ordered one for 65 quids, what am I missing, I didn't know there were two of them..

Still got some time until Lloyd sends them across..do let me know pls.

Regards
Ranjeet
------------------
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:05 pm

Ranjeet,

Immediately tell Lloyd that this is for the latest version of the HW97K and send him the serial number as well if you have it.

However, just saying "latest model" should be good enough.

Mack The Knife

P.S.: Oops...think there was a misunderstanding. What I meant to tell Vikram is that he should buy the second hand HW77K for 100 quid if he is going to have it tuned by V-Mach. 65 quid is the current cost of the DIY kit, so nothing to worry about, so long as it is for the latest version.
Last edited by Mack The Knife on Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ranjeet Singh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ranjeet Singh » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:08 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="11975 wrote: Ranjeet,
Immediately tell Lloyd that this for the latest version of the HW97K and send him the serial number as well if you have it.
Mack The Knife
This has been done already with the serial no, however the difference between the one worth 65 and one that you suggest Vikram to buy is what is confusing me....

aah saw the ps as well now....too much in a hurry friday evening!!!..into the mountains on saturday, will post a few pics on sunday

Regards
Ranjeet
------------------
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:12 pm

Read my post again. Amended it whilst you were typing your reply.

Sujay
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sujay » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:17 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="11975 wrote:Ranjeet,

P.S.: Oops...think there was a misunderstanding. What I meant to tell Vikram is that he should buy the second hand HW77K for 100 quid if he is going to have it tuned by V-Mach. 65 quid is the current cost of the DIY kit, so nothing to worry about, so long as it is for the latest version.
The one Vikram has located for 100 quids is with standard barrel length.
A man should have a hobby. It keeps him out of trouble.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:47 pm

Vikram,

Since you seem to be interested in the picking up a used HW77k, check out http://www.mendipclays.co.uk/gunlists/m ... r%20Rifles

They have one in .22 cal listed at GBP 200... No harm in calling up and finding out - maybe they'll bargain a bit...

HTH

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein