DRONE TO TRACK MANEATER.........

Got some old "Shikaar" tales to share? Found a great new spot to Fish? Any interesting camping experiences? Discussion of Back-packing, Bicycling, Boating, National Parks, Wildlife, Outdoor Cooking & Recipes etc.
Forum rules
PLEASE NOTE: There is currently a complete ban on Hunting/ Shikar in India. IFG DOES NOT ALLOW any posts of an illegal nature, and anyone making such posts will face immediate disciplinary measures.
mercury
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

DRONE TO TRACK MANEATER.........

Post by mercury » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:54 am

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city ... 966239.cms

i do understand the need for technology...and that ultimately there will have to be foot steps on the ground to bring closure......

BUT..

are we loosing the thrill of the chase...

skill and wood craft...

or am i just a grumpy old man with a hangover ( colonial and the week end extra !! )
Throw me to the wolves....I will return leading the pack.

For Advertising mail webmaster
SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: DRONE TO TRACK MANEATER.........

Post by SMJ » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:28 pm

Mercury, the same questions as you come to mind..... but on the other hand I suppose technology will at least ensure the right animal is positively identified!

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Re: DRONE TO TRACK MANEATER.........

Post by essdee1972 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:26 pm

Wildlife board member = son of minister ==> drone supplied by friend........ is it only me, or is someone else also reading too much between the lines? What kind of private citizen owns a drone in India? I need to make more friends with ministers' kiddos, I think!!
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley