Airgun Purchase - Help Needed (Bangalore)

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
TRD
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Airgun Purchase - Help Needed (Bangalore)

Post by TRD » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:16 pm

Hi I am from Bangalore. I came across this site sometime back when I reacquired my taste for guns... Like I said in one of my posts I used to shoot with one of my uncle's gun when I was young, but now I wanna start buying and practicing myself. I was looking at buying an airgun or two in Bangalore and I put up a post a while back on the forum, I was suggested by one of the good folks in the forum to contact Mr. Mack The Knife as he is an expert and is in Bangalore as well and seek his advise.
I sent him a couple of PMs but didn't hear from him! I am sure he must be busy or maybe my PM wasn't worded correctly and I offended him (I'm sorry if I have), I'm not really sure, either way I didn't hear from him! So I basically am pasting a portion of the PM I sent to him on this thread so maybe someone from Bangalore can offer me some advise.

"I wanted to buy a rifle and pistol, preferably a .22 cal. Where is a good place to buy from in Bangalore? What gun do you suggest I go for? When it comes to pistol I was looking for either a Berratta or a Walter! I know looks should be secondary on my list, but when it comes to pistol, I want it to look cool as well...
Also, one of my friends has a pistol (not sure of the make) but he says the aim needs to be fixed and wanted to know who in Bangalore can repair it.

I was suggested I take an expert with me while buying a gun! I don't know any hence asking you for advise. I know you might be busy but any suggestions you offer will be really helpful. Thanks a ton...

Thanks in advance"

:)
Guns don't kill people! People kill people...

For Advertising mail webmaster
kitty
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Airgun Purchase - Help Needed (Bangalore)

Post by kitty » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:31 am

Hi You can visit KOVI shop near manipal center Bangalore (They shifted from JP nagar.). There you can meet Mr.Ganapati. Very good person to deal with. I once purchased a .22 IHP and got my other .22 air rifles repaired and re powered from him and they all are flawless. You can get the address in the forum directory.

Krishna

TRD
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by TRD » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:37 am

Thanks Krishna :)

I've heard of that shop on this forum and it seems to always come accompanied with a good comment! Will call them up tomorrow...

About the IHP guns, are they any good? I am hearing mixed reactions bout them on the forum, some say it is okay and a lot of people say it is not good and it is a waste of money! I think Mack The Knife said that in one of his posts!

What other guns could I look for? I have an budget of about 7k!

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:08 am

Mr. Ganapati is no longer associated with Kovi Shop. You can contact Mr. Dominick he is helpful and will be able to assist with your requirements.

IHP is good and if i'm not mistaken they do have a few in stock now.
For your budget IHP will be the best buy as of now.

Kovi Shop
121 dickenson road,
The Estate Buildings
Bangalore - 42
Phone No. - 25598485

Landmark - Behind Tanishq Jewellers
Next to Manipal Centre.
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

kitty
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by kitty » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:04 pm

Hi Sniper.. thanks for the update. I dint know Mr.Ganapati is no longer in KOVI.

By the way... Mr.Dominic himself is a very good gun smith with lot of experience. TRD.... u can also get your gun repaired from him.

IHP .22 is a very good Indian made Air Rifle (my opinion) and good for your budjet too. You can also try M300 under lever Air rifle from aimco.co.in. a thread in this forum is giving some good positive feed back on it.

I bought M200 from aimco. Even though the gun was`nt so power full it is acurate and the people from aimco are really very nice people to deal with them. They are fast and economical. You can give a try. I am also planning to buy M300 very soon.

Regards,
Krishna

-- Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:11 --

Just now I called KOVI....

They do not have stock of .22 IHP. But they have .177 IHP. Hatrick sports in gandhi nagar have some .22 under lever smooth bore air rifles the brand name is "SMITH" and other one they have is SISCO.

Regards,
Krishna.

TRD
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by TRD » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:14 pm

Krishna,
What is the difference between M200 and M300 excepting for the under lever? The price seems to almost double between the two... Is the under lever really that better than a break barrel?

Someone from the forum is offering an IHP .22 Rifle for 3K (says it is in good condition), I want to go check that out in the next few days as well.

