Legal Hunting in United States of America (USA)

Got some old "Shikaar" tales to share? Found a great new spot to Fish? Any interesting camping experiences? Discussion of Back-packing, Bicycling, Boating, National Parks, Wildlife, Outdoor Cooking & Recipes etc.
Forum rules
PLEASE NOTE: There is currently a complete ban on Hunting/ Shikar in India. IFG DOES NOT ALLOW any posts of an illegal nature, and anyone making such posts will face immediate disciplinary measures.
NairSaab
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Legal Hunting in United States of America (USA)

Post by NairSaab » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:31 am

Friends, lets do legal hunting of Deer / Bear / Elk and other exotics in USA. Many people do not know that there is legal hunting in USA, Canada, NZ and some African countries. I just came back from a hunting trip in Michigan, USA. We can hunt Whitetail deer / Elk / Bear and many local species and also exotics (including Blackbuck). This is possible during season in public lands after buying licenses and tags. Hunting is also done throughout the year in private high fence lands without any license. We can also do taxidermy and import the hunting trophy to India (I am in the process of doing it), as long as there are no "look alike species" in India and there is a restriction of about 20 trophies in a year. Total cost including return airfare, 6-7 nights stay, guns etc will come to about 3 lakh to 4 lakh INR maximum. If anyone is interested please contact me. Next trip I plan to make in mid February 2018 (before the antlers are shed) and also by then I hope to have my hunting trophy import permits ready.
Doing my bit for conservation in India :D (y)

For Advertising mail webmaster
peacelover
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Legal Hunting in United States of America (USA)

Post by peacelover » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:21 pm

Nair saab .very nice buck saab,will surely take your advice If I ever go.This years fun budget is gone :-)

NairSaab
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Legal Hunting in United States of America (USA)

Post by NairSaab » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:33 pm

I received a confirmation from the CCF of my state saying I have been denied hunting trophy import permit :( Will post the letter once I get it in hand.
It seems since the last 6 months they have a zero tolerance policy towards import of hunting trophy and are even encouraging return to government or destruction of hunting trophies already present in homes etc.
It seems that the CCF is the final authority on the permission and it is on his sole discretion that a permit can be issued.
A sad state of affairs for trophy lovers indeed.