A truly noble fish...

Got some old "Shikaar" tales to share? Found a great new spot to Fish? Any interesting camping experiences? Discussion of Back-packing, Bicycling, Boating, National Parks, Wildlife, Outdoor Cooking & Recipes etc.
Forum rules
PLEASE NOTE: There is currently a complete ban on Hunting/ Shikar in India. IFG DOES NOT ALLOW any posts of an illegal nature, and anyone making such posts will face immediate disciplinary measures.
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: A truly noble fish...

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:53 pm

Now I am no longer scared. I am an inch taller and about two kilos paunchier anyway to avoid taking chances with you...
Discount my sharp tongue and mercurial temper at your peril. ;)

Asif was saddled with about 100 Americans since the 14th. I think the conference got over yesterday, so we should see him on board once he has caught up on a few zzzzz's.

Mack The Knife

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:59 pm

Hi Abhijeet,

I will be on a jolly but thought you poor slobs may have your noses to the grind stone, so picked a weekend.

Apart from the 27th, I am okay to go anytime you chaps decide. I'll leave the details to you chaps.

Will PM you my cell and NOIDA number and look forward to the bullshit session. :mrgreen:

Mack The Knife

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:51 pm

Did I tell you that the average Delhi guy has a layer of soot and pollution that creates skin like that of a boar? So I double dare ya ;-).

regards,

Dev
Mack The Knife Bana";p="6211 wrote:
Now I am no longer scared. I am an inch taller and about two kilos paunchier anyway to avoid taking chances with you...
Discount my sharp tongue and mercurial temper at your peril. ;)

Asif was saddled with about 100 Americans since the 14th. I think the conference got over yesterday, so we should see him on board once he has caught up on a few zzzzz's.

Mack The Knife
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:47 pm

Congrats Mack The Knife, Finally you did it!
Guys, I saw a 9kg Rohu take pratap and that fiberglass coracle for what looked like a ski ride-we had to paddle over and give them our paddle-Yup, I guess they were up the creek without a paddle ...awesome power! me? I'm happy with the toxic cats!
I guess Rusty always gets the regulation 'DINNER' murral? wish I was there...
Best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:37 pm

I guess Rusty always gets the regulation 'DINNER' murral?
Asif, we released all of them.

However, Don Smith's post on Indian Angler regarding murral in mahseer spawning grounds has me worried. See similarly titled thread in the Mahseer section on IA.

Mack The Knife

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:50 pm

I saw a 9kg Rohu take pratap and that fiberglass coracle for what looked like a ski ride
:idea: I think I will get a spear gun before I start fishing :lol:

penpusher

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:06 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="6184 wrote:Navdeep,

Who is that and does he live close to penpusher? If so, I could request him to teach penpusher.

Mack The Knife
Mack The Knife, His name is Ashok and he is from Panchkula. He goes by the handle "ashokpkl" at IA.

penpusher,

I am not sure but I think they allowed angling at Sukhna Lake some time back, just check coz I may be wrong.

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:23 pm

Yes I was right.. Angling is open on Sukhna Lake. It’s like a back yard for you penpusher.

Here is the good news: http://www.tribuneindia.com/2006/20060108/cth1.htm#2

I read some where that Mr Rodrigues himself is a big fan of angling. That’s what happens when you have a sensible person on the chair. Way to go Rodrigues... :)

Here's the link with fish species etc:

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2006/20060902/cth1.htm#5

"In the evening, most of the fish vendors could be seen selling their stock in the fish markets at Bapu Dham and other labour colonies at cheap rates"

Its kinda bad news also but still i am sure there will be something to catch just for learning.

-Inder
PS: Just an Idea, why don't you people try for Sukhna when Mack The Knife is there. You can have a IFG meet at chandigarh :D
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:25 pm

penpusher,
Another one bites the dust?
Hook line and sinker-et tu?
Welcome to the madness again-yeah, its Ashok on IA for dadupur etc.
Mack The Knife, I might be bachelored by 27th Dec, so no sweat, will PM
penpusher, a friend of mine from Mohali also told me about fishing being restarted in PONG dam-(whats Pong mean in saddi punjabi?)
Best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:33 am

Just an Idea, why don't you people try for Sukhna when Mack The Knife is there. You can have a IFG meet at chandigarh.
Maybe difficult this time Inder. Got six days in Delhi and if I hook for two...on the other hand, I probably wont be missed. Will have to play this by ear. Asif, want to go across and meet penpusher and dip a line or two? How many hours to Chandigarh by road? I have forgotten. 6'ish?

Thanks for the name. However, penpusher tells me he has a relative who is going to show him the ropes, so that problem seems to be sorted.

Mack The Knife

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:57 am

[quote="Mack The Knife Bana";p="6328 How many hours to Chandigarh by road? I have forgotten. 6'ish?
Mack The Knife[/quote]

On 9th Jan 2004 exactly eight days before my marriage I did Delhi to Ambala in exact 2h:50m on my beloved Bullet and that was a very foggy day...ah those were the days :( . Chandigarh is 45kms from Ambala. Total 245kms. I think you can easily do it in 4 or 4.5 hours.

-Inder

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:00 am

Thanks. We could make a day trip out of it then. Probably drag Abhijeet along and get him hooked on fishing as well?

If we leave at 5 a.m., the water should have warmed up a bit by 11 a.m. and we can head back after sunset.

What say chaps?

Mack The Knife
Last edited by Mack The Knife on Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:07 am

5 A.M.! :shock: Well, so long as I don't have to drive... am kinda partial to napping while at the wheel... :wink:

Sure sounds like a plan... I know nothing about fishing - but am always game to try out something new!

This also will be the first time all of the (India based) moderators at IFG actually meet in person... will be looking forward to this! :)

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:26 am

Congratulations on your coming get together, gentlemen!

Do remember to post plenty of pics for us lesser types who cannot make it there. :D

Best wishes and do have fun!

Mehul

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:53 pm

Nice one, Abhijeet! Let's do it!

Even if Chandigarh does not materialise, we can go somewhere else - Toxic Greens (Hindon), if need be.

I will bring a spare rod and reel for you.

penpusher, will you be free on the 28th or 29th? Also, could you check if fishing is permitted at that time of year and what is the general bait being used and for what type of fish. Would probably save us some time and make it possible for us to get some action.

Abhijeet, I assure you, you will be wide awake if I take the wheel. :mrgreen: Just joking, I am a safe driver. Honest!

Mack The Knife
Last edited by Mack The Knife on Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.