Weihrauch HW45

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Weihrauch HW45

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:04 pm

For anyone interested in this air-pistol, please make the time to read this site...

http://my.tbaytel.net/[email protected]/HW45Review/

Mack The Knife

For Advertising mail webmaster
The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Weihrauch HW45

Post by The Doc » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:51 pm

Thank you Mack The Knife for an excellent link to the article on Weihrauch HW45. I have had my eyes on this baby for a long time now. Where can I buy it in India and for how much? The price in USA at the moment works out to be approx 14000 rupees.
Regards.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:23 pm

Rajesh,

It is very doubtful you could get one in India. It would be best if you imported a .177" calibre version from either the U.S., the U.K. or any other country that sells them.

Like you, I have had my eye on this since 1987 and finally got one this January. It sure as hell isn't a 10 metre match pistol but I like it. It has character. :mrgreen:

Mack The Knife

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:59 pm

Why a .177 ? Why not a .22 Weihrauch HW45? Is it the projectile velocity Mack The Knife?
I do congratulate you , the gun must have a great feel. Envy you absolutely.

Regards.

RP.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:49 pm

Why a .177 ? Why not a .22 Weihrauch HW45?
Because the Government of India only permits the import of .177" calibre air-rifles/pistols via post or courier.

If you want to import an air-rifle/pistol in any other calibre, you or someone you know will have to import it as part of their personal luggage when returning from overseas.

Mack The Knife

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:43 am

Thanks a ton Mack The Knife, I really didnt know that one could get a .177 cal across by post/courier. Its a great news. Can you please guide me now where to get it from? I presume that you got yours via post/courier.

Regards.

RP.

PS. I do apologise if I am pestering you too much. I hate to be a pest since I know that you own that Weihrauch HW45 beauty.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:52 am

It's no trouble, Rajesh.

Mine was brought back by my brother. I wanted a .177" calibre but wanted to buy second hand. Unfortunately, the shop I ordered from only had a decent .22 version in stock, so that is what I got.

This pistol does have the facility to interchange barrels though.

Most of my airgun dealing is done with Blackpool Air Rifles (BAR), the proprietor of which, Lloyd, is a member on IFG.

Please read the following links.

http://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?t=1003

http://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?t=1002

http://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?t=993

Mack The Knife

rahul567
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by rahul567 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:58 am

Hi Rajesh
I recently bought a hw 45 from Blackpool Air Rifles.In my opinion its a awesome choice though i havent had a lot of experience with air pistols but one look and u will definitely fall in love with it. i had been trying to get it in india thru various channels. Ultimately i gave up and oredered online. But i must say it was pretty easy( unlike wot i had anticipated) i got it in my hand within 6-7 days of despatch.Just for safety purposes i got it thru courrier instead of normal post( and had to pay a bomb for it) but anyways it was worth it.
rahul

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:29 pm

Hi Rahul,
Congratulations for your HW 45 and thanks for your response. Can you tell me how much did you pay for the gun/courier/excise duty. I presume its a .177 cal. Also are you a member of any state/national rifle association/forums/clubs?
Happy shooting buddy,

8)
RP.