The Motorcycle Touring Thread

Got some old "Shikaar" tales to share? Found a great new spot to Fish? Any interesting camping experiences? Discussion of Back-packing, Bicycling, Boating, National Parks, Wildlife, Outdoor Cooking & Recipes etc.
Forum rules
PLEASE NOTE: There is currently a complete ban on Hunting/ Shikar in India. IFG DOES NOT ALLOW any posts of an illegal nature, and anyone making such posts will face immediate disciplinary measures.
AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

The Motorcycle Touring Thread

Post by AgentDoubleS » Sun May 17, 2015 1:17 pm

Considering how many fellow members have been (or are) active motorcyclists I thought of starting a new thread altogether for motorcycling pictures and experiences. I've shared a recent motorcycle trip on the thread http://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopic ... 18&t=23207.

Here are some more pictures from a recent trip to Nainital:

Nainital Calling:

The Bonneville with a Chir Tree in the background:

The Sal Forests that our fellow member Prashant so fondly mentions in his man eater hunting stories:

The twisties near Kaladhungi:

My wife, an extremely supportive better half! :

Some interesting saddle bags and consignments!

Some pictures from Jaipur and Udaipur:

Lake Pichola, Udaipur:

On the way to Monsoon Palace:

A view from Monsoon Palace, Udaipur. Lake Pichola on the right and Fatehsagar Lake on the left and a Bollywood star in the middle :mrgreen: :

A trip to Alwar, Rajasthan:

Feel free to add your pics... I'll keep posting more as the miles keep piling on...amen!

Cheers,
SS

For Advertising mail webmaster
Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Re: The Motorcycle Touring Thread

Post by Basu » Sun May 17, 2015 2:14 pm

Dear SS,
This is a wonderful thread you kicked off.
This has always been my passion but nothing materialised.
At this age , I will be very keen to read such posts.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

astronomy.domaine
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by astronomy.domaine » Sun May 17, 2015 4:41 pm

Wow! Brings back memories of my wild RD-350 days! Did Delhi/Corbett/Kaladhungi/Nainital circuit a few times. And also the Delhi/Manali/Rohtang/Leh grind! Your Bonnville is an absolute beauty!
"...there is no spoon..."!

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Sun May 17, 2015 6:02 pm

Great to see you having fun in life, on this beautiful motorcycle of yours. My wife dosn't allow me to buy a Bullet even though I have promised her that I will ride it only on Sundays and up to the market only (about 500 mtrs from my house).
Some people have all the luck.

Regards

Atul

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Mon May 18, 2015 12:20 am

SS wrote:A view from Monsoon Palace, Udaipur. Lake Pichola on the right and Fatehsagar Lake on the left and a Bollywood star in the middle :mrgreen: :
I am hoping to see the video of your dancing, replete with the Hritik moves that make you look like you're made of rubber! :-) :-) :-)

That would, indeed, be a first here at IFG!

You wouldn't even need more than 10 fingers to get my kudos!

Seriously, your great pics are very much appreciated. It would be wonderful to take such a trip with my loved Spouse, but in our old age, her back would not permit even thinking about riding a bike. I gave mine to my older Son a couple of years ago -- the time had come. Enjoy while you can, SS: few in the world can enjoy a lovely Wife, a lovely view of spectacular scenery, or a lovely machine, like you do.

Just looking at your pics makes me hope that I can see such sights in person some day. Thanks for letting us appreciate them, and more are always welcomed by this member!
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Mon May 18, 2015 5:32 am

Congrats mate great bike and looking forwards to posts..never knew Triumph bike was in India. Cheers

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Mon May 18, 2015 11:23 am

Thats awesome.i too was a biker during my college days.
on triumph, thats even cool.post more pictures friend
regards
dr.jk

AgentDoubleS

Post by AgentDoubleS » Mon May 18, 2015 10:09 pm

Thank you gentlemen, glad you enjoyed the pics. Will try to keep this thread updated with pictures as the touring continues..

Timmy, your intricate knowledge of bollywood amazes me! ..you know the count of fingers!$##$#!!! The bike was bought knowing the motorcycling touring days would not last forever, so decided to put another 40,000 kms on an already aging car and got the Triumph instead. Haven't regretted the decision.

Atul, it took a lot of hard work and patience to get lucky..keep at it and you might just get lucky too.

Ngrewal, Triumph is a making a comeback to India after many decades but doesn't enjoy the same popularity as the Harley.

Astronomy.domaine, would love to see the pics of the Leh grind. Its been on the top of my list. I hope it materialises this year.

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Mon May 18, 2015 11:41 pm

SS, Looking forward to further pics of your tour.

Regards

Atul

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Tue May 19, 2015 8:47 am

Agent SS!
Another scintillating after action report.
Well Done!
Having Agent 99 ride along with you, doesn't hurt either.

You brought back memories of when my wife and I used to ride around together.
Unfortunately with so many things happening lately, the old XS 1100 has languished in the garage for a few seasons.

Love your photos. Keep up the good work.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Tue May 19, 2015 11:02 am

Great pics, Agent Double S! You are doubly lucky - one to have a supporting better half, and second to have the spirit to take these rides!

Keep up the show, bro!
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

AgentDoubleS

Post by AgentDoubleS » Tue May 19, 2015 7:59 pm

xl_target wrote: Having Agent 99 ride along with you, doesn't hurt either.
I think Agent 99 will be very happy to see this comment :D

Essdee- I hope the wheels keep rolling and the wife continues to remain supportive!

Cheers,
AgentDoubleS

Baljit
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Baljit » Tue May 19, 2015 8:40 pm

Wow !! That's amazing and very nice pictures.
Looking forward for more pictures and story.

Baljit

astronomy.domaine
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by astronomy.domaine » Wed May 20, 2015 6:03 am

@ SS - unfortunately i don't have the pics for the laddakh trip on me. But i can totally vouch that its the most scenic and also challenging biking routes you can do! We were a group of 7 on 3 Enfields and 2 RD-350s., and deliberately slowed down after crossing rohtang pass , to be able to soak in the surreal landscape! Followed the chandra river valley and camped on the river bank at Jispa for the night before covering the final leg to leh the next day. You can get good camping gear for hire at manali if you want to spend time exploring the region. The stark barren beauty of the land is absolutely mesmerising!!! Hope you get to experience it soon!
"...there is no spoon..."!

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Wed May 20, 2015 11:45 am

What tailbag are you using and what straps? I am also looking for a tailbab. Was thinking of Viaterra Claw but then have to sacrifice pillion. I want something which can be used with Viaterra Leh.

Bonneville is best looking bike on Indian roads right now (if you leave over-prices HD big boys). Congrats..
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...