Any advise on pistols? Like I said I was looking for something that looks nice as well! Not much idea about them! I saw Aimco had a few airpistols, but they are Blanca airpistols and shot BB shots! Looks decent, but doesn't seem like much of a shooting tool! like just shooting paper targets and stuff and the effective distance they say is only 6mts!!! Anybody use them before or suggest anything else?

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:24 pm

Totally avoid blanca, its a pos. Buy an IHP compressed air pistol if you want a match pistol. IHP air rifles are the most decent of the lot.
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

TRD
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by TRD » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:34 pm

LOL...

Thanks for the quick response Dev! I kinda felt the same way, for some reason the Blanca looked like a glorified airsoft gun to me :)

kitty
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by kitty » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:26 pm

Well said dev.... :)

Actually the eagerness in having an air pistol which looks like original one...., I bought Blanca from CITY GUN house Bangalore. That day I shot around 50 BB`s and felt just like you said..., TRD.... "Glorified AIRSOFT".
It couldn’t even punch through 2mm tin foil of oil can from the distance of just 5mtrs, forget about 6mtrs. Same day it fell to ground from the height of two and half feets...and it broke.
Despite of repeated advice from forum, I purchased it and felt ashamed even to share my experience. :roll:

so.. Final verdict “DONT EVEN LOOK AT BLANCA".

As far as under lever is concerned with M300... forum says it’s more accurate and this m300 is more powerful but heavy. I am personally not experienced with this under lever. So I am thinking to buy one.

M200 is heavier than IHP and Gun stock is very good. I inter changed the stocks of IHP and M200. Now my IHP looks good and shoots good too.
At the time I purchased IHP from KOVI, it was priced at Rs.3300/- an year and half ago. Now .177 IHP in KOVI costs you Rs.5381/- (As Mr. Dominic from KOVI said).

I got my all the guns re powered from KOVI with new seals and Gsmith springs. Now all of them shoots very good. But IHP shoots exceptionally Good.

My vote goes to IHP .22.

Regards,
Krishna

ramtiger
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by ramtiger » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:15 pm

kitty wrote: M200 is heavier than IHP and Gun stock is very good. I inter changed the stocks of IHP and M200. Now my IHP looks good and shoots good too.
Regards,
Krishna
hi kitty,
can post your M200 and IHP rifle photos with inter changed stock

roshith_ar
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by roshith_ar » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:39 pm

I would like to know whether the m200 is available for sale in Bangalore or Cochin. I enquired about it in Kovi shop, Bangalore and he told me he doesn't sell those. I would like to buy the m200. I checked the aimco site also. It says out of stock.

randomaxis
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by randomaxis » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:41 pm

You could checkout Aswad Shariff of Bangalore Gun House. He is pretty organised and has some Airguns and air pistols. His response is good.

pradeepshetty
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by pradeepshetty » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:17 pm

TRD wrote:Krishna,
What is the difference between M200 and M300 excepting for the under lever? The price seems to almost double between the two... Is the under lever really that better than a break barrel?

Someone from the forum is offering an IHP .22 Rifle for 3K (says it is in good condition), I want to go check that out in the next few days as well.

Any advise on pistols? Like I said I was looking for something that looks nice as well! Not much idea about them! I saw Aimco had a few airpistols, but they are Blanca airpistols and shot BB shots! Looks decent, but doesn't seem like much of a shooting tool! like just shooting paper targets and stuff and the effective distance they say is only 6mts!!! Anybody use them before or suggest anything else?
Hello guys..i am from bangalore and i am new to this group..i like to buy airgun as well as a rifle ,so which is best go for me?my budget is 5k to 8k (any members with used airgun can ping me)

Shabaz
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Shabaz » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:48 am

Hi guys I'm new here !! I want to buy an air rifle in less price and should be 900 to 1000fps..please help me .

Bullo oka
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Bullo oka » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:07 pm

Shabaz wrote:Hi guys I'm new here !! I want to buy an air rifle in less price and should be 900 to 1000fps..please help me .
I bought Precihole NX100 Polaris for 18000 + 800 for precihole Rounhead pellets From offline vendor & its 800FPS.
Dunno the price in your area.