Living in Harmony with Nature!

Got some old "Shikaar" tales to share? Found a great new spot to Fish? Any interesting camping experiences? Discussion of Back-packing, Bicycling, Boating, National Parks, Wildlife, Outdoor Cooking & Recipes etc.
Forum rules
PLEASE NOTE: There is currently a complete ban on Hunting/ Shikar in India. IFG DOES NOT ALLOW any posts of an illegal nature, and anyone making such posts will face immediate disciplinary measures.
wildhoghunter
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Living in Harmony with Nature!

Post by wildhoghunter » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:57 pm

brihacharan wrote:Hi Guys,
After going through the responses I have strongly come to believe that....
Camping, Trekking & Nature appreciation be made an integral part of the curriculum in all schools.
The way our forest wealth (Flora & Fauna) is being depleted, our present day youth & the future generation stand to lose what nature has bestowed upon us for survival & sustenance....
My sincere request to all those who have never visited a 'Game Sanctuary' is to take a trip to one of those spread across the country & spend a week & am sure that you will return a different person...
I fondly remember the days when a boy came of age, was presented with a 'pen knife', taught to whittle wood, tie a rope, pitch a tent, light a camp fire and preliminary survival techniques etc....
Today it pains me to see teenagers spending time playing video games, texting on their cell phones & lazing about / hanging out... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Wake up guys, there's a whole new world outside your city - go...discover...listen...enjoy....reflect, there's more to life :D
Briha
Thank you for sharing sir

As you said there's a whole new world outside the city. Let us go, discover ,enjoy and let us bring back all our garbage back with us (beer tins, plastic etc).
Thank you.

For Advertising mail webmaster
jatindra Singh Deo
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by jatindra Singh Deo » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:21 am

Having really grownup literally a stones throw from a forest ,was bought up on camping and hiking .Now after a decade of life in the concrete jungle of metros ,now and then the memories literally pinch when I see such thought provoking posts Brihaji ! Feels like ,leaving all that behind was it worth it ? sigh . One day ......

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:07 pm

Ah very nostalgic - thanks for sharing the poetry and images brihacharan, prashantsingh, zaheer.bakshi
presented with a 'pen knife', taught to whittle wood, tie a rope, pitch a tent, light a camp fire

Strangely reminds me of (what is not - now) :-

The boy stood on the burning deck
Whence all but he had fled;
The flame that lit the battle's wreck
Shone round him o'er the dead.

Yet beautiful and bright he stood,
As born to rule the storm;
A creature of heroic blood,
A proud though childlike form.

The flames rolled on; he would not go
Without his Father's word;
That father, faint in death below,
His voice no longer heard.

- Felicia Dorothea Hemans
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!