Buying advice final.

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
vedula1995
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Buying advice final.

Post by vedula1995 » Mon May 22, 2017 11:36 am

Hello IFGians

Sorry for spamming with the third thread on buying advice because the last one were made in a span of a month and is in graveyard of this site,since BUMPing them wouldn't revive it,I thought the best would be to make a new one.

I have finalized my budget around Rs 7500,and since VX 100 was the pivot of my budget I thought why not be patient and catalogue the set of rifle I can afford,here is a list with the respected Websites,please suggest me one on the given price range.

- Precihole VX100 Value Max Air Rifle 4.5 mm (0.177 cal)
http://www.huligun.com/Precihole-VX100- ... 81683.html

- SDB Gennex Walnut Air Rifle - 0.177 Calibre
http://anissharmoury.com/productdetails.php?PID=MTQx

- AK 550 Model Under Lever (0.177Cal/4.5mm)
http://www.kovibazaar.com/ak550?filter_ ... 1&limit=75

- IHP National 35 Model Fiber Butt (0.177cal /4.5mm)
http://www.kovibazaar.com/airguns/calib ... cal--5.5mm

- IHP National 35 Model Wooden Butt (0.177cal / 4.5mm)
http://www.kovibazaar.com/airguns/calib ... 77cal-45mm

Since I am not acquainted with the FPS and other dimensions,I want you to help me with narrowing down the list,and please provide a brief on why I should buy this over others,my default choice is Precihole VX100,but I will switch if I am convinced by a response of a native member who speaks the language of guns.

:D :D :D
Personally I think everyone should be given the right to protect himself,consider this,you are walking down in Howrah Terminal and you keep your senses at your pocket,for what? Rs 500? Now consider the value of your life,if it has some value or even more than that of Rs 500 it needs protection,not owning a firearm is equally dangerous as leaving your door wide open until you are living in Soviet Russia or Shani Shingnapur.

For Advertising mail webmaster
nitroex700
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Buying advice final.

Post by nitroex700 » Mon May 22, 2017 11:51 am

Go with Precihole, currently it is the only Indian manufactured gun with 2-stage trigger. I think it should be roughly comparable to the Orion model of Precihole in terms of firing cycle, though I have no references for this.

SDB Gennex and AARMR Hurricane are other guns in the price range - both have their strengths and weaknesses. SDB is a very light, smooth firing and accurate gun. However materials quality is average, no anti-rust coating and power is 7-8fpe reportedly.

Hurricane has nearly twice as much power, good build quality, extremely sturdy, cerakote coating and very accurate even at extreme distances. However it is also 750g-1kg heavier, needs lot of technique and practice to shoot and better suited for shooting from a rest.

Buy the guns from original manufacturer instead of some dealer or website, you will get them MUCH CHEAPER.

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Mon May 22, 2017 1:37 pm

The VX100 trigger is by no means a 2 stage trigger. The NX & SX have a spring plunger which give them somewhat a spongy 2 stage, and the trigger is not at all predictable. If VX is your primary choice, go ahead with it, you can't go wrong with it, but don't buy it based on the fact that it is the only rifle with two stage trigger.IMHO The SDB GenNex trigger is much better than PH triggers. Not that trigger is the most important aspect while buying a new rifle, but thought of informing the facts to you.
"Aim small, miss small."

vedula1995
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by vedula1995 » Mon May 22, 2017 3:05 pm

sam 47 wrote:The VX100 trigger is by no means a 2 stage trigger. The NX & SX have a spring plunger which give them somewhat a spongy 2 stage, and the trigger is not at all predictable. If VX is your primary choice, go ahead with it, you can't go wrong with it, but don't buy it based on the fact that it is the only rifle with two stage trigger.IMHO The SDB GenNex trigger is much better than PH triggers. Not that trigger is the most important aspect while buying a new rifle, but thought of informing the facts to you.
Noted,@sam 47 what would you choose given the budget of Rs 8K? Given I have 30 m field at disposal? Is VX good velocity and range wise?
SDB Gennex and AARMR Hurricane are other guns in the price range - both have their strengths and weaknesses. SDB is a very light, smooth firing and accurate gun. However materials quality is average, no anti-rust coating and power is 7-8fpe reportedly.
Well how to say it,see brother you might be having velocity and target as your priority me on the other hand? I want my gun to at least look like Call of Juarez Injun tier firearm,no offense but the Hurricane looks like its coming straight out of Mithun Chokroborty movie,not trying to mock you,just an opinion that's it.

And for anyone who has VX 100 with them for a while,how is the maintenance? Are there any drawbacks that I need to know about be-forehead?
And for anyone wondering I will just add it here,Precihole doesn't supply via their official Website,you have to contact the dealer for that purpose,Aimco is the only option I have and Koovibazar.com is good I guess,I don't know :roll:
Personally I think everyone should be given the right to protect himself,consider this,you are walking down in Howrah Terminal and you keep your senses at your pocket,for what? Rs 500? Now consider the value of your life,if it has some value or even more than that of Rs 500 it needs protection,not owning a firearm is equally dangerous as leaving your door wide open until you are living in Soviet Russia or Shani Shingnapur.

