Airgun import experiences - via post/ courier route

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Airgun import experiences - via post/ courier route

Post by snIPer » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:21 pm

If you dont mind me asking - what documents did you submit?
Thanks
/S
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

For Advertising mail webmaster
ebenezer
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by ebenezer » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:28 pm

snIPer wrote:If you dont mind me asking - what documents did you submit?
Thanks
/S
If it's Relish sports, you have to send them any govt approved photo ID scanned, apart from the Club ID and bonafide letter.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

AnandNair
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by AnandNair » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:26 pm

ebenezer wrote:
snIPer wrote:If you dont mind me asking - what documents did you submit?
Thanks/S
If it's Relish sports, you have to send them any govt approved photo ID scanned, apart from the Club ID and bonafide letter.
I had submitted a letter from the club that i am a member. the club is sleeping over my id card for past one year.
Some learn by reading. A few by observation. The rest of 'em have to pee on the electric fence.

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:35 am

My only concern using Relish or any other 3rd party is if they will use my credentials on the sly to order more than 1 air gun and also "complimentary" pellets.
There is no way of tracking or monitoring that. - is there?
/S
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:10 pm

I think it would be very tough to use the same id/credentials again as customs is really a tough nut. At Delhi FPO they maintain little brown files with each imports details and whence they went. So if someone wants to check up they can. These files go almost five to six years back.
Course I could be wrong about what Relish can or cannot do.

Regards,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by striker » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:32 pm

any one importing .177 airguns recently and any improvement in the customs procedure ?

striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by striker » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:10 pm

is the airgun import is smooth nowadays?

Mozzad
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Mozzad » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:34 pm

Personal baggage way is easier I think. Even airports keep the copy of your import with passport copy.

Ramandeep
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ramandeep » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:32 pm

Pyramyd air still not shipping to India, has anyone opted to import air gun to India in last 3 months other than pyramyd air. This sucks now we can't even import air guns smoothly.
1 shot 1 kill!

joydeepm
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by joydeepm » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:31 pm

Tried buying a beretta PX4 storm yesterday . Pyramyd accepted my order and then cancelled the order saying it cannot ship to India . This really sucks .
If you want to shoot , shoot . Don't talk .....

striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by striker » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:35 pm

pyramdy air ships internationally but the problem lies between the FedEx and the Indian customs .

reply from pyramdyair
I would recommend calling FedEx. You're asking questions we don't have answers to. Our reason to customers is that it is a Customs issue.

Pyramyd Air ships products internationally, but many countries have restrictions on our items. At the current time, India's Custom Regulations allow us to only ship accessories. We are unable to ship anything that shoots, and any type of ammo or pellets at this time. We ship internationally with FedEx, and know that FedEx is working to resolve the issues.

Jerry

vmsr66
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by vmsr66 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:08 pm

striker wrote:pyramdy air ships internationally but the problem lies between the FedEx and the Indian customs .

reply from pyramdyair
I would recommend calling FedEx. You're asking questions we don't have answers to. Our reason to customers is that it is a Customs issue.

Pyramyd Air ships products internationally, but many countries have restrictions on our items. At the current time, India's Custom Regulations allow us to only ship accessories. We are unable to ship anything that shoots, and any type of ammo or pellets at this time. We ship internationally with FedEx, and know that FedEx is working to resolve the issues.

Jerry
Good evening!

Wishing all members a very happy Diwali! I am Madhusudan Rao. I bought a Beretta Elite 2 (.177 BB gun) CO2 air gun from seller "coolstuffhere" through website "iOffer.com" for Rs.8575/- (inclusive of all charges). Placed order on Sept 19, 2014 and received it on 08 Oct 2014 through US Postal Service. At the time of placing order, I was not member of any rifle club /Assn. Now I am a member of Krishna District Rifle Association, Vijayawada. By God's grace I received it without any hassle.

Regards,

Madhusudan Rao

shashidhar_murthy
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by shashidhar_murthy » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:23 am

vmsr66 wrote:
striker wrote:pyramdy air ships internationally but the problem lies between the FedEx and the Indian customs .

reply from pyramdyair

Jerry
Good evening!

Wishing all members a very happy Diwali! I am Madhusudan Rao. I bought a Beretta Elite 2 (.177 BB gun) CO2 air gun from seller "coolstuffhere" through website "iOffer.com" for Rs.8575/- (inclusive of all charges). Placed order on Sept 19, 2014 and received it on 08 Oct 2014 through US Postal Service. At the time of placing order, I was not member of any rifle club /Assn. Now I am a member of Krishna District Rifle Association, Vijayawada. By God's grace I received it without any hassle.

Regards,

Madhusudan Rao
Hello Madhusudan,

Welcome and congratulations on getting your Beretta Elite BB gun. You can post your introduction on the intro forum, folks would be interested in getting to know you better :)

And one quick question: did you pay any customs duty for the delivery of your BB gun? And you did not need any membership to get it?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:14 am

Have ordered an air pistol on a fellow IFG member and a close friends club membership. It is close to three weeks and our indian customs is yet to clear the consignment!! Have the most reserved and explicit adjectives for them right now...
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

ebenezer
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by ebenezer » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:02 am

kshitij wrote:Have ordered an air pistol on a fellow IFG member and a close friends club membership. It is close to three weeks and our indian customs is yet to clear the consignment!! Have the most reserved and explicit adjectives for them right now...
Which airport is this, Kshitij? And which courier?