Airgun import experiences - via post/ courier route

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
nevil
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Airgun import experiences - via post/ courier route

Post by nevil » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:00 pm

Shipping is still on hold from PYramid air just got a mail from them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For Advertising mail webmaster
AnandNair
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by AnandNair » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:39 pm

nevil wrote:Shipping is still on hold from PYramid air just got a mail from them
Will have to wait till the election dust gets settled down. the customs would have been instructed to be on high alert for any firearms etc into India during this period
Some learn by reading. A few by observation. The rest of 'em have to pee on the electric fence.

nevil
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by nevil » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:55 pm

It surely is not because of elections though I still hope that it is. From what I have learnt the customs is asking for a declaration on stamp paper that the air rifle being imported will not sold along with the other documents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:40 pm

I got my entire refund from PA. They are very nice and professional in their approach.

Cheers

TC
Last edited by TC on Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:43 pm

I got my entire refund from PA. They are very nice and professional in their approach.

Yes, it has a lot to do with elections. The customs have stopped a few full metal CO2, green gas, blank firing etc guns that resemble real firearms.
For those who do not know, a few people have been able to convert Zoraiki ( I hope that's the correct spelling) 9 mm blank firing guns to fire real ammo.

Cheers

TC

striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by striker » Thu May 01, 2014 11:38 pm

technically the blank guns are made of pot metals( fragile )and cannot withstand the pressure of real ammo that can injure or kill the shootter itself.

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Fri May 02, 2014 2:52 pm

striker wrote:technically the blank guns are made of pot metals( fragile )and cannot withstand the pressure of real ammo that can injure or kill the shootter itself.
Technically you are right striker... but do a search on youtube and you will know how conversion has been done with a particular model of Zoraiki. But that is not a case to be considered in India though. Here however some gunsmiths have done tricks with dummy guns. I can't say more here for obvious reasons. But I am sure you will understand.

TC

ekalavya
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ekalavya » Tue May 06, 2014 12:23 pm

Pyramyd Air had Immediately refunded the total Amount of the transaction citing the reason that they are unable to ship the Items due to the Customs Restrictions in India! hope this is something that has got to do with our Election Code.

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Thu May 08, 2014 3:14 pm

Hi,

Any body here ever uses USPS EMS Express to get their air guns from US? If yes then how good/bad they are. Just need a little review before i put my monies on something.

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Lucky Luke
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Lucky Luke » Thu May 08, 2014 6:33 pm

@ Kanwar76 : My posts made on the 14 & 15 of April relate to imports by Post. I have also used USPS earlier and the issues remain pretty much the same.
When compared to the clearance made in 2010 , Customs seem to have become more stringent .
Unless things are relaxed a bit, it is clearly not worth the hassle of using USPS. Do note that you too will have to interact with the FPO at Mumbai to get the gun cleared, and this shall consume time & money.

ankitdashora
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ankitdashora » Fri May 09, 2014 3:58 pm

Hello,

For how long indian custom stopped importing airguns? I am planning to carry one with me it is full metal.

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Fri May 09, 2014 8:04 pm

Lucky Luke wrote:@ Kanwar76 : My posts made on the 14 & 15 of April relate to imports by Post. I have also used USPS earlier and the issues remain pretty much the same.
When compared to the clearance made in 2010 , Customs seem to have become more stringent .
Unless things are relaxed a bit, it is clearly not worth the hassle of using USPS. Do note that you too will have to interact with the FPO at Mumbai to get the gun cleared, and this shall consume time & money.
Lucky Luke,
welcome back! Lol....still remember the anxiety you had to undergo till you got the call from the local GPO :D .
How's your toy? Should catch up some day.

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Sun May 11, 2014 8:01 pm

Lucky Luke wrote:@ Kanwar76 : My posts made on the 14 & 15 of April relate to imports by Post. I have also used USPS earlier and the issues remain pretty much the same.

Thanks Lucky,

No go USPS for me then .

-inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Sun May 11, 2014 8:06 pm

Thanks Lucky,

No go USPS for me then .

-inder

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Sun May 25, 2014 9:31 pm

Anybody recently got airgun from Abroad. Are customs clearing airguns now?

One more question, Anybody used DHL from Germany to import an airgun.

-Inder