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Mon May 22, 2017 3:41 pm

It would either be the VX or GenNex. Both are adequate enough to 30 meters. There are reviews about both on the forum to help you make a choice.
About maintenance, almost all air rifles have a blued metal finish & need nothing but a wipe down with an oiled cloth to prevent rust and keep it in pristine working condition.
"Aim small, miss small."

vedula1995
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by vedula1995 » Mon May 22, 2017 3:45 pm

sam 47 wrote:It would either be the VX or GenNex. Both are adequate enough to 30 meters. There are reviews about both on the forum to help you make a choice.
About maintenance, almost all air rifles have a blued metal finish & need nothing but a wipe down with an oiled cloth to prevent rust and keep it in pristine working condition.
Aye Aye Captain.

EDIT - I will update after my purchase :roll: :roll: :wink:

GABAR
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by GABAR » Wed May 24, 2017 11:28 am

Guys I m also confused between VX100 AND GENNEX which is best between this two guns.

Sent from my Lenovo K33a42 using Tapatalk

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Wed May 24, 2017 1:51 pm

Dear GABAR,

The moment you determine your purpose , the confusion will evaporate.

VX is more powerful than GenNex.
VX has synthetic stock as against wood of GenNex.
VX weight is 3.1 kgs , GenNex is around 2.7 Kgs.
VX is longer than GenNex.
VX has higher cocking effort than GenNex.

Feel/Shooting comfort/carrying is very nice in GenNex.
Both the ARs are pretty accurate .
If you want more power , go for VX , else go for GenNex.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Wed May 24, 2017 2:28 pm

My two cents.....

I really don't know from where the "rust proof" idea comes from. However good a blueing is, your gun not rusting boils down to how you maintain it.
If i ever but an AARMAR, I will change the stock and...... voila a nice gun.
Not commenting on the triggers of PH or the GenNex as i have shot neither, but trigger plays a very important role. The smoother the better.

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

nitroex700
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by nitroex700 » Wed May 24, 2017 5:49 pm

Basu wrote:Dear GABAR,

The moment you determine your purpose , the confusion will evaporate.

VX is more powerful than GenNex.
VX has synthetic stock as against wood of GenNex.
VX weight is 3.1 kgs , GenNex is around 2.7 Kgs.
VX is longer than GenNex.
VX has higher cocking effort than GenNex.

Feel/Shooting comfort/carrying is very nice in GenNex.
Both the ARs are pretty accurate .
If you want more power , go for VX , else go for GenNex.

Basu
VX-100 is also the only Indian gun with 2-stage trigger! :)
Big Daddy wrote:My two cents.....

I really don't know from where the "rust proof" idea comes from. However good a blueing is, your gun not rusting boils down to how you maintain it.
If i ever but an AARMAR, I will change the stock and...... voila a nice gun.
Not commenting on the triggers of PH or the GenNex as i have shot neither, but trigger plays a very important role. The smoother the better.

BD
The anti-rust coating on Precihole guns is far superior to any blueing and less maintainance intensive. Hurricane's cerakoting is even sturdier, it has withstood my thorough field abuse thus far with flying colours...

Hurricane is best suited for shooting from a bag rest. I shoot prone mostly and its stock feels alright. Its a matter of getting used to for conventional stock users. Most modern bolt action chasses come with a grip. Its balance point is towards the front slightly due to its ultra long compression tube and barrel. That may be fixed by inserting some weights in the hollow butt stock if offhand shooting for long hours is the main purpose. Scope also improves it.
For some people its pull length maybe shorter and can be extended by replacing recoilpad screws with longer ones. I use it as is. My height is 5'11".

GABAR
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by GABAR » Wed May 24, 2017 6:19 pm

Dear Basu sir
Thank u Basu sir for the advice
But the VX100 claims that it produce 800 fps is it true and if it not than what is the velocity ?

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Wed May 24, 2017 8:56 pm

Dear GABAR,
Regarding velocity of VX , I do not have any data to put before you.
Any day VX is quicker than GenNex.
The SimpChrony data of GenNex with various pellets already posted on the forum.
If you prefer velocity over shooting pleasure , go for VX.
And if you prefer over all pleasure , there is none other than GenNex.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

GABAR
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by GABAR » Wed May 24, 2017 9:59 pm

Dear Basu sir
Thank u for replying and
I had ordered my first air rifle today and I will also share my grouping as soon as I will get my airgun.If any one has vx100 please share the velocity.

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Thu May 25, 2017 1:12 am

nitroex700 wrote: The anti-rust coating on Precihole guns is far superior to any blueing and less maintainance intensive. Hurricane's cerakoting is even sturdier, it has withstood my thorough field abuse thus far with flying colours...
You are absolutely right. The point i made is, even the best blueing will rust if not maintained. I have helped a friend blue a Marauder and very recently a RWS 34 which was much much younger than my 34. My 34 looks like it came out of the factory yesterday in spite of it being 5 years old and several 1000 shots, rain drenched etc. The Marauder and the RWS have far superior blueing than the PH or SDB, yet lack of maintenance scard them. Another point in case, my Cannon 65 (Kolkata made) has better blueing than my 350 magnum because the 350 was not shown enough love.

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

vedula1995
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by vedula1995 » Thu May 25, 2017 1:46 am

GABAR wrote:Dear Basu sir
Thank u for replying and
I had ordered my first air rifle today and I will also share my grouping as soon as I will get my airgun.If any one has vx100 please share the velocity.

Which one GABAR? I have ordered VX 100 its in Transit,will post the test resulst and unboxing pictures ASAP.